Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Stayed at the Areca so I thought it would easy to book with Mr T which is just across the road.

We need a mini van to drop of family members at the old airport and return. The return was just 2 people so asked to change to a car but they did not have a driver returning so had to pay 1500 baht each way for a mini van no problem.

The next day at 11.30 am this dirty old van arrives with an oldish driver by the time we got to soi longkee I wanted to get out he was jerky on the throttle and weaving in out of the motor bikes parked on the sides and beeping to all the taxi stands. Pauls says wait till we get to the hiway he will smooth out my last chance was on Sukhumvit should of got out then. He took the motor way avoided as many tolls as possible and took two and half hours. Don't know if he was on some type of drug but he was frigidity and sniffing the nose tube , tugging his ear and eating the coffee lollies the whole time. The aircon packed in once we reached the traffic in Bangkok.

The card we had for Mr T the office number was disconnected and the 2 moible numbers I couldn't read one of the digits on each. When we got to the airport I asked him to ring the boss on my phone but he wouldn't and used his head set, I told him we were staying there and would give him 2000 baht he said the boss said ok. When I gave him the 2000 baht he said what no tip I just shoved it in his hand and walked away.

When we got the girls through to imagination we went outside and flagged down a new taxi with a bit of Thaiglish we were able to get across that fast okay but good safe drive. 1500 baht express way include all tolls and no tip. It took 1.45 minutes and the driver didn't know Pattaya so we had show him how to get to soi Diana.

Went straight to Mr T offices it took the girl a bit to work out that we were the couple that did not return with driver. Then I told exactly what I thought of the driver. All she could really say was she would pass it on to Mr T.

We have done 14 return plus trips all different times and companys and this was the worst ever, never ever will use Mr T again.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably took no notice and put it down to you they will see you as another winjin pom     Joe

I've used Mr T many times and never had any problem.

I guess that we need to thank the OP for updating us on the current Mr T service. This is always an issue when service starts to go downhill and it does with almost every business when they take their

Posted Images

No offence here but did you give Mr T a ring and ask him what the F was going on?

Myself I have not used Mr t except on my first trip over way back in 2000, a friend of mine organised it and yep no show....first time I was a bit worried but no problem in the end, got to paradise eventually. Walked down there the next day and got our refund for the no show.

I've used Mr T many times and never had any problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The last few times I've poked my head into the office Mr. T. was nowhere to be found, It seems his son(?) has taken over. It's nothing more than a call service and you are at the mercy of their drivers who own their own cars. Expecting help from Mr. T personally is about as likely as having the colonel cook yer chicken.

I've been in one of "his" cars that broke down on the way to BKK. It ruined the last day of my hols as a visit to Tulip massage was in the cards but at least I still had time to get to the airport.

The last few times I've poked my head into the office Mr. T. was nowhere to be found, It seems his son(?) has taken over. It's nothing more than a call service and you are at the mercy of their drivers who own their own cars. Expecting help from Mr. T personally is about as likely as having the colonel cook yer chicken.

I've been in one of "his" cars that broke down on the way to BKK. It ruined the last day of my hols as a visit to Tulip massage was in the cards but at least I still had time to get to the airport.

I wonder how many car service companies have a fleet of cars owned by the company? Same goes for full time drivers on staff?

I have used Mr. T for years and never had a problem. He just picked up my friends at Don Muang and took them to Nana Hotel on Wednesday. Today we requested a van for four people from Nana Hotel to V.T.6 in Pattaya. They were 30 minutes early and had a vip type Toyota van. 1800 baht. I suppose I could have a problem sometimes but I have never had one in hundreds of uses that involve the drivers waiting 3 or more hours for late flights. Some people just have more problems.

P.S. One time a friend was convinced to take another taxi when I had booked Mr. T. The next day I went in and tried to pay his son for the driver waiting and not having a fare. He would not take the money and I finally settled on making him take money for gas. A

class operation Jack

Edited by jaxxon55

I wonder how many car service companies have a fleet of cars owned by the company? Same goes for full time drivers on staff?

Notwithstanding that steamer wrote "call service", not "car service company", there are loads. Most of the vehicles have yellow number plates and others simply have green number plates. Pattaya is full of one version of them. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom

Wait,the Colonel doesn't cook my chicken? I actually met the old guy in Ft Lauderdale just before he died.2 elderly black ladies walked up to him and wanted a pic with him.Ironic,after all.OK,back to Mr T. haven't used him since 2009 but didn't have any issues in 3 trips with him.Guess things have changed for the worst.

Wait,the Colonel doesn't cook my chicken? I actually met the old guy in Ft Lauderdale just before he died.2 elderly black ladies walked up to him and wanted a pic with him.Ironic,after all.OK,back to Mr T. haven't used him since 2009 but didn't have any issues in 3 trips with him.Guess things have changed for the worst.

I can only guess that they are just fine if you don't throw them any challenges and just want a simple to and from the airport but my 3 experiences in the past 4 years were all a bit more difficult and didn't go well.

The first one was a very good driver but his car broke down as I've already mentioned.

The second one we had a maniac driver with a shitty car who constantly had to call the office for directions within BKK. Rama IV isn't that difficult to find.

