Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is KFC the rankest fast food?

Tom, if your lucky enough to find wild fresh pacific salmon please try it. Not only is it healthier its much tastier and has a better firmer texture. It's like comparing steak to hamburger. I grew up eating lots of salmon and had many neighbours that were fishers so we were well stocked for the better part of the year. I've tried farmed salmon and I wont eat it mainly just on taste and texture. Farmed Atlantic salmon from Sizzler just the thought of it gives me the creeps.

Funnily enough, we have salmon in Scotland.

Besides, I think it's easier to secure a threesome with a couple of transexual midgets than it is to find decent salmon in Thailand. :ninja: On second thoughts, that's not quite true - the Nissui factory is about 15 minutes from where I live. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is a women like a bucket of KFC ? Because once your past the Tender breasts and the juicy thighs All you have left is a greasy wet box to put your bone in.

Is that a chip on your shoulder… or maybe a french fry ?

McDonald's burgers 100% beef, No horse

Posted Images

KFC here in a First World country is good.Can't speak for it in Patts.Why would you eat at KFC in Patts anyway?

Okay, so you wonder about KFC in "Patts".

McDoanlds in Avenue Mall on 2nd Road is superior to ANY McDonalds here in the USA.Every item I tried is.And funny that the prices for items differs between that location and the one in Central on Beach Rd.I guess you pay for the view..........

But McDonalds is okay?

I'm baffled by this.

Tom, if your lucky enough to find wild fresh pacific salmon please try it. Not only is it healthier its much tastier and has a better firmer texture. It's like comparing steak to hamburger.

I go for the Wild Atlantic Salmon because of it's higher Omega 3 content. Tinned or fresh, I love them both. I eat Farmed Salmon too, the PCB levels don't bother me. Give me a Salmon steak over a Beef steak any time. Beef steaks are unhealthy and overrated imho. Wouldn't bother me if I never ate a Beef steak again.

Edit: Damn it, I've got a craving now for McD's. Haven't eaten one since last April and that was in Patts.

Edited by papillon

Subway...utter shite.

Oh I don't mind a subway sandwich now and again for lunch. Enjoy watching all the attractive girls walk around the old Carrefour Mall as I eat. They are certainly a bit cheap with the meat though! Likely my penchant for bread, which I do miss while in LOS.

Back to KFC... I might have one of their sandwiches now and again but always saw their body-parts as a bit disgusting. In Thailand I think some places over-use the oil. When they do eventually change it the old stuff is used by the bug-sellers....in their bikes, it isn't good enough to fry the bugs in! The TGF will make Chicken drumsticks in tempura flour with a hot chilli sauce dip and I really enjoy those....although they exit like a scared flock!

TGF will make Chicken drumsticks in tempura flour with a hot chilli sauce dip and I really enjoy those....although they exit like a scared flock!

Too much information lol

Too much information lol

Seriously..... if I am spotted doing a dash out of the Expats club that's what I had Saturday! It's the chilli sauce... but I love it!

I like Subway but by the time you've built a decent sandwich it's like 500 Baht, lol.

Their daily lunch special is about 180 baht for a foot long with a small drink. Not sure what the extra-meat, extra cheese option adds.

I don't think that McDonald's really qualifies as "food" what it is exactly I'm not sure, but its not food. I have eaten it once in the last 20 years or so, at 3am at some airport because I was starving and nothing else was open.It was just dreadful.

I was in the same situation a few years later but even though ravenous I did'nt buy McDonalds.

KFC in Thailand is marginal at best, 2nd rate chicken and an over abundance of the crumbs that cover it.However here in OZ , I have to say KFC is bordering on delicious.

Sizzler? Worse than McDonald, that salad bar they have was designed by a feminist terrorist I reckon.Its frightening. Pizzler is an absolute no no.

subway- I think its ok in thailand, passable.Again here in OZ I think its actually quite good and I have it occasionally.

To be honest I have lost faith in most of these big food chains, its not that cheap and the quality is rubbish.I would rather pay 2/3$ more and go to a noodle bar or cafe or suchlike.

Here in OZ the quality of pretty much all processed foods is falling, as a result I find myself going for fresh food and preparing myself virtually all the time now.

In fact I'm finding that foods that are say twice the price of the supposedly cheap stuff are often 3 or 4 times the quality. Thats value in my book.

Their daily lunch special is about 180 baht for a foot long with a small drink. Not sure what the extra-meat, extra cheese option adds.

I was joking about it costing 500 but if you build your own those toppings add up fast. I stopped going to Subway on Soi Diana when I found the Bakery around the corner on Soi Exzyte (sp?). Nice fresh bread and ingredients. Would buy a load and keep them in the Hotel room's Fridge.

Here in OZ the quality of pretty much all processed foods is falling, as a result I find myself going for fresh food and preparing myself virtually all the time now.

In fact I'm finding that foods that are say twice the price of the supposedly cheap stuff are often 3 or 4 times the quality. Thats value in my book.

Same here in England. I buy fresh ingredients and cook for myself. I might buy a take away Fish 'n Chips on a Friday just to keep the tradition alive, that's about it as far as fast food goes. I also enjoy preparing and cooking food. Wouldn't do it for a living though, the novelty would soon wear off.

