Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Forum Rules updated...added #19

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You shut the fuck up nonce.   I call for him to ban Gabor for his abusive insults to lots of BMs and i will happily punch him for insulting my wife.   If you are such a popular person, why do you

If MM would just ban Gabor for life there would be no need to amend/make any rules

If you start the debate about the " out of context'...leads nowhere.... than if you report a KFC chicken leg I may moan...( both of our debates roots to the secretologists...)   When i sent my bes

Posted Images

When posting in any section of the forum, name calling or attacks of anyones family members will not be tolerated. Anyone doing this WILL be banned for life

The forum rules at http://www.pattayatalk.com/forum_rules.html have been updated to add rule 19.

I'd also like to add a rule about using family or loved ones to attack other posters. Any suggestions how it would be written?

I don't see a need for it. Regardless of what method a person uses to attack another, they are still attacking another.

The forum rules at http://www.pattayatalk.com/forum_rules.html have been updated to add rule 19.

I'd also like to add a rule about using family or loved ones to attack other posters. Any suggestions how it would be written?

Simplest is usually best when it comes to rules: Insults and derogatory comments about the real-life family or loved ones of a board member are strictly forbidden.

But if you feel it's necessary to be more explicit, perhaps you could add: There is never any valid reason for drawing real-life family members or loved ones into an Internet squabble. The civil status (i.e., single; married; divorced; long-term relationship, etc.) of a board member is irrelevant and may not be used in an attempt to discredit his opinions.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Joking, right?

I believe short is referring to the fact that a rule already exists forbidding personal attacks:

6. Posts attacking individuals are not permitted. You may disagree with anyone's opinion but not bag the individual. I disagree with what you say, is fine. You are a moron, is not.

I interpreted short's post as meaning no additional rule was needed as attacks on family members are forbidden by rule 6. Any member who insulted or attacked a BM's family could be warned or banned under that rule.

But I also believe MM wants to emphasize that an attack on a real-life family member is a particularly grievous violation of board rules.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 3

Not that I approve of the family attacks in any way for any reason, but 'seems like Rule #6 is ignored whenever the temperature gets high enough anyway. What's the point of new rules? If anything, I'd just "update"/"extend" Rule #6. I understand the desire to emphasize this particular breach, but the more rules there are, the more widely transgressed they're apt to be I think. IMO it's not the specificity or severity or reach of the rule that counts as much as the demonstrated willingness of the moderator to actually suspend violators, no questions asked. I believe MM would already be within his rights to be doing this now when the family line is crossed (citing Rule #6 AND/OR Rule #2, if he really needs to be citing rules at all...).

Edited by tomcat76
  • Upvote 1

All most every guy and I include myself whose made a post in this topic has engaged in attacking other board members.

All most every guy and I include myself whose made a post in this topic has engaged in attacking other board members.

Well said D. It illustrates Martin's benevolence quite eloquently. :thumbup

I believe short is referring to the fact that a rule already exists forbidding personal attacks:

6. Posts attacking individuals are not permitted. You may disagree with anyone's opinion but not bag the individual. I disagree with what you say, is fine. You are a moron, is not.

I interpreted short's post as meaning no additional rule was needed as attacks on family members are forbidden by rule 6. Any member who insulted or attacked a BM's family could be warned or banned under that rule.

But I also believe MM wants to emphasize that an attack on a real-life family member is a particularly grievous violation of board rules.

Evil

I would modify rule 6 to the following then:

"Posts attacking individuals are not permitted. You may disagree with anyone's opinion but not bag the individual. I disagree with what you say, is fine. You are a moron, is not. An attack on a real-life family member is a particularly grievous offense."

It depends how you define the word "attack." There's a fair amount of snide remarks on this and every other board, and some exchanges get out of hand, but they seldom amount to personal attacks.

There's no doubt, though, that insults and derogatory remarks about a BM's real-life family are personal attacks.

Well said D. It illustrates Martin's benevolence quite eloquently. :thumbup

It's a bit like cops who'll seldom intervene if a motorist is going a few miles over the speed limit but it becomes a felony stop if the motorist is 40-50 miles mph above the limit.

I believe MM is serving notice that attacks on family members are in the felony-stop category.

Evil

• Upvote 1

I don't see a need for it. Regardless of what method a person uses to attack another, they are still attacking another.

Quite agree.... just some questions arise....

Is it an insult or not to write : My best regards to your wife ?

Is it an insult or not to write : Ex bargirl wife ? ( of course if it was the truth )

As the other insults.... every person has a personal tolerance level... I do have no any problems if someone call me a sad loser or a cretin, whilst some others sulk if someone write: silly... What next ? A list of the prohibited words ?

:lsmile

m-and-m-red-propaganda-poster.jpg

• Downvote 2

To me it is quite clear. You are being insulted directly whereas you are insulting somebody else other than the target by calling them a whore..a chicken's way out in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

To me it is quite clear. You are being insulted directly whereas you are insulting somebody else other than the target by calling them a whore..a chicken's way out in my opinion.

Well said.

Note MM's original proposition "using family or loved ones to attack other posters."

