Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden........RIP

As a consumer that goes there most days when in Pattaya I would make the following comments:

Pete is not often there and as I have previously mentioned see the duty manager who I suggested was Ae who will get things sorted.

I went for breakfast twice last month because they are willing to change what I get on my plate. Some things I ask to remove and others to replace. No problems either time.

Always heaps to read there and a guarateed seat by the sea so its great for a breakfast on your own.

I introduced a Thai lady to the place last month. After I left she had a day off and ended up taking her own daughter there for a meal. Some Thai's do like the food.

Finally, I too have had the odd below standard meal there but no place has tried more to serve consistent food at a fair price IMHO and have free of bar fine girls to add to the attraction.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I too have had the odd below standard meal there but no place has tried more to serve consistent food at a fair price IMHO and have free of bar fine girls to add to the attraction.

Does/did anybody really go there for the Freelancers?

It was a good idea when the place opened up but it has really always been all about the food/drink/ambience imho.

Gimmble, my apologies that our service was not up to scratch.

We have a simple and straight forward rule at the Beer Garden and that is . . . . if you are not happy with any aspect of our service we will give you a full refund, no questions asked. This is fully explained in the "Guarantee" which is included in every menu. To get the refund you MUST ask to speak with the Duty Manager. One is always on duty.

The Beer Garden is open 18 hours a day and serves well over 2,000 meals every day. That's a lot of hours and a lot of meals. It is not possible for me to personally be there checking everything all the time. However when a refund is requested I will know about it and do investigate the cause.

We have over 20 chefs most of whom have been with us for several years or more. The day time head chef has been with us since we opened 6 years ago. No excuses, but at this time of year we do get very busy and sometimes things go wrong. If they do please allow us to fix it or refund your money.

I will be investigating your specific complaints.

Sounds fair enough...

To get the refund you MUST ask to speak with the Duty Manager. One is always on duty.

Maybe you skipped the later posts but it would seem that "One is always on duty" and "One is always available" aren't quite the same thing.

The Duty Manager turned up about 15 minutes ago after the guy had left..................

Personally, I don't believe that negative feedback shouldn't be posted on the forums. It always gives the owner of the business the opportunity to demonstrate how he deals with customer feedback and turn a negative into a positive.

Edited by CheshireTom

It was a good idea when the place opened up but it has really always been all about the food/drink/ambience imho.

True, but the best bird I had last trip I met at the PBG. 1luv :angel

Yes.

Gimmble, my apologies that our service was not up to scratch.

We have a simple and straight forward rule at the Beer Garden and that is . . . . if you are not happy with any aspect of our service we will give you a full refund, no questions asked. This is fully explained in the "Guarantee" which is included in every menu. To get the refund you MUST ask to speak with the Duty Manager. One is always on duty.

The Beer Garden is open 18 hours a day and serves well over 2,000 meals every day. That's a lot of hours and a lot of meals. It is not possible for me to personally be there checking everything all the time. However when a refund is requested I will know about it and do investigate the cause.

We have over 20 chefs most of whom have been with us for several years or more. The day time head chef has been with us since we opened 6 years ago. No excuses, but at this time of year we do get very busy and sometimes things go wrong. If they do please allow us to fix it or refund your money.

I will be investigating your specific complaints.

Hi Pete,

I did everything correct and NO, it was not busy with less than half a dozen customers. The menu might say what to do in these circumstances but at the end of the meal, there is no menu, I have already told the waitress the food was not edible and I was not happy nand to inform the manager. She was also a long time waitress and knows the correct ways.

I REALLY believe you have a problem there, its not isolated and you really need to fix it before bigger damage has set in. I dont give a shit about 110 baht, to be honest I am posting this to get YOUR attention and for you to put things right in your business.

cheers

Rodney

I had an issue before where the food was burned, but as it was served late i had to eat since was hungry when coming in. After i complainent to the waiter and was dissed away i asked for the manager and same reply, i admit party my problem as i ate the food and not returned it the moment i saw it was not 100%.

Result was we didnt go to Beer garden for a long time even if we liked it before (like a year), last week we were wondering where to go to late dinner, wife suggested the beergarden and i decided to give it another shot.

the place was packet all tables busy and i was determited not to accept any food that wasnt good, but no complaint's the thai food arrived first and my food later but it was all pretty fast and nicely done. considering how full the place, we even had to share a 4 person table with another couple...

