Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For Rent New Ford Focus 1.6 Hatchback

For Rent All New Ford Focus 5 Door Auto

post-27093-0-92578300-1359250036_thumb.jpg

post-27093-0-92904600-1359250058_thumb.jpg

For Rent All-New Ford Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT Trend

6-speed PowerShift Automatic Transmission

SYNC® allows you to drive in comfort and safety and still use your Bluetooth® devices. Just say what you need and SYNC will do it, while your hands stay on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Find and dial phone numbers on your mobile phone.

Read out text messages and send pre-set replies.

Play your favorite songs and playlists directly from your MP3 player

ABS BRakes, Traction control system

Driver and Front passenger Airbags

Radio,CD, MP3, USB, AUX, Rear Seat Fold 60:40

post-27093-0-62717800-1359250078_thumb.jpg

post-27093-0-31058700-1359250109_thumb.jpg

Full Comp Insurance

Free Delivery and Pick up

No Excess mileage charges

Weekly 8,000 baht

Monthly 23,000 baht

3 to 6 Monthly 22,000 bah

PLEASE NOTE FOR ALL ENQUIRIES E.MAIL OR CALL ONLY

E.Mail pattayagolf@hotmail.com or Tel: Eng 0899-326-716 or Thai 0895-467-21

Looks like a good deal to me.

Anybody on here use Sat Nav in LOS? Is it possible to rent a unit for 1 month, if not how much to buy one?

I won't leave Pattaya without hooking up the GPS unit.

I have one that came from Hong Kong and was sold to me by a friend who was distributing them to shops several years ago. It has, along with many Euro languages, Thai, and Issan vocalizations. It's pretty funny to set it on Issan and see the expression on your Issan passengers' faces.

I don't know about renting one, unless it comes with the car rental, but you can buy one that will work anywhere in the world (with the right map software) for around 8k baht (last time I looked). You can get them all over now..Tuk.Com, Central...about anywhere.

I won't leave Pattaya without hooking up the GPS unit.

I have one that came from Hong Kong and was sold to me by a friend who was distributing them to shops several years ago. It has, along with many Euro languages, Thai, and Issan vocalizations. It's pretty funny to set it on Issan and see the expression on your Issan passengers' faces.

I don't know about renting one, unless it comes with the car rental, but you can buy one that will work anywhere in the world (with the right map software) for around 8k baht (last time I looked). You can get them all over now..Tuk.Com, Central...about anywhere.

That's good info, thanks.

Does it work well in Issan? I would only need it for the Pattaya to Surin City leg of the journey. I know my way around once I get to Surin.

Does it work well in Issan? I would only need it for the Pattaya to Surin City leg of the journey. I know my way around once I get to Surin.

I've used Garmin Thai maps and some locally developed maps (I think UGO or something like that). They are both (if regularly updated) capable of guiding you down dirt roads to just about anywhere. I've found them quite useful in Issan, and even more so in Bangkok.

Yes it does. I have used Garmin before and since a few years Tomtom. I prefer Tomtom (better maps, nicer interface) . But both will get you to Surin. Basicly it is 314, 24 and 214. That will take you to the road near Big C in Surin.

From pattaya about 7 hours (incl.stops)

Yes it does. I have used Garmin before and since a few years Tomtom. I prefer Tomtom (better maps, nicer interface) . But both will get you to Surin. Basicly it is 314, 24 and 214. That will take you to the road near Big C in Surin.

From pattaya about 7 hours (incl.stops)

304 or 314? I'm just having a quick look on Google Maps. How long without stops?

Thanks.

Jeeez...What is the world coming to if you need satnav to get to Surin... :clueless

304 or 314? I'm just having a quick look on Google Maps. How long without stops?

Thanks.

That should be 304, not 314. Sorry.

It is 470 km. About 6 - 6,5 hrs without stops, depending on traffic. Mainly pretty decend road up until Nang Rong.

You will pass a scenic national park, which name escapes me right now. Speed drops to about 30 kmh due to the many trucks on the road (in the park), but it is a nice route. My advice is to continue on the 24 to Prasat (instead of going to Buriram).

Jeeez...What is the world coming to if you need satnav to get to Surin... :clueless

Yeah I can normally get to the cities, my problems start trying to find the little villages!

That should be 304, not 314. Sorry.

It is 470 km. About 6 - 6,5 hrs without stops, depending on traffic. Mainly pretty decend road up until Nang Rong.

You will pass a scenic national park, which name escapes me right now. Speed drops to about 30 kmh due to the many trucks on the road (in the park), but it is a nice route. My advice is to continue on the 24 to Prasat (instead of going to Buriram).

Thanks for the clarification.

I've done Pattaya to Surin on the bus several times. The bus seems to take an eternity to get out of Chonburi, picking up passengers from many locations before getting under way proper.

The national park is the one up in the mountainous region, right? Sounds like the route you suggest is largely the same as the bus route.

Seems I won't need the sat nav afterall, I'll just print off the Google Map.

Cheers.

Yeah, I know. Bit sad isn't it.

To be honest, I don't know how to get out of Pattaya and onto the 304 road. I can see myself ending up in Malaysia instead of Surin, lol.

Once I find the 304 I'll be fine just following signs.

To be honest, I don't know how to get out of Pattaya and onto the 304 road. I can see myself ending up in Malaysia instead of Surin, lol.

That indeed is the trickiest part... Once you're on the 304 it's just "follow the road" until you cross the 24 flyover (you can't miss that one..)..

That indeed is the trickiest part... Once you're on the 304 it's just "follow the road" until you cross the 24 flyover (you can't miss that one..)..

Unless you make the trip frequently, as perhaps Bullfrog does, getting to the mountain road while trying to follow a Google map is a recipe for disaster.

Get the Sat Nav!