The third one decided to dump my girl at the side of the road rather than taking her to Chon Buri and then continue onto the airport as agreed upon. He claimed we didn't have time but that was just BS. Needless to say, he didn't refund any money and had the cheek to ask for a tip.

I've done business with MR T. 3 times and he's zero for three AFAIC.

Let me see: Hundreds of satisfied customers and two unsatisfied ones. Who should we believe? I am going with the satisfied ones. The others probably screwed it up themselves looking for the lowball rate.

Jack

Let me see: Hundreds of satisfied customers and two unsatisfied ones. Who should we believe? I am going with the satisfied ones. The others probably screwed it up themselves looking for the lowball rate.

On the evidence of this thread, we have one (reasonably recent) satisfied customer - BigDUSA. The same guy who gave you that other extremely reliable taxi bloke, Alex. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom

Jack

Well, I believe all of them. I doubt there is any reason to lie.

A service such as Mr T. will not get it right 100% of the time. But based on the feedback it looks like he gets it right most of the time. If you happen to be one of the people he has let down then you will not be happy and you may take your business elsewhere. Others will be happy every time they use him and will go back again and again.

I normally use Mr Toom and have never had a problem. Others have had different experiences and will not use him again. Personally I will keep using him unless and until the level of service I personally get becomes unacceptable to me.

But this is what the forum is great for. If lots of people complain about, or recommend, the same thing then you can factor that in to your own personal decision on what to do.

Jack

So, just where are the "hundreds of satisfied customers"? This is a one page thread regarding his shortcomings. And where does one find that low ball rates even comes into it?

Funny, how some here are suggesting the service is decent even tho they haven't used it in close to half a decade.

I say again for the close minded ones, you are at the mercy of the individual driver and his car and MR T just makes a bit on the side using his good name.

He is nowhere to be found.

Giving him 3 chances and him fooking up all of them speaks volumes in my book but feel free to put blinders on. His son apparently has dropped the ball but you don't care so why should I. Good luck to you. 5555555555555

I have to chime in here. I used Mr T consistently for years, but I finally got fed up with drivers being late, not there, our clueless about where I should meet them on my arrival in Thailand.

I now exclusively use the taxi stands at the airport to get to Pattaya. This decision was made about 3 years ago.

I do use his service to get to the airport most times, however.

Sent from the mostly bugfree Tapatalk app for Android.

You should believe EVERY one of them that took the time to respond,either positively or negatively.I'm going with ALL of them.What is screwed up is your reply.

Jack

Edited by bigdelta

I agree i guess not everyone's ride will be the same different expectations drivers cabs and routes ect.

if i was visiting thailand i would be disappointed if something didn't go wrong to add to the experience . or i may as well stay at home. ;)

Edited by samfreeland

I guess that we need to thank the OP for updating us on the current Mr T service. This is always an issue when service starts to go downhill and it does with almost every business when they take their eyes off the ball.

I will have to decide soon about my next cab to Pattaya and because I have had such a good experience with Mr T I suppose that I will keep on using him. I will needless to say keep my eyes open as well as my mind but at this stage I will go with the past.

As a matter of interest has anyone copied Mr T in with the original post?

• Upvote 2

Thai Limo might.

There are a lot of small time outfits, like the guy I use, it is just him who drives and he has 2 vehicles, one being a minivan.

Always seems to fit me in and it necessitates a drive out from Bangkok.

Edited by jacko

The company i use is also a thai friend of mine,he helps and advises me on quite a few things too.He has a company in BK too,and always gives me the drivcers mobile number especialy when i come from bk to pattaya, i get collected from my house the first trip

On the evidence of this thread, we have one (reasonably recent) satisfied customer - BigDUSA. The same guy who gave you that other extremely reliable taxi bloke, Alex. :thumbup

Ok I will put my hand up and say I am always happy with his service and have used him dozens of times and will be happily using him again in about 10 days time.

I have used Mr. T for years and never had a problem. He just picked up my friends at Don Muang and took them to Nana Hotel on Wednesday. Today we requested a van for four people from Nana Hotel to V.T.6 in Pattaya. They were 30 minutes early and had a vip type Toyota van. 1800 baht. I suppose I could have a problem sometimes but I have never had one in hundreds of uses that involve the drivers waiting 3 or more hours for late flights. Some people just have more problems.

P.S. One time a friend was convinced to take another taxi when I had booked Mr. T. The next day I went in and tried to pay his son for the driver waiting and not having a fare. He would not take the money and I finally settled on making him take money for gas. A

class operation Jack

And because I complained about this driver I hope you never get him and continue to get good service.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, and I am glad you did complain. I have been extremely lucky but I know it can go south at any time with so many different drivers. But I do believe he has his drivers meet standards with their cars because I always get good cars. Hard to control the drivers though. The 850 baht ones were always falling asleep or driving 140 kph. I am a little old for that.

Jack

And because I complained about this driver I hope you never get him and continue to get good service.

i use mrt twice a year only had 1 breakdown another car there in 30 minutes.always there waiting at airport,and on time for return.all my friends use mrt,not heard any complaints.