Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BKK to Pattaya - Best pickup service?

One time I actually tried the "limo" service that has a stand near the baggage claim area in the Bangkok airport. It was 2800 baht, but the driver was actually a safe driver. The ride to Pattaya was pleasant and never once did I feel like I was about to die.

Hw much is your life worth?

1599 baht apparently.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swings and roundabouts. Usually I find the guy easily as I am told which gate area he will be at (same one for a few years now). I always grab one of those luggage carts and he takes that off me and a

1) I gave my experience. Can't see how you can disagree with that unless you were with me. I am not disagreeing with your experience. Its the conclusion that your way is the best. 2) You di

And now you fly with Airforce One ...

Me? I grab anything.

Friends of mine recently enjoyed a limousine, champagne pick-up with 2 champagnettes to the Penthouse Hotel. Which is certainly a different way to 'arrive'.

I've used Mr T a number of times. So far no hassle with the driver or car. I plan on using his service next trip.

I would love to try that devils den bus, but the cost put me off. I seem to recall it was In the range of $500.00 for a ride from the airport. For that a fella could take a cab and go to the devils den 4 times. It might be fun but damn.

I would love to try that devils den bus, but the cost put me off. I seem to recall it was In the range of $500.00 for a ride from the airport. For that a fella could take a cab and go to the devils den 4 times. It might be fun but damn.

I might pay 8000 for something like that, but dang... 18000 baht? Good for them if they can get that price, but hell no.

• 1 month later...

if you want to get to your destination i would not use

tan taxi service i emailed her twice also rang her from

the airport and nothing the person on the phone could

not even speak english

travel date was 29/11/2014

• 3 years later...

Many recommend taxi pickup services.

I personally prefer to just grab a yellow taxi at the front...no searching around, a fixed rate (1500baht), and you're on your way.

But, if you want to go the taxi pickup service route, I am sure lots will come on to recommend various favorites.

I have not done it that way and have found that the services I have used are asking for toll costs along the route.

Is that the case with the yellow taxis as well?

Edited by midlifecrisis

I have not done it that way and have found that the services I have used are asking for toll costs along the root.

In my experience, the driver may skip the toll booths to save money unless the passenger offers to pay the tolls. And as I recall, the tolls aren't all that much, in any event.

In my experience, the driver may skip the toll booths to save money unless the passenger offers to pay the tolls. And as I recall, the tolls aren't all that much, in any event.

funny I had to see your response to notice my misspelling. corrected it.

The guy I use always includes tolls in the 1200 baht fare.. but it would hardly surprise me that a Thai driver would avoid the motorway to save some baht despite the much longer travel time. My worst ever experience of a taxi ride was one I booked from one of those kiosks in Pattaya and I had been told included tolls, but the driver insisted it didn't. He had been paid by the mafia as he called them and I had already paid at the kiosk. He avoided tolls, which meant some choked up back roads and drove like a maniac. Those people who live near Jomtiem bus station near Chateau Dale have it easy, the 389 coach service is great.

Edited by jacko

I have not done it that way and have found that the services I have used are asking for toll costs along the route.

Not in my experience. The regular taxis at the departure queue had (last time I used them) a flat rate, all inclusive, 1500 baht fee. It's so much more convenient than schlepping luggage to the parking area with a driver arriving by appointment...also, those drivers are frequently damned hard to find at the "meeting point" of the day.

For me, it's just so much more convenient to just grab a cab.

I have only used Mr. T and PT Taxis over the last few months. 1000 baht all up confirmed by email before arrival. Only one minor hiccup but not enough to put me off pre booking.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Has anyone used Nam's taxi lately? (namnamthailand@gmail.com)

Yes - I booked her in January both to and from the airport. Always on time, safe drive and polite. I also booked with her to go into Bangkok for a couple of days and again, even with the heavy traffic there, she was able to get to my hotel easily and picked up on time. Recommended - and tolls included in the fee.

KM

Just for reference, the motorway toll for a trip from Suvarnabhumi is 60 baht for a pickup truck. I believe it is less (40 baht?) for a passenger car.

Not in my experience. The regular taxis at the departure queue had (last time I used them) a flat rate, all inclusive, 1500 baht fee. It's so much more convenient than schlepping luggage to the parking area with a driver arriving by appointment...also, those drivers are frequently damned hard to find at the "meeting point" of the day.

For me, it's just so much more convenient to just grab a cab.

Swings and roundabouts. Usually I find the guy easily as I am told which gate area he will be at (same one for a few years now). I always grab one of those luggage carts and he takes that off me and all I have to do is follow him in my zombie like state, worrying whether he will run off with my suitcase. Although it is a few years since I did it the taxi queue once had me stood waiting, hot and sweaty, for a good while which I certainly didn't enjoy. The driver did appear happy to get a Pattaya run, and his fixed price indeed included tolls. I also hold a grudge as once, the taxi took me a few km from the airport and tried to swap me into his mates tattier vehicle.

Bloody UK requires me to find £1 coins to get a cart, bastards! Do the idiots think people flying in from all corners have them handy!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2

Has anyone used Nam's taxi lately? (namnamthailand@gmail.com)

ikkrang posted this recently:

"Announcement by Nam’s Taxi:

“Nam’s Taxi goes on Holiday”

From April 14 until and including April 20, Nam will not be providing any taxi services in Pattaya or elsewhere.

The past few years have shown to Nam very few drivers are willing to stay in Pattaya to drive, and the roads are so congested that an airport run can easily take four hours.

Songkran is very much a family holiday event, and she wants to give her drivers an opportunity to spend time with their children and family.

So Nam has decided to take a week off, her first holiday in over two years, and Nam herself is considering going to a cooler place.

in order to keep the service running after the 20th, she will be responding to emails in that period, but is asking anyone who has booked their flight tickets well in advance, to also try and book their taxi well in advance, so she can minimise her online time during her holidays.

Normal service resuming as of April 21…."

Hope that helps.

Bloody UK requires me to find £1 coins to get a cart, bastards! Do the idiots think people flying in from all corners have them handy!

What airport is that??? I am taking a 3 week holiday over August Bank Holiday so if it is LHR then I may just go hand baggage only ...

What airport is that??? I am taking a 3 week holiday over August Bank Holiday so if it is LHR then I may just go hand baggage only ...

That is Manchester.... I hope someone will be along soon to tell us what LHR does.

I have probably tried most of the board-endorsed taxi services. But Toom still has provided me with the most consistent experience.

Always on time. Car in good shape. Drivers are excellent.