Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Yes, indeed, as you know very well!

I phrased it not to be confrontational with Mr Volatile...... but of course we now know that is is quite possible for over 49% to be non-Thai owned.

Were you laying a trap for him? He's cagier than to fall into that one :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So how many Russians are basking in heat at home right now??     .....and how many bars play predominantly English language music and how many restuarents supply "English/Western"? food?   ...how

The entire condo block could be rented out. There is no guarantee of who will be there today or tomorrow.   I would not trust an Estate Agent as far as I could throw him.   Are you in Pattaya look

Well funny you should ask, I think I'm lucky.....In the condo on my left, a little Hungarian chap named Gabor has just moved in. And on my right is a bloke calls himself Bigmick. My neighbour opposite

but of course we now know that is is quite possible for over 49% to be non-Thai owned.

Of course ??

At Pattaya, AFAIK, it's only possible at Centre Condo who has a 90% (or 95%?) non-Thai ratio.

Papillon's message is out of subject; You can have "at least 51% will be Thai owned" but have 99% of your neighbours been farangs ;)

Were you laying a trap for him? He's cagier than to fall into that one :P

Not really, I just didn't want to bluntly point out how invalid his point was.

Idefix is saying 'out of subject' but Pappy was responding to a post regarding ownership.

I know some who have put their ownership of a condo into a company name, and when I discussed it with the office that administers for me, was told they had a lot of business setting up companies for Russians. I am quite sure the 49% rule has been well breached outside of the Centre Condo, but Shhhh, nobody is supposed to know. :D

Edited by jacko

...and have you stopped to browse the menu prices lately?? I used to love the Red Ant but it has plunged downhill over the past few years with quality and service whilst prices have increased..

I used to be able to go there and not get charged corkage for my BYO wine purely because of the money I spent in there..It used to be family run with a convivial atmosphere...even the "scary" ladyboy was fun to chat and drink with...except when she crossed her legs wearing that short red skirt...... :uh-uh:

I was in Red Ant last night and while the price is a bit high, the quality and quantity was superb, no sign of any lady boy :ninja: It was packed (with Russians) and still packed at 2am when i drove past taking my mate back to his hotel.

Back on topic. There is a development in Jomtien called Seven Seas, owned by a bunch of Indians, 3000 units and over 800 sold already in less than 4 months. Its not Thais who have bought them, Its mostly Russians and Indians, they have just announced another development of high rises (slums) that they will build close by to the first one. All of the units sold in the first project are being sold with company formation included in the price. Very small units about 28 Square meters full furniture 1 Million baht. These type of developments are similar to the View Talays, just creating slums. No one will pay management fees and after a short time, they will fall apart.

I live in a rented detached house both my nabours are Thai ,no issue with them

In fact one helped me the other day ,my ground storage water tank over flowed ,due to ball valve u/s

My Thai nabour fitted a valve for me ,I paid for new valve but he would not take any money for fitting it.

I could not do my self as now i have very poor eye sight.

The man direct across from my house is from UK ,very nice man who is retired same as me ,also he sells great meat pies and beef burgers ,also he gets good bacon and sausages from Pattaya in which I buy from him

I was told that Wong Amat is predominantly Russians by someone who lives that way.

I think ALL of Pattaya is predominately Russian now, expecially Jomtien where i live. There will be fewer and fewer Brits, and Eurpopeans, over time.

Finishing up three months in View Talay 2A now (yeah, there goes my reputation), and the most notable thing about the demographic of the residents is the number of senior citizen couples. Makes for some scary sights at the pool but sure cuts down on the loud partying.

Finishing up three months in View Talay 2A now (yeah, there goes my reputation), and the most notable thing about the demographic of the residents is the number of senior citizen couples. Makes for some scary sights at the pool but sure cuts down on the loud partying.

Give me that any day over a group of young ones from India or the Middle East!

As is (reportedly) Centara Resort and the Pullman, both very upscale hotels.

I work out at Centara and it is definitely predominately Russian except on Thai holidays when it is predominately Thai.

Jack

I phrased it not to be confrontational with Mr Volatile...... but of course we now know that is is quite possible for over 49% to be non-Thai owned.

Yes, but he knows everything better than we do. He stayed at a guesthouse here a few times.

Jack

Well funny you should ask, I think I'm lucky.....In the condo on my left, a little Hungarian chap named Gabor has just moved in. And on my right is a bloke calls himself Bigmick. My neighbour opposite is a guy who always seems to have a camera in his hand. He's got a really lovely wife and family, his name's Patna. Anyway, I'm inviting them all in for a drink tonight......I think they'll get on well.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Give me that any day over a group of young ones from India or the Middle East!

Today, the Rose Apple massage, of all places, had two or three couples from the Middle East in for foot massages. The staff wasn't that happy afterwards. Don't think there weren't any tips.

Papillon's message is out of subject; You can have "at least 51% will be Thai owned" but have 99% of your neighbours been farangs ;)

Did you not see the post I quoted ? He was asking for a breakdown on Nationality of Owners. Not who is renting or how many that think they are Owners by forming a Mickey Mouse Company.