Is it an insult or not to write : Ex bargirl wife ? ( of course if it was the truth )

As the other insults.... every person has a personal tolerance level... I do have no any problems if someone call me a sad loser or a cretin, whilst some others sulk if someone write: silly... What next ? A list of the prohibited words ?

Why in the world do you want to bring somebody's wife into a discussion where there had been no mention of her, other than to try to intentionally provoke that person? Insult does not take in everything that is inappropriate and objectionable.

• Upvote 1

Note MM's original proposition "using family or loved ones to attack other posters."

Why in the world do you want to bring somebody's wife into a discussion where there had been no mention of her, other than to try to intentionally provoke that person? Insult does not take in everything that is inappropriate and objectionable.

IMO... no any insults... just to show the background of the posters ( they shared voluntarily on the board ) .... just like some of us are two week millionaries, some of us a wealthy mongering expat, some of us a cheap charlie expat, some of us a newbie, some of us a barowner / manager.... and some of us married guys,some with the so called " normal girls ' some of them with an ex bar girl... some of us married guys spending next to nothing times in Pattaya....not even mongering.... nothing wrong with any of these options,.. just to know from where the wind of the wisdom blows...

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Your taking things out of context is an insult to all the boardmembers who have seen your dirty remarks and again, most of the heavy ones were deleted shortly after you posted them for very good reasons.

Let me reverse the question: Is that ALL you have said about my wife? Sending best regards? And calling her "my whore wife" (sic)??? Answer me with yes or no only and stop this pathetic bargaining about your "innocent" remarks.

You know it as well as everybody else who have read your distasteful remarks that they were vicious, deliberate insults to attack me THROUGH MY FAMILY - with the full knowledge that it is the lowest form of insult - because that was the only way to get a reaction out of me. So stop bringing this shit up over and over again and be happy that there is still one board that tolerates you.

• Upvote 3

Your taking things out of context is an insult to all the boardmembers who have seen your dirty remarks and again, most of the heavy ones were deleted shortly after you posted them for very good reasons.

Let me reverse the question: Is that ALL you have said about my wife? Sending best regards? And calling her "my whore wife" (sic)??? Answer me with yes or no only and stop this pathetic bargaining about your "innocent" remarks.

You know it as well as everybody else who have read your distasteful remarks that they were vicious, deliberate insults to attack me THROUGH MY FAMILY - with the full knowledge that it is the lowest form of insult - because that was the only way to get a reaction out of me. So stop bringing this shit up over and over again and be happy that there is still one board that tolerates you.

If you start the debate about the " out of context'...leads nowhere.... than if you report a KFC chicken leg I may moan...( both of our debates roots to the secretologists...)

When i sent my best regards it was received as a deep insult on the secretologists.... I never ever called your wife a whore....just an ex whore... isn't it the truth ? And I always added... I have no any problems with it.... once the KFC girl robbed my heart, who was the same ex whore, just like your wife... ...and I see nothing wrong in this... it seems YOU have problems with your girl's backround... I never had... I was proud of her including her background... and I never tried the hypocrite lame try " save my family " moans when you and your comrades tried to eat me alive on the secretologists...calling her much worst, than an ex whore...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

If you start the debate about the " out of context'...leads nowhere.... than if you report a KFC chicken leg I may moan...( both of our debates roots to the secretologists...)

When i sent my best regards it was received as a deep insult on the secretologists.... I never ever called your wife a whore....just an ex whore... isn't it the truth ? And I always added... I have no any problems with it.... once the KFC girl robbed my heart, who was the same ex whore, just like your wife... ...and I see nothing wrong in this... it seems YOU have problems with your girl's backround... I never had... I was proud of her including her background... and I never tried the hypocrite lame try " save my family " moans when you and your comrades tried to eat me alive on the secretologists...calling her much worst, than an ex whore...

This conversation is a total waste of broadband. For the record, I've never said a word about the girl you fell in love with but it is quite interesting how sensitive you are when someone targets you and how thick skinned you become when you are attacking others. That's called double standard, Mr. Snow white...

BTW, you surely remember just a little while ago you called my wife the girl with "elephant legs" in a thread where you lifted pics from my TR (which in fact stopped me to continue that particular thread), I am sure that was meant as a compliment from your part, is that right, Gabor?

I would be tempted to put up a few pics of my wife's legs for the BM-s here to judge but will not sink down to your level, on the other hand knowing you God only knows where those pics would end up if you lay a hand on them. Get a life, Gabor.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question. If you call someone "a loser' or "a cretin" and that person in in fact a loser and/or a cretin is this an insult or is it telling the truth? :clueless

Most derogatory remarks have some amount of truth in them ,

that does not make them less offensive , and the perpetrator should not be surprised if they get a unwellcome response ,

A simple rule of thumb ,is would you make the snide remark face to face ,

Joe ,

• Upvote 2

Most derogatory remarks have some amount of truth in them ,

that does not make them less offensive , and the perpetrator should not be surprised if they get a unwellcome response ,

A simple rule of thumb ,is would you make the snide remark face to face ,

Joe ,

Well said! And the answer is "no fucking way".

• Upvote 1