Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

389 Bus, Airport to Pattaya

Has anyone used this service ?, I arrive early evening after the last Bell bus has departed but according to the Website this bus also runs until 10pm each day, looks like you cant pre book but any info appreciated.

And before anyone says get a Taxi, nothing to do with being a cheap Charles!, there is no way im taking pot luck after being involved in taxi spinning out in the wet a few years ago I haven’t taken a taxi in the kingdom since, not hurt but frightened the shit out of me and spooked me.

If I can’t get a bus then will overnight in Bangkok then get the bus from ekamai the following morning

There is cheap Charlie and there is being wise and also no matter what anyone sais its your money and spend it as you like. With the exchange rate not as good as it was years ago I will save in whatever way I can to have my pleasurely ( new word made up by me) time in los.

Well the bus you refer to yes I use it all the time except when a flight has been delayed and miss the last one.

Well as you say the last one leaves at 2200 and no stops until its destination at the bus depot near Jomtien there you can all depending on your luggage negotiate a motorbike taxi or a bat bus to your destination. I usually pay 100 on bat bus to get to my specific hotel on bukaow,this also applies when leaving just stop any bat bus and offer them 100 take you to the bus depot no problem The bus itself is comfortable with reclining seats and aircon nice smooth run no hassle and its a great price as opposed to 1500 legal at the airport or 1300 under the table or Mr T I think now 1200.There is no pre booking for the bus but there is usually no problem getting on just make your way after picking up baggage and away you go to the ticket booth pay the money get the ticket sit down relax and watch for the driver or courier gathering up the people and away you go.

Thanks, that’s great info :thumbup and will be using this service to get down to Pattaya on the upcoming trip.

Does the Bus depart from the same area as the Bell bus on level 1 or is there a bus terminal I need to make my way too ?

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to be pedantic but buses can get into accidents too, and when it happens there can be a bit of carnage.

Each to their own but dragging suitcases all over the orient loses it's appeal as you age.

I used this bus last time and managed to secure the very last seat (No 36 i think). I don't assume now that there will definately be room and may have to wait an hour for the next one. Good service though for 134 baht.