Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I've stayed at the Penthouse twice in the past and tried different rooms and both times I seen numerous roaches. The last time I stayed there was in 2010. Has anyone stayed there lately? Do you know if they still have pest issues? I'll be there 14 March

They are possibly the descendants of the ones I encountered when I stayed there in 1999. We were paying 950 a night and I just stayed one night and moved into the Welcome Plaza at 600 a night. We then spent every trip at the WP for the next 4 years.

Love it numerous roaches on 2 visits & Booked again :clueless

Be Nice

Moby69

I haven't booked again. I'm trying to narrow it down with other choices. I'm just trying to see if others have seen roaches on their recent visits

I haven't stayed for over a year........But from 2001 to '07 I was spending a few days of every trip there. Some years I was managing 5 trips.

I saw about 3 roaches in all that time. Obviously a number acceptable to me because I kept coming back. However, I read about roaches at the Penthouse dozens of times. Didn't put me off.

I work out at the Royal Cliff....seen them there. Before it was Fairtex.....seen them there. I walked through The Dusit to get to the Thai Airways office. Saw one in a corridor there.

The Penthouse is one of a kind. I've had a lot of fun in the rooms. Girls that don't freak out give of their best .

I never figured out why but opinions tends to be polarized. I'm at the positive end. For me it's like 'The Brighton Pavilion', a tribute to one man's idiosyncratic view. A melange of the asiatic the exotic and the erotic. If Pattaya is the Disneyland of sex and fantasy then The Penthouse is HQ.

If it were ever to close I'd be sad and Pattaya would have lost something unique.

Cock-roaches however are not unique to any hotel you can get them anywhere.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

NOT based on recent experience staying there, but it is in my personal record book as by far the most roach-infested place I've ever stayed. I'd also read about some attention-getting bed-bug experiences, but didn't encounter them myself. Do they still have the live TV-monitoring of the go-go area with the ability to call a girl by number up to your room?

. Do they still have the live TV-monitoring of the go-go area with the ability to call a girl by number up to your room?

This is the most horrifying and cIinical form of prostitution I have heard of..

Imagine a girl being called to a room by herself, not knowing what sexual activities she is expected to provide...or to how many or ( dare I say it?) to what nationality.., knocks on the door and is faced with ME an old ugly fat bastard.........with bad eyesight so didn't see her on the TV screne properly and don't fancy her anyway....

Face to face in a bar is the only way...Hollywood has had its day!

I would agree except for the fact that the girls can walk at any time. They are not endentured slaves kept shackled in a cell when the bar closes. Any reasonably attractive girl can find work in any of dozens of BB's, gogo's and bars like Secrets or FLB. Money #1, it's a job.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll guess stuck. k is next to l on the keyboard :smile:

Yes that's right....late reply...there was a mattress stuck on my balcony despite repeated compaints to the staff to get it moved....but in saying that I might stay there again if my arm is twisted as it's pure decadence and right near the action

Edited by Grahamxxx

I really can't understand this over exaggerated fear of cockroaches. I've stayed ,(not lately) but often. Never a problem for me I always had a great time. Some of my happiest memories there.

Other things on my agenda............... I think it's a fucking great place.

Still everyone has their own opinion......maybe not for the delicate types.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really can't understand this over exaggerated fear of cockroaches. I've stayed ,(not lately) but often. Never a problem for me I always had a great time. Some of my happiest memories there.

One time I lived in an apartment in NYC (Greenwich Village). Me and about 200K cockroaches. We got along OK.

I sleep with my mouth open!