Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thank you to Rosie O Grady's

I had left a package at business on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien and so took the baht bus as far as possible and then grabbed a motorbike taxi the rest of the way. Arriving at the top, I told the motorbike to wait to take me back down to the baht bus route.

I was in and out the door in 60 seconds but unfortunately the motorbike taxi was no where to be seen.

Being in no physical condition to make the hike back to the baht bus route on my own and not knowing exactly how to get there anyway I spotted an English guy walking to his car and asked him if he would give me a ride back to the baht buses.

He was happy to do so and also learning that my destination was on his way offered to drop me off on Soi Diana instead. Traffic was bad and in the chit chat learned that he was the owner of Rosie O Grady's on Soi 7.

A few nights later I decided to check his restaurant out of curiosity. Being and English restaurant I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. One of my pet peeves about food in Thailand is the little bittie tomatoes. Well, this Rosie's O Grady's serves nice big tomato slices on their sandwiches. I'm talking the 2" to 3" diameter tomatoes. And tomatoes are what make a sandwich.

I don't remember the owner's name but thank you for the ride and good food.

• Upvote 1
Guest Fatboyfat

To each theie own ... I find those "beefsteak" tomatoes to be tasteless and a waste of time ! Rosies is good enough tho'. Don't forget to "borrow" their brown sauce bottles ! :bhappy

Rosie O'Grady's has always been a definite stop for me. The service is good and so is the food. But, what I really like about the place is that I can enjoy a nice quiet hassle free beer either before, during or after the beer bars. The staff has always been friendly to me and I never had to wait very long for a refill. On my next trip I will be a frequent visitor for a quiet breather during my rounds.

Has anyone stayed in their rooms? Every time I have tried to book in the past there is always no vacancy?

Sorry but I have eaten here twice and it was poor. Good farang food at Golf Club, Pig and Whistle and Butchers Arms IMHO

Well, all I can say is that I've some excellent food there on occasion. I don't eat there all the time, but the beef stew has been more than excellent. I've also had a few of their other specials and have no complaints. I guess it must be like any restaurant. Once in a while, they may slip up.

Sorry but I have eaten here twice and it was poor. Good farang food at Golf Club, Pig and Whistle and Butchers Arms IMHO

Sorry to say I agree, nothing special, just pub grub. Their roast meals I found particularly bland.

But the service is good and you can easily get a seat inside, read a paper and get 'something and chips' that you are hankering after at a low price.

Pre-beer stomach lining, similar to the Seaside Restaurant.

• Downvote 1

To each theie own ... I find those "beefsteak" tomatoes to be tasteless and a waste of time ! Rosies is good enough tho'. Don't forget to "borrow" their brown sauce bottles ! :bhappy

I find they act like bearings and make the top and bottom of a sandwich or burger go in two different directions.

Tomatoes have grown to be so bland if not from the field and ripened properly as well.

I was in there 2 days ago and the service was excellent but food disappointing..

I hadn't been in there for years as I never liked the original owner ( Since passed away??) nor his son. Both seemed to treat the girls like shit which annoyed me no end.....

I find they act like bearings and make the top and bottom of a sandwich or burger go in two different directions.

Tomatoes have grown to be so bland if not from the field and ripened properly as well.

There's the kind of soil they're grown in, too - makes a world of difference. Also, refrigeration guaranteed to sap the flavor.

:clueless I ate breakfast most mornings at Rosies-very good Irish breakfast-and evening specials were good also.I found food better than Pig next door.

Good honest staff as welI-I was stupid enough to leave an expensive phone on the table one morning-didn't realise until I got back to my condo-ran back to Rosies to find it was waiting for me at the serving counter.

Edited by pauly77
  • 1 month later...

I used to stay at Rosie O Grady's regularly and found the rooms, the food and the service was excellent, Darren the son of the original owner Bill I find a great host and very helpful.

If you are wondering why I do not stay there now, the reason is that I used to always come in March, June and September and they always had vacancies, now I just take one long vacation from early December till early January and they are always full at that time but I still pop in for the odd pint or two.

, Darren the son of the original owner Bill I find a great host and very helpful.

Does he still call people twice his age "boys"...and does he treat the girls as badly as his Father did???

• 3 weeks later...

Ate there a couple of days ago with my wingman. We both had burgers with chips and a 'side salad'. The side salad consisted of a lettuce leaf a slice of tomato and a slice of onion on the side of the plate which should have been in the burger.

Overall it wasnt bad but it wasnt anything different that you can get at 20 or 30 other places in Patts.

Would I eat the again? Probably, but I wouldnnt make a journey just to go there.

Edited by oddball
  • Upvote 1

Ate there a couple of days ago with my wingman. We both had burgers with chips and a 'side salad'. The side salad consisted of a lettuce leaf a slice of tomato and a slice of onion on the side of the plate which should have been in the burger.

Overall it wasnt bad but it wasnt anything different that you can get at 20 or 30 other places in Patts.

Would I eat the again? Probably, but I wouldnnt make a journey just to go there.

I'm getting tired of these places that advertise this and then give you that. A salad is not the lettuce and onions that goes on your hamburger and a free shot with drink purchase is not 25 ml of a Spy cooler (Sea A-Gogo). I had breakfast at Robin's Nest this week and if I knew they were gonna give me roast potatoes rather than the advertised fried potatoes I would have ordered something else. A sausage is not a BS wiener either that many places give you.

A sausage is not a BS wiener either that many places give you.

Yeah, that's a big one for me, standard in 'American' breakfasts, one or 2 of those disgusting hotdog type things flash fried or barely warmed still shiny with grease... they are vile, and constituted of lips-and-arseholes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have used Rosies for many years and can recommend the gammon, pinnaple, egg, chips and baked beans.

However just recently i have been using the Pig and Whistle next door as the beef stew is twice as good both for quantity and quality and also includes bread and butter.

Both venues give me a chance to leave the San Mig alone and sample the black stuff..........guinness

Yeah, that's a big one for me, standard in 'American' breakfasts, one or 2 of those disgusting hotdog type things flash fried or barely warmed still shiny with grease... they are vile, and constituted of lips-and-arseholes.

I watched a programme in the UK called "How It's Made" on the Quest television channel,and they followed the entire production process for Hot Dogs. Having seen that,I will never ever be tempted to eat one ever again,they are basically processed rubbish with flavoring and coloring added to make them vaguely palatable.How something so vile can be so popular is amazing,particularly in the information age in which we live.

Edited by Billions