Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Reminder about this bloke. Don't trust.

The siriwan was the agent he was using to process his visa purse/wallet. He couldn't do it himself. He had a better way of explaining it. And I just listened. I thought he was genuinely in trouble.

The whole he can't let his GF find out why he is short of cash. Crying on the phone. He put on quite a good act. Never again.

Are you really that stupid?

I have on a couple of occasions in my life been caught up in scams. Its like auction fever where you are caught up in the moment and the people doing the scamming seem to have a natural talent for it. What is galling afterwards is that in some cases you have genuinely befriended these people, taken them into your home and introduced them to your wife and family. Over my life I have seen some totally amazing skills developed by poor or desparate people and this is just another example and perhaps the correct response might be "There by the grace of God go I"

• Upvote 1

I have on a couple of occasions in my life been caught up in scams. Its like auction fever where you are caught up in the moment and the people doing the scamming seem to have a natural talent for it. What is galling afterwards is that in some cases you have genuinely befriended these people, taken them into your home and introduced them to your wife and family. Over my life I have seen some totally amazing skills developed by poor or desparate people and this is just another example and perhaps the correct response might be "There by the grace of God go I"

Yep. If they are good, they are very good.

Why don't some people understand that some of us are happy to be generous with what we give our ladies so called LDOPs.By the same token we are more ready to trust people and lend money because its not going to be catastrophic if we lose it.Having said that Yobbo was pretty naive but that may because he is not very streetwise,but he did what he did for all the right reasons.

Slightly off topic, i sat on the beach today and the Jet Ski Scam is alive and well. I saw a group of Russians get turned over for a large sum of cash even though they called the police.

Are you really that stupid?

If you're so clever why did you not warn him not to make the loan in the first place.

The man made an error of judgement, admits it and has the balls to say so just in case this trickster tries it on with anyone else who may read this forum. He knows he was daft to be taken in and so do the rest of us so making smart arsed comments like yours serves no purpose whatsoever other than to display your ignorance. Most people including yourself have probablybeen taken for a ride at some time in their lives and in this instance the OP is describing how he was.

• Upvote 4

Not everyone is a crotchety cynical old fart like me and several others on here. Some guys are generous and compassionate. That's fine and it must make them feel good. Usually it's not a lot of money and really there is no harm done. As for myself, I resent being taken for a ride and at this point in my life it is not likely to happen even if they are deserving of some help.

• Upvote 1