Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

It's in Jomtien, a 10-20 minute baht bus ride from Walking Street depending on traffic. You'll have no trouble finding a bus.

Never stayed at the Boat House but dropped by for lunch a few trips back and was impressed with the casual feel of the joint. The steak sandwich would feed a boat of vikings!

It's a sister hotel of the Residence Garden, the board's recommended hotel.

Jomtien's a relaxing enough spot but the beach is filthy and a real put off.

Thanks. The RG is full and I've spent all weekend looking for something in town. The owner, Ib, said there's an openning at The J boathouse so I'm going to book there.

I just wanted to be sure it wasn't too far out. This is my second trip and one thing I wouldn't do in Pattaya is drive. Another is ride a bike.

Getting a Baht Bus won't be a problem for you... Get off around the VC Hotel and cut through around Tony's and your on Walking St. Or get off at the Diamond Beach sign and cut through...Easy to do after one time...  

The Hotel is in a good location and there are alot of places to eat and buy stuff for your needs...Get an Ocean view room if you can...

Roppongi

Do you mean the Roof Garden Inn? Maybe there is a roof top inn (what the heck do I know), I'm not sure but I know the roof garden is near the Sugar Hut.

Lookn4Domi,

If you can find a place in Pattaya you may be better off. From what I have read (nope haven't been for New Years yet), It is not too hard getting to walking street in the EARLY evening but getting back can be a real pain.

Good Luck

Jim

Roppongi

Do you mean the Roof Garden Inn? Maybe there is a roof top inn (what the heck do I know), I'm not sure but I know the roof garden is near the Sugar Hut.

Lookn4Domi,

If you can find a place in Pattaya you may be better off. From what I have read (nope haven't been for New Years yet), It is not too hard getting to walking street in the EARLY evening but getting back can be a real pain.

Good Luck

Jim

Yes, the Roof Garden is just back a little Pattaya way from the Sugar Hut turnoff.

Damned sight cheaper too !!