Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Wheels touch runway at 11:59 am on Cathay Pacific flight from HKG. Meet cutie with sign with my name just after I walk off jetway, speed thru immigration, suit case last one to come out. Was at first toll booth on highway at 1:05 PM. Definately will use again when arriving around noon.

PB#1

Edited by PigBoy#1

I wonder if that was the same cutie that met me. I seriously considered asking her to spending my vacation with me.

I wasn't planning on checking luggage but Eva threw a wrench into those plans. They promised me that my roller board would come out early as I was in premium economy. There must have been 50 taped up cardboard boxes that came out ahead of mine. Anybody know what the deal is with all the taped up cardboard boxes? If they had come out last I would have assumed that they belonged to very poor passengers in economy.

Unless it's for the meetup with the cutie as described by OP, IMO the passenger offload to Don Mueng has made the need for fast track service almost obsolete. My wait at immigration coming into the PI this time made almost anything I've ever experienced at Thai immigration, entering or leaving, seem trivial. I wouldn't even consider spending the money on FT at this point.

I wonder if that was the same cutie that met me. I seriously considered asking her to spending my vacation with me.

I wasn't planning on checking luggage but Eva threw a wrench into those plans. They promised me that my roller board would come out early as I was in premium economy. There must have been 50 taped up cardboard boxes that came out ahead of mine. Anybody know what the deal is with all the taped up cardboard boxes? If they had come out last I would have assumed that they belonged to very poor passengers in economy.

Evergreen is a logistics company first and an airline as a minor part of the overall logistics business. EVA was a heavy user of the 747-combi in the past and they ship a lot of cargo on all of their planes.

If it is cargo it is not sent out onto the luggage carousel. So it must have belonged to someone. You see this a lot on Central American and Caribbean flights but at the busy times of the year the airlines embargo boxes even if within the allowances by size and weight. Far cheaper than FedEx and on the shipper's own flight which is why they are so popular.

Cathay has a small presence at BKK so they use contractors vs. their own staff like at HKG. In HKG my priority luggage is on the belt ahead of all the luggage, e.g. before the general luggage even starts to come out, which I discovered while waiting for it and failing to notice it going around and around.

At BKK last two trips my bag was out maybe among the first 30 or so. It's tagged priority, but you have to depend on how the plane was loaded in HKG, and how much the contract handlers give a shit in BKK.

If you enjoyed the arrival fast track use the departure fast track. Super fast and pretty disinterested security and very polite.

Whats the extra charge for this service?

Fasttrack (I wanted to write FT, but realised that could be confusing to the few German readers here) with Bangkok Flight Services cost 700 baht. The buggy is another 600 (total of 1300) baht.

Fasttrack (I wanted to write FT, but realised that could be confusing to the few German readers here) with Bangkok Flight Services cost 700 baht. The buggy is another 600 (total of 1300) baht.

Wow! Thats a LT for some of us and certainly more than the cab to Pattaya. Thanks for the info but I will give this one a miss.

Seriously "wow"

:clueless

Mind you 'spose its the price of a bicycle to some

Well if there was a serious saving in time or I had a disability or whatever, maybe but when I have been on a plane for 12 hours there is nothing I like more than a fast walk to the immigration to get the blood flowing. I am also aware that in minutes I will be back on my ass again in the back of a cab. I guess that as someone that enjoys walking up to 10 kilometers a day the service is a bit difficult to see as valuable.

Wheels touch runway at 11:59 am on Cathay Pacific flight from HKG. Meet cutie with sign with my name just after I walk off jetway, speed thru immigration, suit case last one to come out. Was at first toll booth on highway at 1:05 PM. Definately will use again when arriving around noon.

PB#1

Did you mean to say that your suitcase was the first one out?

Wow! Thats a LT for some of us and certainly more than the cab to Pattaya. Thanks for the info but I will give this one a miss.

I have much more money than time. Anything I time I can save standing behind a bunch of Russians I will take anytime. Besides it is only around 30 bucks

I didn't use the buggy and the cutie does walk quite fast

I have much more money than time. Anything I time I can save standing behind a bunch of Russians I will take anytime. Besides it is only around 30 bucks

I must be missing something but seeing as I usually get through immigration before the baggage comes through I fail to see how I could save any time!

I must be missing something but seeing as I usually get through immigration before the baggage comes through I fail to see how I could save any time!

I have taken so long at times when arriving around noon, that all of the luggage from the flight I was on was taken off the belt and another flight's luggage was on the belt. I got to the luggage belt just as the first class luggage came out.

PB#1

Whats the extra charge for this service?

There is a range with various providers and cart or not, and it is included in Business or First service on various airlines, Cathay for sure, both arriving and departing.

If you get the service with a premium fare (J or F) then the bags also arrive quite fast, usually within minutes of arriving at the luggage belts. If you pay for it then you have a point but to many not standing in a long queue behind people who cannot fill out a slip of paper is worth the expense.

Edited by Grandpollo
Guest Fatboyfat

It might be just me but I tend to get into Swampy 8.30/9.30pm and I almost always manage to get through immigration and down to the carrousel before my luggage has appeared.

Ditto for 1800 arrivals that I normally get. I've also found that similar departure times are good (1800 - 2000). The midnight - 0200 departures ( most European flights ) tend to provide the nightmare scenarios.