I was joking about it costing 500 but if you build your own those toppings add up fast. I stopped going to Subway on Soi Diana when I found the Bakery around the corner on Soi Exzyte (sp?). Nice fresh bread and ingredients. Would buy a load and keep them in the Hotel room's Fridge.

Toppings are included........extra meat/ cheese are the only things that will bump the price. Not familiar with the Diana one, but the one near WS is crap, nowhere to sit!

I don't think that McDonald's really qualifies as "food" what it is exactly I'm not sure, but its not food.

It is food, but I always say Mcd and the like certainly do not qualify as restaurants.

Same here in England. I buy fresh ingredients and cook for myself. I might buy a take away Fish 'n Chips on a Friday just to keep the tradition alive, that's about it as far as fast food goes.

Good for you Papillon, unlikely to be any polo pony in Fish'n chips.

I always thought as a kid, "Fish don't have bloody fingers"........... And, "Where exactly on a chicken are it's nuggets?"

Just looked up the additives in a Big Mac. Won't bore you. But I see why it's been said only human's recognise a Mac burger as meat! And why people become strict food nuts, carefully avoiding this and that and taking regular exercise.

.......The hospitals are still full of them though, dying of...........nothing.

Edited by atlas2

Wild Pacific v farmed Atlantic.... night and day Tom, night and day. Esp in sashimi :thumbup

Funnily enough, we also have wild Salmon in Scotland. :thumbup It was/is a very productive sideline for the artillery guys based in Benbecula who would ship it back to mainland UK and Germany.

Are all KFCs in Thailand halal?

Edited by CheshireTom

Oh I don't mind a subway sandwich now and again for lunch. Enjoy watching all the attractive girls walk around the old Carrefour Mall as I eat. They are certainly a bit cheap with the meat though! Likely my penchant for bread, which I do miss while in LOS.

Back to KFC... I might have one of their sandwiches now and again but always saw their body-parts as a bit disgusting. In Thailand I think some places over-use the oil. When they do eventually change it the old stuff is used by the bug-sellers....in their bikes, it isn't good enough to fry the bugs in! The TGF will make Chicken drumsticks in tempura flour with a hot chilli sauce dip and I really enjoy those....although they exit like a scared flock!

So that was u i saw last week,with food in your ears,as u missed your mouth,looking at a pretty thing lol lol

I know this because I used to have a visitor from Singapore who would only eat Halal and KFC was NOT on the list.

Here's the list :

.pdf"]http://www.halal.or.th/uploadfiles/List%20of%20Halal%20Restaurants%20and%20Hotels%20in%20Thailand%201[1].pdf

Well permit me to unbaffle you MM.When McDonalds can produce such perfection as they do at the 2nd Rd location,I go for it.Plus it was within a 4 minute walk to PBR and next door to Villa Market and it's like what is pictured in their ads.Fries are always fresh and if you have to wait more than a minute or so,they bring fresh fries to your table.

I enjoy KFC here but rarely visit McD.I wonder if KFC in Patts can can match McD perfection?

Okay, so you wonder about KFC in "Patts".

But McDonalds is okay?

I'm baffled by this.

I know this because I used to have a visitor from Singapore who would only eat Halal and KFC was NOT on the list.

Here's the list :

http://www.halal.or....ailand 1[1].pdf

What is the list meant to represent? It indicates that there is only one halal restaurant in Narathiwat. Likewise in Satun. :clueless

Got to admit that I prefer MFC to KFC but the local KFCs do a roaring trade with the muslim population. I'll take a trip out later and find out exactly what the score is.

Edited by CheshireTom

Like Tom,I enjoy the Sizzler salad bar very much.

I don't think that McDonald's really qualifies as "food" what it is exactly I'm not sure, but its not food. I have eaten it once in the last 20 years or so, at 3am at some airport because I was starving and nothing else was open.It was just dreadful.

I was in the same situation a few years later but even though ravenous I did'nt buy McDonalds.

KFC in Thailand is marginal at best, 2nd rate chicken and an over abundance of the crumbs that cover it.However here in OZ , I have to say KFC is bordering on delicious.

Sizzler? Worse than McDonald, that salad bar they have was designed by a feminist terrorist I reckon.Its frightening. Pizzler is an absolute no no.

subway- I think its ok in thailand, passable.Again here in OZ I think its actually quite good and I have it occasionally.

To be honest I have lost faith in most of these big food chains, its not that cheap and the quality is rubbish.I would rather pay 2/3$ more and go to a noodle bar or cafe or suchlike.

LOS KFC is the BEST KFC there is IMHO

My first culinary stop in the PI is Jollibee's

A bonus for Jollibee's is if you really want to assure a GFE take your BG there. Just my humble opinion, but it has never failed me. :thumbup

KFC here in a First World country is good.Can't speak for it in Patts.Why would you eat at KFC in Patts anyway?

Err, because "someone" wanted to eat there. :blush:

What is the list meant to represent? It indicates that there is only one halal restaurant in Narathiwat. Likewise in Satun. :clueless

Got to admit that I prefer MFC to KFC but the local KFCs do a roaring trade with the muslim population. I'll take a trip out later and find out exactly what the score is.

Times and places other than LOS, I have listened to conversations suggesting there is halal, which has rather stringent requirements, and "Well, there was no pork."

Edited by nkped