Pattaya Beer Garden........RIP

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the roast lamb in there!!

Me too, it is very good and they had good mint sauce also

Me too, it is very good and they had good mint sauce also

Yep..not too much mint and not too much vinegar...a bloody good mix in my opinion..probably the best I have tasted in Thailand...and a good amount to cover spuds, meat and Yorkshire pudding......and served with plenty of bum cleavage..

Have I mentioned the bum cleavage before????

Ok GI Joe- Let's get some background on this. Is there anybody there that looks l security? Someone who could assist or take control of the situation? I handled a situation like this years ago working in the security department of a major strip hotel. So give me some background and your answer ye shall get.

Try & keep up. Complete cast of characters & detailed circumstances already provided. But sense you are lookin' for an "out". If you usually quibble & prevaricate in this manner, I don't think the bad guys have much to worry about...

• Upvote 1

Try & keep up. Complete cast of characters & detailed circumstances already provided. But sense you are lookin' for an "out". If you usually quibble & prevaricate in this manner, I don't think the bad guys have much to worry about...

Not sure what you are trying to spin this into. On a few occasions over the years I have been what I would call a Good Samaritan, nothing more. Assuming the situation you have laid out, and there is no one around who's actual job it is to take charge of the situation available, it is quite simple. I would tell crazy muslim chic, providing she was speaking English, that she needs to go outside to wait for her cab. Rather simple. What did you think, I would grab my kung -fu outfit, tie a red cape on cruise the streets of Pattaya? Glitter man does that so well, I could not compete.

• Upvote 1

Yes, she was speaking English. Would love to have seen you do as you claim you would've done. Suspect the situation would've escalated rapidly. In all honesty, she was acting like a crazy woman. I can just see one of the other 2 on their cell calling down the wrath of the prophet upon you while she punched out a wrap rhythm on your chest with her well-muscled index finger.

• Upvote 1

I'd have told this bad tempered, batty burqar'd bitch her 'bomb looks big in that' and ran!

Actually I would have supported the receptionist. I'd have said something. Politely. Probably got myself in trouble anyway. I've been in situations like this where I've been the one shouted at by a worked-up angry 'customer' taking advantage of my having my hands tied behind me by responsibility.

It's easy to say now with hindsight and removed from the heat of the situation but I know me and I hope that......

I'd have interjected at a suitable lull with a polite and quietly spoken 'Mar Dam ( to make the receptionist relax a bit), as a customer you have power but you must be responsible and use your power with respect to this lady or she might call the police and I would have to tell them how rudely you have behaved."

What happened next I'd have to deal calmly with. I would do nothing that put me in the wrong.

Maybe I would have helped the situation maybe not, the point is to support not to expect to win.....or be a hero. Just I know 'me' and if I'd not at least tried, I'd be miserable with myself for weeks.

Having said all that I'll readily walk past some other situations without suffering too much self-recriminations.

Anyway what's this got to do with the Beer garden?

Edited by atlas2

Not sure what you are trying to spin this into. On a few occasions over the years I have been what I would call a Good Samaritan, nothing more. Assuming the situation you have laid out, and there is no one around who's actual job it is to take charge of the situation available, it is quite simple. I would tell crazy muslim chic, providing she was speaking English, that she needs to go outside to wait for her cab. Rather simple. What did you think, I would grab my kung -fu outfit, tie a red cape on cruise the streets of Pattaya? Glitter man does that so well, I could not compete.

Glitterman has gone so the job is open should you want it! :D

Was at the PBG yesterday. At about 8:30PM not one bloody seat available anywhere... After waiting for about 7-8 minutes had to compete with three other guys for a very congested seat at the bar. The club sandwich and the pina colada were as good as ever. And all the while I was thinking of the title of this thread.... RIP??????????????????? How very inappropriate..... Agree with Teelack...

Edited by sick buffalo
  • Upvote 2

Been to PBG a bunch of times have had good and bad experiances, most comman thing to go wrong here if food not arriving all togeather

EXP: my friends food will come first and then mine 15 mins later or longer. kinda annoying but nothing i would really bitch about ( hmm guess i just did )

BUT being part of a family run company back home I would hope an upset customer would ask for me ( the manager) and tell me whats wrong and give me a chance to make it

right before taking to the internet. Everyone makes mistakes and if PBG is doing 2000 meals a day avg then there is going to be mistakes and lot's of them.

nothings agaist the company it's just going to happen based on human error. Even if Pete had 20 refunds out of 2000 meals perday i still say that's pretty good.

Wendy's ( fastfood ) fucks my order up 25% of the time and there pretty basic on the menu...... If something is not right ask for the manager if the server can't or won't help

don't throw a tauntrum act like an adult.

My 0.02

I'm a realist and set the bar low so i'm very rarely dissapointed.

Yes, she was speaking English. Would love to have seen you do as you claim you would've done. Suspect the situation would've escalated rapidly. In all honesty, she was acting like a crazy woman. I can just see one of the other 2 on their cell calling down the wrath of the prophet upon you while she punched out a wrap rhythm on your chest with her well-muscled index finger.

I am somewhat familiar with this mentality. My ex is Indonesian Chinese. Her family is surely in the 1% club in Indonesia if not most of the world. I always questioned how her aunties, uncles, cousins treated the house staff, drivers, bodyguards, etc. I even had my favorite maid stand on the receiving line at our wedding. She was a nice lady who helped with the wedding planning, so why not? Pissed off a few of her family members, though.

Only been a couple of dozen times over last 2 years - with and without a teelak de jour,

Never had a bad meal yet and partners always happy with thier thia menu choices,

rate this place as consistant

• Upvote 1

I am somewhat familiar with this mentality. My ex is Indonesian Chinese. Her family is surely in the 1% club in Indonesia if not most of the world. I always questioned how her aunties, uncles, cousins treated the house staff, drivers, bodyguards, etc. I even had my favorite maid stand on the receiving line at our wedding. She was a nice lady who helped with the wedding planning, so why not? Pissed off a few of her family members, though.

This one was a real bitch. Would have been quite entertaining to have seen some farang feminazi infuriated by the scene and taken her on. Excepting that he must be Muslim, I'd otherwise feel sorry for the husband.

• keyman locked this topic