Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Soi 1 & Soi 2, Any Construction work & Payment?

Teelack! As always, many thanks for the information.

I'm in town at the weekend and will post any useful info I pick up.

May report on other things I pick up too.

DrPat,

How did your weekend go, anything to report? Did you get a "traditional swipe" or pay up front? Any noise or other issues?

I'll be there in 5 days :bhappy

Regards,

I'm still here in Sabai Wing - just back from the excellent Ban Chang bar crawl (full report to follow).

I handed over my ctedit card on arrival, but made it clear that I wanted to pay at the end of my stay - no problem

There is still some construction noise, but nothing too bad, and I'm a light sleeper.

Baht busses still running on Soi 2, but maybe not quite as many as in past years.

Overall, I would say no problem.

If you have half as good a time as me, then I've had twice as good a time as you.

Sorry, just got back to base camp from the GoGos and bars. I leave on Sunday 5.

Any more info required?

Edited by DrPat
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Checked in today. The very pleasant guy behind the reception claimed to remember me well.

Then asked me if I wanted to pay now or later!!!!! I said later. He say ok. I asked him to confirm that the room he offered me had infact got a bath, he checked said yes. First time in last 5 trips.

A five star start.

Regards,

Hi, Checked in today. The very pleasant guy behind the reception claimed to remember me well....

Python!

This sounds slightly worrying!

I always go for the 'deluxe pool view room' - I think they all have baths.

I forgot to say that there was no mention of any deposit being payable on arrival and I just paid in full at check-out.

Hope you have a good stay and, remember my prescription, 'plenty of fluids'!

Dr.P.

PS This may fall into the 'too much information category', but in my room the bed was well and truly tried and tested, so I suggested they give it a holiday to recover.

DrPat,

I am in a deluxe pool view in Sabai Wing and I am certain that not all the rooms have baths, I asked before to change rooms once I was shown a room with shower only.

Then again, maybe you are correct and all now have baths?

Regards,

Python!

Me being correct is virtually unheard of.

Come to think of it, although I have stayed at Sabai Wing a number of times I have only had two different rooms, one on each side - or should it be 'wing'?. I usually request these by number, adding whichever is currently on the 'quiet' side. I just assumed, probably incorrectly, that all of the deluxe pool view rooms came with a bath.

Whenever I make a booking, I still specify 'with a bath and air-con' just in case.

OK, soon be time to use that bath and hit the town. Don't forget those fluids - and I don't mean the fluids in the bath.

Dr.P.

PS Sadly I fly out in the early hours of Tuesday, so I'm just heading out for 'one last one' in Soi Cowboy here in BKK.

• Upvote 1

When I stay in Sabai Wing, I always book the corner rooms (the ones on the end of the wing). They are a little larger and all have a bath.

Good point. When you have found a room that you like why not keep booking it. I have had the same room for about two years and book it as I leave. I do always confirm a couple of weeks ago before the trip and of course if I see something better then I can book it and cancel my other booking. This seems to me to be a good way to handle things. I am used to the hotel and they are used to me and this can pay dividends when you screw up!