Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Reminder about this bloke. Don't trust.

You might remember the story from my 2nd trip report.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/59764-yobbos-second-trip/

Long story shot, he needed some cash, and I agreed to lend him some. He was going to pay me back that day.

Next day needed more cash, so I gave him some more, again to be paid back that day.

Then he vanished.

Before I lent him the first lot of cash he agreed to pose for a photo that I could splash all over the net if he ripped me off.

Well he ripped me off so here is his pic.

IMG_20121111_104045.jpg

I met him in the LK area. And from the thread a couple of other people also saw him around the LK area.

Someone also mentioned hearing someone of his description doing it to someone else.

I'm back in Pats in a couple of months for my 3rd trip. And while planning remembered what this dog did.

He told me his name was Kevin, but someone else said his name might be Nick.

I don't know if he is still hanging around or not, I guess it depends if he is still finding people to rip off.

I hope you didn't lend him too much. Every once in a while, I'll lend money to someone. I never really expect to see it again, but I do it anyway. I consider it charity.

Kudos to you for being so generous, I would not lend a guy I dont know money ... how much did he do you for ?

He provided a link... you can read how much there in his trip report.

I think this is the guy - a bad , in fact Super bad, guy

lex.jpg

I would suggest to others the pattern of lend him some then lend again and lend again is just three times more ridiculous than lending once. To someone you do not even know.

If this is not a total wind up with the aim to slag this guy who may have done nothing.

Edited by Grandpollo

I'm sure he is trustworthy and that he has every intention of paying you back. HOWEVER, better you than me. :cry2

The bloke must be a real scumbag - I lent someone a several hundred Baht on my first trip years ago, at least it wasn't much money, have wised up since.

There is another scammer who works around Soi Buakhao and Soi Diana area; has approached me 3 times in a year. He's probably in his 50's, grey short hair and a beard the last time. Accent, not sure. His opening is always, "Excuse, me, do you speak English", very original, just tell him to Fxxx off now. Be aware.

The bloke must be a real scumbag - I lent someone a several hundred Baht on my first trip years ago, at least it wasn't much money, have wised up since.

There is another scammer who works around Soi Buakhao and Soi Diana area; has approached me 3 times in a year. He's probably in his 50's, grey short hair and a beard the last time. Accent, not sure. His opening is always, "Excuse, me, do you speak English", very original, just tell him to Fxxx off now. Be aware.

I think I've encountered this guy, but it was further down toward Papagayo. He launched into the hard luck story, and I immediately waived him off and kept walking. He hollered "Thanks anyway" at my back. Definitely had an accent - german or dutch maybe? Awhile back - Dec '11? Memorable only because I've hardly ever had that happen in Pattaya.

I would suggest to others the pattern of lend him some then lend again and lend again is just three times more ridiculous than lending once. To someone you do not even know.

If this is not a total wind up with the aim to slag this guy who may have done nothing.

And there were only two lends not three. So it's only twice as ridiculous.

Nah believe me what he did to me is true enough. Have a read of the trip report. There are some scum in Pattaya and he is one of em.

It would rock of someone recognized him. Hell even get him to sign up so he can tell his side of the story. Would be interesting to find out

just how many other people he does it to.

BankDeposit_zps411a2fb5.jpg

Incase ya needed more proof, if my trip report isn't enough.

Edited by yobbo71

I think I've encountered this guy, but it was yyfurther down toward Papagayo. He launched into the hard luck story, and I immediately waived him off and kept walking. He hollered "Thanks anyway" at my back. Definitely had an accent - german or dutch maybe? Awhile back - Dec '11? Memorable only because I've hardly ever had that happen in Pattaya.

I ran into the same guy. I turned him down.

No no no, that one was offering YOU money. :D

Was he on the same cruise as you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This guy approached me in soi Buakhao too ,said bank a/c /atm card said zero . I carried on walking I said good luck with that.Saw him a few times after that , he tends to look people over before he approaches them to see if they are new in town ect,there is always gullible people in pattaya ready to be scammed !

New in town or right off the turnip wagon it should take some doing to part with $1,600 US to a doofus that looks like this guy regardless of reason. Tell them to call their consulate if they are so desperate. Or family.

Would people in their home town - London, New York, Toronto, Los Angeles pony up all this dough to this guy with no bona fides? If not why would they suddenly do it in Pattaya?

I smell some kind of for profit deal that went sour here. The posting just rehashes what was posted in 2012 and I'd hope most people would not need a lot of teaching to the tune of the money involved. With or without the picture I am comfortable this dude would have earned nil from me.

New in town or right off the turnip wagon it should take some doing to part with $1,600 US to a doofus that looks like this guy regardless of reason. Tell them to call their consulate if they are so desperate. Or family.

Would people in their home town - London, New York, Toronto, Los Angeles pony up all this dough to this guy with no bona fides? If not why would they suddenly do it in Pattaya?

I smell some kind of for profit deal that went sour here. The posting just rehashes what was posted in 2012 and I'd hope most people would not need a lot of teaching to the tune of the money involved. With or without the picture I am comfortable this dude would have earned nil from me.

Are you really that stupid?

Guys...the OP made some bad decisions...he has acknowledged that.several times.

For you to arrogantly rub it in is just pointless and a bit fucking rude. He shared his story with us, and I am glad he did. If you never want to hear about anyone making a mistake again, keep it up with the snide comments and you'll get your wish.

• Upvote 4

And there were only two lends not three. So it's only twice as ridiculous.

Incase ya needed more proof, if my trip report isn't enough.

Am I missing something? What's the connection between the geezer in the photos and (the presumably Thai bird) Siriwan who was the happy recipient of 30k+ Baht? :clueless

Edited by CheshireTom

Am I missing something? What's the connection between the geezer in the photos and (the presumably Thai bird) Siriwan who was the happy recipient of 30k+ Baht? :clueless

As I recall, that was explained in the TR. The OP found that odd as well, but the scammer had a "plausible" explanation.

As I recall, that was explained in the TR. The OP found that odd as well, but the scammer had a "plausible" explanation.

I've just had a quick look ... the plausible explanation was that Siriwan was some other guy. In my experience, all the Siriwans that I've met have been girls. It's a bit like saying that your TG is called Somchai. :ninja:

Edited by CheshireTom

I've just had a quick look ... the plausible explanation was that Siriwan was some other guy. In my experience, all the Siriwans that I've met have been girls. It's a bit like saying that your TG is called Somchai. :ninja:

Yeah, okay..it was another missed red flag.

A fool and his money are soon parted. This really surprised me about Pattaya because I didn't think dishonest people like that went there.

Edited by Siam Sam