Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Guide to sleeping in airports

Kiwis are the nicest folks on Earth.

Its the same as anywhere else you have your good folks and you have your bad.

People have been tourists sleeping at that airport since it opened in 1940 [not literally] why can't security just ask to look at their flight tickets if your flight is in five hours or you are waiting for a lift or the campervan rental business to open sure you can stay. But if you're just a local bum dosing there or your flight is next week sorry you have to leave. its the mentality of i have a sore finger so lets chop the hand off. And it really is hypothermic cold there. lol.

Edited by samfreeland

Its the same as anywhere else you have your good folks and you have your bad.

People have been tourists sleeping at that airport since it opened in 1940 [not literally] why can't security just ask to look at their flight tickets if your flight is in five hours or you are waiting for a lift or the campervan rental business to open sure you can stay. But if you're just a local bum dosing there or your flight is next week sorry you have to leave. its the mentality of i have a sore finger so lets chop the hand off. And it really is hypothermic cold there. lol.

I once waited for my flight in the Bangkok airport for 18 hours. Lots of people seemed to be hanging around for a long time.

I once waited for my flight in the Bangkok airport for 18 hours. Lots of people seemed to be hanging around for a long time.

With Bangkok only 20 mins away I would not be spending it in the airport :clueless

Be Nice

Moby69

I often transited in Heathrow to the USA and had a long wait for my onward USA connection. The Business Class lounge used to have a sleeping room with loungers and I often nodded off in there. Not sure how this works these days with damned mobile phones.

There was a group of Indian women they had to keep throwing out of the main terminal at Heathrow years ago, they hung around in there all day.

• 1 month later...

This actually seems to be a decent site for a full range of information relating to airports. :thumbup