Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I'm not a pizza fan by any means, but I was just wondering whether the obvious wholesale hatred of Pizza Hut offerings here are specific to the Pattaya/Thailand branches, or to Pizza Hut worldwide. Their press in the UK does not seem to be too bad apart from being horrifically expensive.

Corporate chain pizzas are never ranked very high by pizza gourmets in the U.S. and Pizza Hut is no exception. But because of cutthroat competition, it tends to be cheap. It's seen mainly as belly-filler for Cub Scout troops and pre-teen sleepovers or a quick meal for families with younger children. The blandness (no real seasoning), thick bready crust and stringy cheese topping make it popular with kids.

There's a saying in the U.S. usually attributed to Mel Brooks, that goes: "Sex is like pizza. When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good." Sometimes it's shortened to "When pizza is bad, it's still pretty good." Pizza Hut pies stretch "still pretty good" to its limit.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try Thai food......it is pretty good. Then there are quite a few French/Italian/ etc etc places for that western fix. Of course there are Pizza places....... but I never eat it here, You can Google

After 13 years in New York City (where you can get good pizza), I found Pattaya to be an almost total disappointment. Outside of the slices at the FLB monthly crawls, I virtually never eat pizza in

Corporate chain pizzas are never ranked very high by pizza gourmets in the U.S. and Pizza Hut is no exception. But because of cutthroat competition, it tends to be cheap. It's seen mainly as belly-fi

Posted Images

Hi,

Surely pizza hut is poor by any standard? I am confident that I could get better pizza from the freezer in a local supermarket. Corporate chain outlets do not care. Pizzas are pizzas for them,that is it.

While we are on the subject of pizza and corporate chains etc, why is it that KFC, do not sell breast or fillet meat in Asia? only thigh or dark leg meat. Is white breast meat considered too good for fast food?

Edited by python

There's a decent place on soi Diana just near the entrance to lk metro, there's also a live band in there at night, it's pretty good for pattaya. Can't stand Pizza hut here but love it back home. Wanted to try new York pizza in feb but it looked closed down or they moved ( on 3rd road near buffalo bar) Pizza pizza is also pretty good at the avenue.

While we are on the subject of pizza and corporate chains etc, why is it that KFC, do not sell breast or fillet meat in Asia? only thigh or dark leg meat. Is white breast meat considered too good for fast food?

When I was staying in Surin City Falang food choice was fairly limited but I regularly ordered a box of KFC chicken and specified breast only which is exactly what they delivered. That was a few years ago so they must have changed policy.

I just came back from AC and as some of you know the food choices there are rather limited and iffy. I decided I wanted something different to my usual and since I hadn't had Pizza Hut in years I gave it a go. It was a fuckin' nightmare from their website to their not delivering anything short of a family size pie to the most tasteless cheese-less salty piece of shit I've had in decades. I figured a Tuscani pizza sounded good but boy was I wrong.

tuscani.jpg

The Italian restaurant in Walking St, just down from FLB does quite a good pizza. Had Seafood pizza there twice on my last trip late May/early June.

• 1 month later...

The Loaf on soi Lengkee makes a good pizza.

I wasn't impressed with their pizza. Crust is good as you would expect at a bakery but they obviously are using that cheap tasteless local cheese. Only reason people seem to like it is that all-you-can eat deal they do once a week.

Edited by lapd

I wasn't impressed with their pizza. Crust is good as you would expect at a bakery but they obviously are using that cheap tasteless local cheese. Only reason people seem to like it is that all-you-can eat deal they do once a week.

Never went to the 'all you can eat' night. Not my style. Perhaps that's what you had and the pie reflects the special. Cold and cheap.

LOL… Since when did any pizza have anything other than tasteless cheese? The Swiss/Italian Gorgonzola version excepted of course. :clueless

Best Pizza i had in Pattaya, Pizza Big and Lee's Diner, were just OK at best. While living in Pattaya, i gave it up. Started believing you can't get good pizza in Thailand. Best thing you can say about Pizza Hut is they can deliver in 15 minutes.

However, coming home from Soi Cowboy last night I stopped at Pala at the entrance of Sukhumvit MRT. Just before closing they're half price (45 baht for large slice), real mozzarella, mushrooms, even Italian sausage.

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • 2 weeks later...

For Pizza delivery i always go with New York Pizza on 3rd Rd.

Restaurant pizza i prefer Pan Pan.

There is another very good Italian restaurant on soi Chaiyapreuk that doesn't seem to get much mention called Mimosa. Great food but their strenght in more in the pastas than the pizzas imho. Great starters and wine selection.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to a pizza place on soi arunotai,with partner,just for a change.Was pleasantly surprised with the tastiness.We had a 4 cheeses one and a beef mexican one,both thin crust and crispy too,excellant pizza base.To compliment the pizzas,we ordered a ceasar salad,and the crispy chicken was lovely.

Both pizzas were small,about 8 inch and a coke and water,was about 370 baht.The pizzas were 127 baht each for small,and 240 baht for large,but dont know how large.The place had a menu in french and english,and there were a steady flow of customers,both eating in and take aways.

Will defo try again,when i get the pizza urge,as the fresh taste is far superior than any take away pizza i have had in Pattaya.The place opens about 6.30pm - 7.00pm

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

I like italian pizza, and when I am in Pattaya I enjoy to go eat at Pizza Big, the best pizza in Pattaya.

07pizzabig.JPG

I agree.

Best pizza I have had in Asia, plus I enjoy the walk back, heading South, as a few of the bars between Pizza Big and Pattaya Nui Road have supplied a good few companions over the years..

Edited by python

Have terrible pizza experiences in Pattaya however I decided to give it one more try. There's a small Italian open air restaurant on Arunothai (of all places) near Nirun condo. Had a small pizza with thin crust, anchovies and capers(a first in Thailand as well) and the house red wasn't bad either.

_DSC6345_small.jpg

• Upvote 2

I rarely eat pizza but suggest that you ditch all this Pattaya stuff that no one seems to like. Take off to anywhere in Cambodia and order a $5 Magic (or Happy) Pizza and it will give you 24 hours of satisfaction or hell depending on your constitution.

Edited by teelack

Wouldnt say its that near to nirun condo???

150 meters on left,coming in from Klang.Tasty and great value for money

Have terrible pizza experiences in Pattaya however I decided to give it one more try. There's a small Italian open air restaurant on Arunothai (of all places) near Nirun condo. Had a small pizza with thin crust, anchovies and capers(a first in Thailand as well) and the house red wasn't bad either.

attachicon.gif_DSC6345_small.jpg

Best Lasagna I've ever had in the world was at L'Opera, Soi 39 Sukhumwit, Bangkok.

Disclosure: I've never been to New York on Sicily.

Best Pizza in Pattaya IMNSHO is Pan Pan, any location.

I have tried many in Pattaya and my favorite is New York Pizza on 3rd Road next to the Boxing Roo at then junction with Soi Lengkee. Thin crust is very nice and they use the right amount of sauce and decent cheese. I prefer dining and notice they do a lot of deliveries.