Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Outdoor fitness park in Pattaya?

One time i saw the photo of open air gymansium and it was located somewhere in Pattaya, propably in darkside It was very hardcore style, looking like a ghetto workout place.

Does anyone know anything about this place and where is it?

Any info is appreciated

I think this must be the fitness trail in the park on pratumak hill where is situated the Big Budha. There is a series of apparatus where you can exercise in various ways such as sit ups and pull ups. Also in the evenings you see quite a few joggers running round the trails.

I think this must be the fitness trail in the park on pratumak hill where is situated the Big Budha. There is a series of apparatus where you can exercise in various ways such as sit ups and pull ups. Also in the evenings you see quite a few joggers running round the trails.

That was my first thought but reading the OP I think he meant a proper gym.

I wouldn't be hanging around that Pratumnak Hill place too late at night.

Try reading this.

Tony's has 2 open air Gyms that I know of.

1 on the cormer of Pattaya Tai and Third road, the other is the old badminton place on Nern Plub Wan.

Thank you so much!

First place i found on google maps, do you have any hit or location name how do i find the second place?

That outdoor gym area at the back of the new Axis condo is quite impressive. I would use it but it is a bit scary around there, even in the day time let alone at night. It is so quiet with no one around i felt nervous even walking round.

That was my first thought but reading the OP I think he meant a proper gym.

I wouldn't be hanging around that Pratumnak Hill place too late at night.

Try reading this.

Yes the Hill isnt much of a gym but it is a fitness park.I use it nearly every day when in Patts..

Most of the gym type apparatus has been taken away now and I think there is only 2 areas for such exercise. But for running and jogging its fine. Mostly I use it in the late afternoon getting back to the room for a swim etc. It usually has quite a few runners going round it bu about 4pm. Most go round clockwise but I find anti clock wise is actually faster and suites my style (the hills are steeper but shorter that way round !!)

It used to get quite a few katoee's trying to drum up trade and it was visited by numerous farang gays :banana on motor bikes. But for the last few years that hasnt been as bad .

At one time they had 2 guards in uniform (one was a quite attractive girl) who were supposed to get rid of them but now they too have gone.

The only time I ever felt threatened there was by a rather large ape :yikes: (no joke) with a blue collar on its neck sitting on the wall.

I think I must have disturbed as I ran up and didn't see it until the last minute. It made a big show of its teeth but then luckily ran of into the bushes. I have asked a few people about it since but no one has ever seen anything like it.

Have a feeling it could have something to do with the Temple near the Big Budda.

There was also a lot of stray animals, cats (who did quite well) and dogs, (who didnt) a few Thias regularly visited with food for them all in the early evenings. Now they seem to have stopped this and there are very few last three trips or so.

All in all its a good place to go for a run and some hill work.

And another reason to avoid it is posted just above........ :D

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much, i definately will go on jogging there!

In the photo i saw a while ago there was some punching bags as well. Any idea where this place might be?

I'm heading to Thailand next sunday and staying 6-12 months so i have enough time to look for it =)

• 2 weeks later...

Opposite the entrance to the Big Buddha area is a rudimentary gym used by the motor bike taxi men. In addition to wights they also have a Couple of punch bags.

This area is possibly te best area for running in Pattaya having a circuit of about 1.4 Km which is traffic free. It benefits from being shaded by the trees and sometimes has a cooling breeze. I have run there at all times of the day although its practically deserted until about 4 pm. I try to do 6 laps in under an hour.

At the top of Pratamnak Hill, the intersection has a police Box on the corner. This is the intersection you turn into to go down the hill to the Cosy Beach Hotel and Mountain View Hotel. Wonder if this is the same one mentioned above?

Beside the police box is an open air gym of some sort. It has rubber tyres for bouncing on and weights made from large food cans filled with concrete and steel bars and a couple of pretty well used punching bags.

It seems to have 10 to 12 users in the mornings, before it gets too hot. later in the afternoon it looks to be unused.

grit.

Edited by grityorteef