Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

SCAM, HOAX or REAL (which I doubt)

Last night at 02.35.24 Thailand Time (20.35.24 UK time) I got a strange SMS from a tel number in Ireland (+353864582439)
quote: Hurry Your mobile no has won BP 500,000.00 pounds on the APPLE IPhone PROMO. Send name, mobile, Email to: claims34@hotmail.co.uk
unquote
Did anyone else on this website get this SMS. I did of course not reply but wonder if I should do anything i.e. inform APPLE or Irish Authorities. Any reply would be appreciated.

Last night at 02.35.24 Thailand Time (20.35.24 UK time) I got a strange SMS from a tel number in Ireland (+353864582439)

quote: Hurry Your mobile no has won BP 500,000.00 pounds on the APPLE IPhone PROMO. Send name, mobile, Email to: claims34@hotmail.co.uk

unquote

Did anyone else on this website get this SMS. I did of course not reply but wonder if I should do anything i.e. inform APPLE or Irish Authorities. Any reply would be appreciated.

Yeah I got one this morning on my True line. Something about my number winning £75.000 (or was it £750,000 ) and asking for email details. To be honest my memory of it is vague as I deleted it pretty quick, like most of the shit that comes in on my True line.

yeh its all true YOU WON. now to collect just send me 2000$ USD by western union and I promise you will collect.PM me for details.

p.s. this message is genuine. No really it is!

• Downvote 1

Thanks for that. I know it is a scam I just wanted to know if someboby else got the same message and I found out that some other people did. I called AIS and you can not block a number that sends out an SMS only voicemail. So I guess case closed

That's an old scam. They will ask you for enough money to be able to send a courier to deliver your check. I was feeling ornery so I contacted them to see what their scam was. We went back and forth several times with me insisting that they take the courier cost out of the winnings. Of course they refused. I even offered to pay double. They gave up.

but wonder if I should do anything i.e. inform APPLE or Irish Authorities. Any reply would be appreciated.

Apple would do zero since it has nothing to do with them and the Irish authorities won't care.

SPAM arrives, just delete it.

Tip: Legitimate businesses can afford an e-mail that is not hotmail.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

More likely dontcha.

Evil

:devil

Dontcha posted class pictures, you posted only reviews hanging down from different asses on your baloon chasing trips... no pictures anything like his pix... the reason you accuse someone ??

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Dontcha posted class pictures, you posted only reviews hanging down from different asses on your baloon chasing trips... no pictures anything like his pix... the reason you accuse someone ??

whoosh.gif

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

My guess would be that Dontcha is admittedly from Ireland where the emails originated?

Can you give me a Whoosh too please because I have no fucking idea why you would say "More likely dontcha." :clueless

Careful Gabor...... you're thread-fucking!!!! If you want to argue with Evil take it to the B & A section and refrain from infecting other topics with your petty arguments with other BM's.

Careful Gabor...... you're thread-fucking!!!! If you want to argue with Evil take it to the B & A section and refrain from infecting other topics with your petty arguments with other BM's.

You are right..... the other two expressed their confusion in a better way.....

• Downvote 1

Apologies for fucking the thread even more but this "B & A" section seems to be password protected. How do you get access?

Apologies for fucking the thread even more but this "B & A" section seems to be password protected.  How do you get access?

Read the sub forum description. The password is given right there.