What im thinking is everyone makes mistakes just make sure you can correct then, i belive they serve 2000 meals a day thats an impresive number for thailand, i have been to some 10k ppl conferences in america where the food is way batter and this is thailand after all ;)

Edited by sambo

Ive said it before but ive never been over keen on the food at PBG; an expansive menu but unremarkable scran. However I do think it is a great place to have a drink and does have smashing views on an evening

Ive said it before but ive never been over keen on the food at PBG; an expansive menu but unremarkable scran.

Agreed. At least compared to the Bangkok Beergarden. The Thai scoff on the menu isn't exactly cheap.

Edited by CheshireTom

I've been a regular eater at the PBG whenever I'm in Thaialnd and I've never had a problem. Me thinks maybe you have to consider that you are a visitor and have to order as a visiter and not like you do in your own country. Give the girls a break and cut some slack. I noticed the Iced Tea bit also. I always order Iced Tea with out sugar. It's been perfect every time. Pete is an upstanding guy and takes care of his customers. Your in Thailand not England or America. Things are different somewhat. The Iced Tea is made with a tea bag in a cup and the lady pours hot water oin and then after a few minutes she pours it in a glass with Ice added. I've sat and watched her do it for years. Good to the last drop.

Edited by dtyolmn

I've been a regular eater at the PBG whenever I'm in Thaialnd and I've never had a problem. Me thinks maybe you have to consider that you are a visitor and have to order as a visiter and not like you do in your own country. Give the girls a break and cut some slack. I noticed the Iced Tea bit also. I always order Iced Tea with out sugar. It's been perfect every time. Pete is an upstanding guy and takes care of his customers. Your in Thailand not England or America. Things are different somewhat. The Iced Tea is made with a tea bag in a cup and the lady pours hot water oin and then after a few minutes she pours it in a glass with Ice added. I've sat and watched her do it for years. Good to the last drop.

Hahahhahahahahahahhaa..............................................................WRONG

I lived in Pattaya for 2 years, ran a business their, I know Thai standards, but this food was not average, not below avarage but just plain CRAP.

I am more than happy to go sit there with you and shout you the meal I ate.

I am not here to give Pete a hard time but to let him know there is a REAL problem there, and needs to be looked at.

You are more than welcome to give YOUR opinion about what you think of the food but dont tell me MY opinion is wrong or you even know me or what my standards are.

cheers

Rodney

We had a guy whine in my restaurant a couple of days ago that the vegatarian strudel was made with pastry

if he had known he would not have ordered it,they walk among us.

The op needs to lighten up a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Iced Tea is made with a tea bag in a cup and the lady pours hot water oin and then after a few minutes she pours it in a glass with Ice added. I've sat and watched her do it for years. Good to the last drop.

dtyolmn, you missed the point I was trying to make which was that Pete told me that he doesn't know how iced tea is made at the PBG.

I love going to PBG to start the evening and have never had a problem with the food or service. Also, I have met some great freelancers there. But I have not been going out as much lately so I guess I will try it out again this week. Pattaya Pete has always done a great job so I don't expect much to have changed. Certainly not a r.i.p.. Oh, the drama!

Jack

dtyolmn, you missed the point I was trying to make which was that Pete told me that he doesn't know how iced tea is made at the PBG.

That's the point you were trying to make? Why?

I doubt Pete knows how the meatloaf is made either.

• Upvote 3

Why do folks slag off PBG on PT without talking face-to-face with Pete? I have never known the guy to not respond to constructive criticism.

And "RIP Pattaya Beer Garden" is an inappropriate title for the post which suggests it is going out of business.

I can't complain about food or service there after dozens of meals and I would talk to the proprietor before writing it off and suggesting all and sundry ought to as well.

That's the point you were trying to make? Why?

I doubt Pete knows how the meatloaf is made either.

Many reasons but here is an easy one. If he doesn't at least review the ingredients of the meatloaf, how does he have any idea if it has been costed out correctly? Iced tea should be real easy to review.

Many reasons but here is an easy one. If he doesn't at least review the ingredients of the meatloaf, how does he have any idea if it has been costed out correctly? Iced tea should be real easy to review.

You actually think someone "costs out" an iced tea? As for anything else, it's pretty clear how to set the price so you don't lose money. Meatloaf is hamburger..how many grams, how much per gram...Okay double or triple it.

• keyman locked this topic