Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Sony Z Series 1.4Kg premium notebook – Sony Centre Refurbed – Fair Price

SELL: Sony Vaio VPCZ116GH-B

This is sleek, light, envy-inducing machine. I bought it from the Sony Store Pattaya.

It's certainly been taken care of ...

(1) New body fitted under insurance.

(2) Mainboard replaced under warranty after I discovered an abnormal shutdown issue. Sony resolved the issue completely.

** Be assured this is a solid and reliable flagship computer **

Main features;

- US & Thai keyboard w adaptive back-light brightness & Multi-touch track-pad.

- Intel Core i5-540M cpu 2.53 GHz Turbo to 3.06 GHz (AES encryption, Virtualization, QuickPath Interconnect.)

- 6 GB RAM

- Dual 64GB Samsung SSDs in Fast RAID-0 for Disk of 128GB.

- Windows 7 x64 Pro U OEM SP1, Windows XP mode Virtualization, Sony downgrade to XP SP3 Pro disc inc.

- 1600x900 13.1 HD LED wide gamut screen with adaptive back-light brightness. Superb.

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB GPU & Intel HD Graphics; switchable.

- Trusted Platform Module with Fingerprint scanner for 1-stroke boot & Windows-login.

- 3 x USB 2.0 ~ 1 x HDMI out ~ 1 x VGA ~ Intel Pro Gig Ethernet ~ Intel Centrino 2.4 & 5 GHz N WLAN ~ DVD writer ~ 2x Mem card slots ~ Blue-tooth ~ Web-cam etc.

- Express-card-34 slot (Flush fitting USB 3.0 cards are $20 on net)

Condition 90% with just some light wear on the palm rest.

Dead Pixels = NONE

Lid/Screen Scratches = NONE

Functioning = 100%

Battery = 4.5hrs light-use - 3hrs normal-office

I'm offering the items below...

- Sony Vaio VPCZ116GH-B inc. original Lithium-ion battery and charger. All original Documentation etc.

- Sony Vaio Z carry bag.

- ZyXEL Wireless-N Router.

- OCZ 4GB USB containing relevant details.

- Logitech Bluetooth Mouse

- Logitech Wired Mouse (new)

...at competitive price 22,500 bhat ** Offered for one-week only ** please act now if you're looking for a high_spec notebook at a fair price.

Sony ear-buds included if I can find `em !

tel: 08~494~525~12

Location Nr. Friendship Supermarket, Call now, Buy this envy-inducing machine. Thanks.

http://xxx.freeimage.us/share.php?id=F087_5186963A

http://xxx.freeimage.us/image.php?id=207D_518697E1

linky: http://www.sony-asia.com/product/vpcz116gh

Edited by RandomSand

Best spec of all,it's NOT Windows 8!

Yeah, That's right !

you lost me at Sony and esp Pattaya.

EDIT

one post sure doesn't evoke confidence either

Bought from the Sony store in Central Festival Pattaya by myself.

Yeah, just registered on this site to post the ad ! I'd imagine selling it in person... not over the net.

Have a nice day!

I bought a Sony Laptop in Pattaya from Numchai, quite expensive but preloaded with a legitimate Windows 7.

A bit of a mess about getting all the language options sorted and removed a fair bit of software on it I didn't want.

Bought an English only 'skin' for the keyboard.

I think Sony supply good quality kit.

I'll weigh in here and say that it sounds like a nice piece of computing hardware for a decent, though high, price.

I'm still considering it.

OP, when did you buy this laptop?

Ah-ha, I've found the ear-buds... Sony noise cancelling ones which work in conjunction with the notebook's microphone to detect noise.

@MM;

Bought from Numchai (Sony store Central Festival) halfway through 2010. I dropped it after owning it one week causing some damage to the casing. It worked fine and I used it until April 2011, at which time I got a desktop system as needed multiple monitors. I sent to Sony Bangkok just before the insurance ran out to get the cosmetics fixed-up. Not really used it since I got the desktop system.

I've always used the "charge battery to max 80%" in software, as it's supposed to not degrade the battery so much. Battery seems pretty good and I'd assess it If I knew how.

Sexy machine...

I have a core-i5 2500 on a gigabyte H67 M/B with a Intel SSD as desktop system and Vaio is a snappier system. ( Although most things are instantaneous on both systems. ) think it's because the Vaio has a QPI system bus and the desktop has a DMI.

Edited by RandomSand

yes I've found the sony vaio casing ain't built to tough i've a chip out of mine probably planned obsolescence.[don't slam lid] core i3 4.00gb 32 bit operating system

$400 nz dollars.

yes I've found the sony vaio casing ain't built to tough i've a chip out of mine probably planned obsolescence.[don't slam lid] core i3 4.00gb 32 bit operating system

$400 nz dollars.

Vaio Z is magnesium alloy. Not same as lower end range. I think it's pretty durable.

you lost me at Sony and esp Pattaya.

EDIT

one post sure doesn't evoke confidence either

The insurance claim and complete replacement of what makes it a computer add confidence though.

The insurance claim and complete replacement of what makes it a computer add confidence though.

Some things should never be bought used and I put computers into that category.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

yes a very nice machine.and a good price it must of cost a bit new.

I have a similar spec one to that of the OP and it cost me just under £ 1000 last year , i love the island keyboard ,Sony make good high end laptops .