Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Saigon Bistro at Central Festival Mall - Updated 2014

I've had some very good meals recently at the Saigon Bistro on the sixth floor of Central Festival Mall on 2nd Road near Pattaya Klang. Prices are reasonable, portions are large, service is attentive and most importantly of all, the food tastes great!

orig_post_6753_1184160229_2.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

We ordered the appetizer combi plate and the warm beef salad, plus I had pho dac biet (rice noodle soup with beef brisket, beef balls and slices of rare beef) and my companion had a shrimp wrap dish.

The total cost was 890 baht, which included the four dishes, two SMLs for me and a large Coke for her. We couldn't finish all the food and had three "packages" to take home for a later snack.

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

Evil
:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 3

Isn't that where all the prices are the same? Or they end in 48 or something? Been there with 'The Boss' a few times and those breasts look like hers.......

Also the house wine wasn't bad.

Isn't that where all the prices are the same? Or they end in 48 or something?

Many of the items in the same category have the same price. I believe the price of every menu item ends in "8" as it is a lucky number.

Evil

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the review, walked past there last holidays and wondered what the food was like.

Definately will give it a go next time.

The restaurant or the breasts?

Better not be the 'Thai Dumplings' you're after......

Remember Evil's.....'Nemo me impune lacessit'!

Edited by atlas2

I've had some very good meals recently at the Saigon Bistro on the sixth floor of Central Festival Mall on 2nd Road near Pattaya Klang. Prices are reasonable, portions are large, service is attentive and most importantly of all, the food tastes great!

Evil

What food?

Better not be the 'Thai Dumplings' you're after......

Remeber Evil's.....'Nemo me impune lacessit'!

Nah, she and I don't have any sort of arrangement, other than to have fun every time we see each other.

Mine too if Evil will give me her name. 5555

Happy to oblige, but I have warn you she's an agency coyote, formerly at WhatsUp and Sapphire, now at Sensations.

Both would be a fine meal!

Sent from the buggy Tapatalk app for Android.

Actually, I owe you a thanks. I met her the first time on an FLB crawl back in October. She's been into FLB with me several times since.

Evil

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...

Time for an update to the Saigon Bistro review. I ate there twice last week in the company of the same young lady as in the first review. There weren't many customers on the first visit of the new year.

IMG_6978.jpg

IMG_6979.jpg

There's some soup with spare ribs and chinese spice that's lovely.........Can't remember the Vietnamese name.

That's what I had as my main dish in the initial outing for 2014. I can't remember the Vietnamese name, either, except for "pho". It was indeed delicious.

IMG_6971.jpg

Bow and I make a point of trying each other's food when we order separate dishes and she really liked the boiled spareribs. She wished she'd ordered it instead of her pho, which was certainly good:

IMG_6970.jpg

She also ordered shrimp and appetizers that we shared. The appetizers are rolled up in lettuce leaves, with herbs, veggies and noodles added.

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6974.jpg

My communal choice was minced pork wrapped in a thin rice crepe and topped with Vietnamese sausage.

IMG_6975.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg IMG_7055.jpg

Two days later we went back so she could have the sparerib soup, which she ate with gusto. A friend of hers kept us company.

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

This was her friend's pho:

IMG_7045.jpg

And mine (barbecued pork):

IMG_7049.jpg

The communal dishes: pork appetizers, shrimp again and a fried crab dish.

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

I ordered a Vietnamese-style crepe filled with pork and vegetables, with a sauce on the side. The crepe was airy and tissue-paper thin.

IMG_7050.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

Bottom line: still good Vietnamese food at a reasonable price (both meals around 1,000 baht without drinks. Add the drinks (two beers for me, water and a Coke for her and it was about 1,200 baht.

Evil

I've been there 4 times….3X with the 'Boss' and once with my son who also loved it.

I was hoping you had more pictures of your' GF………We didn't see her face last time.

I've been there 4 times….3X with the 'Boss' and once with my son who also loved it.

I was hoping you had more pictures of your' GF………We didn't see her face last time.

I'll post some pics of her in a different thread; I'm planning to do a report on a recent trip with her to Chiang Rai. Also some pics of her in the Oriental Residence thread. And pics of her in the various "donation visit" threads.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil