Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

i use mrt twice a year only had 1 breakdown another car there in 30 minutes.always there waiting at airport,and on time for return.all my friends use mrt,not heard any complaints.

You must not have read the thread. There were several complaints.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably took no notice and put it down to you they will see you as another winjin pom     Joe

I've used Mr T many times and never had any problem.

I guess that we need to thank the OP for updating us on the current Mr T service. This is always an issue when service starts to go downhill and it does with almost every business when they take their

Posted Images

here is a lady driver Tan.

http://www.tanstaxi.com/

see website 1200 bhats

and here is another lady driver who lives near Bangkok airport

here name is Nat +66 0816271435 1000 baht including tolls.

Tan is 600b more than Mr. T for a Pattaya to airport ride....a 600b spread is not competitive.

Looks like Mr. T is not hooked up very well for van rides...I guess I've been lucky up to now...no problems with airport pick ups and just one death race 2000 run to the airport...I'll stick with Mr. T.

And because I complained about this driver I hope you never get him and continue to get good service.

Thanks for taking the time to post the thread. It is a good reminder to at least specify the quality of vehicle and service expected and it provides recent experience with the often recommended T fellow who may no longer be involved in a hands on capacity.

As an ex taxi operator in the UK Mr T or any other operator would have a small fleet of drivers.But the vast majority of the time there would be a network that enables a driver dropping passengers in Pattaya to get a return journey to the airport or Bangkok and vise versa a driver would hardly ever do a one way trip he would wait until the next day if need be.Haulage company's would have the same system they would have an agency that would give them a return load.So it is down to the individual driver.

There are times when you feel for sure that the whole thing will go to shit and a couple of years ago was an example. A mate and myself had a day and early night in Bangkok and for want of a better place I ordered a Mr T taxi at 10PM at the reception of the Nana Hotel in Soi 3. After an early start watching them set up Patpong and drinks at Soi Cowboy and ending the night at Nana Plaza we meandered across the road and at spot on 10 the cab drove up to the reception of the Nana. I was so impressed that I have been happy to use Mr T since.

And because I complained about this driver I hope you never get him and continue to get good service.

Probably took no notice and put it down to you

they will see you as another winjin pom

Joe

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Joe

perhaps winjin farang or whiney Oz?

I don't book a driver to pick me up at the airport. It just complicates things and I don't like waiting if the driver is late or doesn't show up at all. The last few trips to Pattaya, I have used the airport touts. You do have to negotiate because they will try to get an inflated fare. I really don't waste time, I tell them that I want a nice car and a good driver for 1,200 baht. The driver pays the tolls.

A taxi will take you a short distance from the airport and you will change to a private car. I have never had any problems. No waiting in airport taxi lines, the tout will take you directly to a waiting taxi. I only tip if the car and driver suit me. I never tip more than 200 baht.

• Upvote 1

get it right mate, a whinging Aussie!

Don't class us in the same breed you Yankee!! :bhappy

Joe

I think mr T has just become a trading name as such , its a bit like going into kentucky fried chicken , you know what you're getting but you don't expect to be served by the colonel himself " Do ya ".

Along with 6 of my friends, we hired a minivan from Mr. T to get us to Soi 2, Sukhumvit a week or so back. It was early, waited for us, and stopped at a service station for some of us to use hong nam, then delivered us very safely to our destination. No problems at all. Two of those friends had already arranged with the other guy (Mr Toom) to pick them up 2 days later in Sukhumvit and take them up to Kanchanaburi - they also had a great trip at a good price. I've used both of these companies for many years and have (on the whole) always had satisfactory service.

I've used a taxi service for the last few years, Samboon Taxi. He is a little more than Mr. T at 1,300 baht Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya but always has new cars and good drivers. His number is 081-932-0559 and I always use him both ways and I've never been let down.

I've used a taxi service for the last few years, Samboon Taxi. He is a little more than Mr. T at 1,300 baht Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya but always has new cars and good drivers. His number is 081-932-0559 and I always use him both ways and I've never been let down.

Always new cars?......................

To most people 44% is not "a little more."

Jack

To most people 44% is not "a little more."

Jack

But 300 baht is where reliability and comfort is concerned. Most people think that would be a good deal, though maybe not some of the participants on this forum.

In fairness, if you have been using Mr T for years and have had decent and comfortable cars, on-time pick ups and knowledgable drivers that actually know Pattaya then why would you want to spend more than 1000 baht?

• Upvote 1

In fairness, if you have been using Mr T for years and have had decent and comfortable cars, on-time pick ups and knowledgable drivers that actually know Pattaya then why would you want to spend more than 1000 baht?

No reason whatsoever, but for those of us who have missed connections with his drivers ( no shows), had to take sidetours with the ones going to the airport because they promised some family member or whatever that they would come by, it's a serious issue.

I am happy to pay 1500 baht for a taxi at departures. 500 baht...pfft. I used Mr. T for 5 or 6 years and finally got fed up with the uncertainty.

Up to you, of course.

I agree with MM on this. I normally pay 1500 baht to get to the airport.

Comfort and being sure the guy will arrive, drive sedately and safely and keep quiet is worth it.

Yes it is 50% more.

Coming back, less concerned, I might use Toom for 1000 baht.

As I live remotely I am often worried another guy will find my place, but I think if I lived in Jomtiem near the bus station there, I would be on that big cheap thing.

Just used a guy of the street for the return journey 1400 baht to Don Mueang airport. Made the mistake of asking if safe driver which he was, just he took it as we meant drive slow so the first half we didn't go over 90km in the fast lane thats scary in its self. But after we hit some slow traffic and a down pour that bought traffic to a stand still, he did 120 the rest of the way and still made to airport in 2 hours 10 mins.

Was happy with the car and driver but will probably just walk out and get a cab in October coming in through Don Mueang again. Only spend about 20 mins tops in the airport coming in. There where spare imagination offices maybe they should send some over to the Swamp.

Pattaya taxi (1024x628) (640x393).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a Mr T car to collect me from the airport,and everything was as it should be. Email confirmation was sent within minutes of my request. Driver was on time,sober,smart and careful. Car was clean.

I asked about Mr Ts operation and here's the score....Mr T owns all the vehicles himself,he maintains them,fuels them,pays all the parking and toll charges. The drivers....there are twenty of them....just drive. They get 150 baht for a one way journey from Patts to the airport and vice versa,but 350 if they have a fare in both directions.

So,for a driver taking a passenger to the airport,and then another back to Patts,the driver trousers 350 and Mr T 1550. If that goes off several times a day,and twenty drivers are working flat out,it's quite a lucrative operation.

As my driver said this morning,with a loud laugh,"Mr T a velly rich man".

• Upvote 1