Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Traveler,

I just checked out two days ago and I would highly recommend it. I like the location on Soi 8 and the rooms are CLEAN. I paid 750 baht/night and the air con was COLD, rooms have recently been remodeled with nice white tiled floors and baths. Bed is BIG and plenty of space in the room. I get the rooms ont he 4th floor as they have direct access to the pool from the 4th. There are two towers each with 7 floors and the pool is in the middle. I've only stayed in the "A" tower on the 4th floor and can vouch that those rooms are sufficient.

I looked at the new Dynasty rooms and they were smaller and MUCH darker than the rooms are Eastiny and Dynasty was asking 990 and 1200 for those rooms.

I'll soon be doing a post with pics of the rooms. I just got back home and trying to get my feet on the ground so I have some time to post.

I did a room review but Pete has not posted it. I gave the Eastiny an 8 out of 10 score. I'll be staying there again.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi OnMyWay

I think I read somewhere that Eastiny Place has  restricted smoking policy

As a smoker that has a bearing for me

Any feedback on that ?

Otherwise the reports are good on this hotel

Never tried Soi 8 area but could be good for a change

Cheers

Tilacno1

You have to watch out for one thing though - some of the rooms can be uncomfortably close to the building next door. Like measured in several feet.  I saw some rooms on the landward side of the building (as opposed to the sea-side) and they were so close that I chose not to stay at the hotel. All the rooms overlooking the pool were booked at that time. Try to get a room on the pool-side if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

:) Hello I was going to try and stay @ the Flipper house

but the stuff that i've been reading of late seem to point to Eastiny Place do you know if it has a web site ?? ;)

Traveler,

I have stayed at the Eastiny Inn, owned by the same people. The Inn is across the Soi and a little further down toward Beach Rd. Both place have nice clean bright rooms. In the past I would stay at one of the Flippers, but I like the rooms at the Eastiny Inn, and will be staying there again in about 3 weeks.

Peter_F,

I don't think they have a website, but here is their email address 'eastinyinn@hotmail.com'.  The manager of both places is named Mark. You can send him a email for reservations, and he will get back to you the next day.

LeoTex

Hi OnMyWay

I think I read somewhere that Eastiny Place has  restricted smoking policy

As a smoker that has a bearing for me

Any feedback on that ?

Otherwise the reports are good on this hotel

Never tried Soi 8 area but could be good for a change

Cheers

Tilacno1

Besides the smoking area Mark mentioned, many of the smokers step out on the balcony of their room for a smoke where the hotel has placed ashtrays.

Emil