Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

That's in line with the rates at all the other booths. Haven't seen anywhere else higher than about 53.3.

I reckon they made a mistake. I wonder how many people were lucky enough to cash in before they realized ? :llaugh

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lose lose at the moment……..Industry is scared of Labour getting it's hands on the country's credit cards and the Conservatives holding a referendum that walks us out of Europe. This quarter's output w

I think someone posted this before but if you are changing money in the airport Kasikorn in the basement (next to the skytrain entrance) is the best rate, all other booths offered 43.41 today yet Kasi

Looks like the £ to THB is back down to the late 46's. Odd because the sterling has been strong lately. Anyone know what and where the best rates are in town at the moment?.   woot! my 1000th post.

Posted Images

As I said 2 baht higher than anywhere else. I wonder how long it stayed up.

I knew someone would come along and upset me. :D

I would expect TT or similar to beat the 53 rate I got from the bank, but 55.3 looks like an error!

I knew someone would come along and upset me. :D

I would expect TT or similar to beat the 53 rate I got from the bank, but 55.3 looks like an error!

Maybe a case of numerical dyslexia

Let's have a little guessing - opinion game. What do you think will be the high for the US dollar between now and 1 year from now (July 22,2016)? My guess is 36 baht to 1 dollar.

That is a tough one with all the constant changes

Let's have a little guessing - opinion game. What do you think will be the high for the US dollar between now and 1 year from now (July 22,2016)? My guess is 36 baht to 1 dollar.

With Interest Rates on the horizon for the US and UK, or at least the perception of it, should see them get more stronger than the Baht, that coupled with things not to great in Thailand.

I don't think the rates in UK will rise this year, when they do next year if they do, I think it will be low..The days of 5% I feel are gone for a long time, rates all over the world are low.

As to Thailand , who knows they may devalue etc etc...

With Interest Rates on the horizon for the US and UK, or at least the perception of it, should see them get more stronger than the Baht, that coupled with things not to great in Thailand.

I'm sure there is conventional wisdom on the relationship between interest rates and a currency's value, but is that it? Usually, a central bank raises interest rates to restrain inflation. An anti inflation measure might be taken as a sign the currency will remain strong. On the other hand, the threat of inflation may push the value of a currency down.

Might depend on when the next General Election is held in Thailand

2017 was mentioned somewhere I was reading recently.

It might well be that UK interest rates don't move until then anyhow.

A lot of pressure from 'industry' to keep them down.

Edited by jacko

Anyone who could accurately predict these kinds of moves could be a billionaire in no time. The world is a complicated place. Big moves are underway. China seems to be in trouble and has been selling US treasuries. They've also been buying gold. Japan has been printing lots of Yen. Europe has its own set of problems. In the US, the Fed would like to raise interest rates sometime soon, but probably won't for a variety of reasons. And the dollar, for what it's worth, seems to be a safe haven of sorts.

My guess on the dollar high for the next year? 40.

Boss banker at Bank of England stated this weekend, that interest rates are to rise in UK to about 2% from current 0.5%, by the end of this year. That will prompt a rise in exchange rate, that statement alone tickled the rate up a smidgeon.

I was sat in the Bangkok Bank today, rather longer than I wanted to be but a complicated request from me and 2 mistakes from them forced it.

It gave me time to look at the exchange rates, which tell me I would have got 3000 baht more had I waited a few days to send my money over. Enough for a BB LT or a GGB ST, o-well! It wasn't too bad, there is some dandy eye-candy in there, and it is nice and cool, about the same temperature as a Walking Street GGB beer! Cooler still than some!The apologetic young lady was pretty, and polite, and spoke well. But was surprised I hadn't any children, and offered to be my daughter. Wasn't sure how to take that, offended as being seen as a daddy figure (realistic actually), or was there more to it as she had seen my bank accounts?

I was offered 'insurance policies' by 3 different staff members, some deal about getting 3% interest and life coverage for about half a million a year, and some-money back on maturity. There was a 5 year and a 10 year option, and I declined saying my 10 year plan was staying alive and no more.

Sorry, my mind wanders more these days, pretty girls and short skirts sparked a few neurons, and nothing else flinched. :cry2

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1