Try and keep up.

Can't some of those be owned by a Thai company?

Yes they could all be. That would make them Thai owned. :frustrated1:

but of course we now know that is is quite possible for over 49% to be non-Thai owned.

How do you work that out if 51% have to be Thai owned?

Edited by papillon

What happens to the properties held by these Thai nominees when the farang "owner" pegs it?

Edited by CheshireTom

What happens to the properties held by these Thai nominees when the farang "owner" pegs it?

Jaxxxon55 will know. He's an expert.

I would think it could get quite messy what with the Thai Nominees being the majority shareholders.

Best wait and see what Jack says.

• Downvote 1

Its OK lads... I have decided to buy a caravan at Skegness. Only joking - would the estate agent show me any relaible documentation that would tell me the percentage of occupancy? Is it realy going to be a case of taking pot luck in buying a place in the centre of Moscow or in the middle of Mumbai?

Its OK lads... I have decided to buy a caravan at Skegness. Only joking - would the estate agent show me any relaible documentation that would tell me the percentage of occupancy? Is it realy going to be a case of taking pot luck in buying a place in the centre of Moscow or in the middle of Mumbai?

The entire condo block could be rented out. There is no guarantee of who will be there today or tomorrow.

I would not trust an Estate Agent as far as I could throw him.

Are you in Pattaya looking or just working online?

You need to be there and see for yourself but that's only good for the day you're there, everything is subject to change.

Renting is far less hassle imho, failing that a 300 Baht Guesthouse.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A Thai company is not always 'owned' by Thais, it is a company located in Thailand.

The MD, who has control, can be of other nationality.

He can sell the company on, and he receives the money.

As mentioned, I have friends who own condos in a company name, and they don't have 51% Thais living in their studio too.

We can argue semantics of course as many claim it is an illegal arrangement.... as is a 30 year lease on land.

Edited by jacko

A Thai company is not always 'owned' by Thais, it is a company located in Thailand.

The MD, who has control, can be of other nationality.

He can sell the company on, and he receives the money.

As mentioned, I have friends who own condos in a company name, and they don't have 51% Thais living in their studio too.

We can argue semantics of course as many claim it is an illegal arrangement.... as is a 30 year lease on land.

Bollox. A Thai Company has to have majority Thai shareholders.

Who the fuck is the 'MD' ? The 'MD' is the dodgy Thai Solicitor. The 'Secretary' is some anonymous Slapper from Beach Road, LOL.

The 'Company' might be funded by Falangs but it's ALWAYS owned by Thais.

Go ahead and buy and sell (plenty Falangs do) but don't ever be under the illusion that you are the 'MD' and that you are in control. You are never the Owner throughout the entire process.

Bollox. A Thai Company has to have majority Thai shareholders.

Who the fuck is the 'MD' ? The 'MD' is the dodgy Thai Solicitor. The 'Secretary' is some anonymous Slapper from Beach Road, LOL.

The 'Company' might be funded by Falangs but it's ALWAYS owned by Thais.

Go ahead and buy and sell (plenty Falangs do) but don't ever be under the illusion that you are the 'MD' and that you are in control. You are never the Owner throughout the entire process.

I see you have been on the booze or exotic substances.

If I wish to sell my company tomorrow, I am the only signatory required.

I would receive the money minus lawyer fees.

The other shareholders have already signed over their holdings.

I alone will be signing the annual accounts shortly, and paying the taxes.

If I do sell, and take the money, what else is there to worry about?

I can have the illusion of living comfortably, unlike you, bitter, twisted and envious trying to rain on another's parade from your bedsit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see you have been on the booze or exotic substances.

If I wish to sell my company tomorrow, I am the only signatory required.

I would receive the money minus lawyer fees.

The other shareholders have already signed over their holdings.

I alone will be signing the annual accounts shortly, and paying the taxes.

I can have the illusion of living comfortably, unlike you, bitter, twisted and envious trying to rain on another's parade from your bedsit.

I'll have to get back to you in the morning. Need to ponce 50p for the gas meter.

Actually, I just wanted to quote your post so that you don't edit it while I'm gone.

I'll have to get back to you in the morning. Need to ponce 50p for the gas meter.

Actually, I just wanted to quote your post so that you don't edit it while I'm gone.

Don't rush..... take your time, make some tea on that solitary gas ring as the cold wind buffets the peeling sash.

Climb under that stained quilt, position the Kleenex box, watch your rancid breath condense in the cold as you reach for the switch on the 40 watt bulb.

Put your head under the covers to warm the bed with your breath, consider yet again it is time the bedding was washed.

I shall go swim in my pool before it gets too hot.

• Upvote 2

Whether or not it's your name on the land ownership documents/title deeds would be the obvious place to start. Anything else that's set-up to circumvent that ownership is just padding. It's not exactly a state secret.

Edited by CheshireTom