Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

North Pattaya hotel reccomendations please.

Returned last week from my first trip having done a package deal.Paid for 7 nights in the Dusit and recieved 7 nights free,which in theory is a good deal but unfortunately got stung by a 1000baht guest fee for my lady friends...OUCH...still hurts now. Starting to plan for my next tour of duty. My requirements are.....

1.Location.North Pattaya

2.No guest fee

3.Nice Pool and facilities...non shit hole

4.In room safety deposit box

5.Price 1000ish a night

Noticed a couple of nice places whilst there,Woodlands Resort,Mark-Land with the smart elevator and a place on the corner of Soi 3 Beach Rd in the shape of a boat didnt get the name of that place.

As ever all reccomendations and info greatly recieved.

PS.Not the Sabai Lodge,a friend of mine was staying there and the place to me seemed in severe need of freshning up,or was i just being spoilt at the Dusit...Ka Ching...Ouch!!!

Gracias

Juan...

The Mark-Land fits your criteria except for in room safe.  The safe at the front desk is fine.  The quality of the hotel for the price is good and guests are no problem.  Don't go near the Royal Cruise, the one shaped like the ship.  Full of bus tour groups and not guest friendly.

The Sunshine Vista Apartments on Soi 3 near 2nd Rd is around 1 year old and fits your requirement except for the in room safe.  2 more hotels are near completion on Soi 4, when is your next trip.

Emil

Peace Resort

I got met by the taxi but never again mainly because of the long hassle to get out of the parking area then having to pay the parking fee.

For the bungalow paid 450B in low season.

The hotel rooms proper are much better but whereas the bungalows have digitel safes the rooms have key safes for wich you pay a 1500B deposit that is returned on your departure.No problem as far as I was concerned.

As my esteemed webmate jimmac wrote, the Mark-Land is a good place to stay. It fits all your requirements except for the in room safe. I have never had a problem with using their safe deposit boxes in the lobby.

The Mark-Land has:

1) Nice swimming pool with a beautiful view of Pattaya Bay.

2) Nice size rooms.

3) Very Clean.

4) Nice size bathroom with tub.

5) Good air conditioning.

6) Nice restaurant on the 27th floor with a killer view of Pattaya from North to South.

7) Quiet.

8) No Guest Fees.

9) Exercise room.

10) Friendly Staff.

11) Near Big C, beer bars, GoGo's, Restaurants.

12) Almost on the beach.

13) Each room has a balcony with a view of Pattaya Bay.

14) A glass elevator which a number of the lovely ladies have never ridden in. They love it.

15) It seems like they get quite a few channels on the tv.

These are some of the reasons I like staying at the Mark-Land for a month.

ajweiss1@hotmail.com

Wow things have changed at the Dusit!! My first trip was back in 1998 and i got the same stay 7 nights with 7 more for free deal. There was no joiner fee then though.

KC