Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Unanswered e-mails with Pattaya Hotels? WTF?

Send off an e-mail to BKK hotels and get answers next day. Send e-mail off inquiring about rooms to Pattaya hotels and get answer........never! WTF??

Anyone else having this problem? Is Pattaya that packed months in advance that they just ignore inquiries? What's going on down there??

Send off an e-mail to BKK hotels and get answers next day. Send e-mail off inquiring about rooms to Pattaya hotels and get answer........never! WTF??

Anyone else having this problem? Is Pattaya that packed months in advance that they just ignore inquiries? What's going on down there??

I'd try another hotel. Or else try pre-booking a room through one of the online booking sites.

I've had that problem with emailing PBR with reservation requests and questions. They eventually had to go to their service provider to straighten it out, seems my email address or domain name was blocked or something.

I've had that problem with emailing PBR with reservation requests and questions. They eventually had to go to their service provider to straighten it out, seems my email address or domain name was blocked or something.

If that happens and since there is gmail (free) , yahoo mail (free), hotmail (free), (and countless others no doubt) set up another account to diagnose if they interpret yours as a SPAM domain.

Pattaya is infested with Eesahn people, they're not exactly on the ball.

• Downvote 1

Pattaya is infested with Eesahn people, they're not exactly on the ball.

many can't speak English well let alone read and write it so they just bury their heads in the sand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I must say, their English is better than my Thai.

I am told more are being taught English in school.

I am sure it would be to their advatage, quite a handy language.

I think they're afraid of fracking up and loosing face.

Better to ignore the email as there isn't anyone to point fingers at.

If that happens and since there is gmail (free) , yahoo mail (free), hotmail (free), (and countless others no doubt) set up another account to diagnose if they interpret yours as a SPAM domain.

no, my emails were getting to them just fine (talked with them on the phone and reservations and stuff were good), they just couldn't SEND anything to me for whatever reason. The only way i knew it was their provider was I was also getting the responses and replies from their ISP and them :)

Edited by aguy2006
  • 2 months later...

Now I’ve been struck down with this syndrome!

Despite a couple of hiccups, I generally sing the praises of Sabai Wing. However it took three emails spread over a week to get any sort of reply, and after sending a definite booking last Wednesday, nothing.

Business must be good if they can afford to ignore regulars.

• Upvote 1

A long time ago I remember emailing a Pattaya hotel for a reservation. I was in Bangkok at the time and didn't have my laptop. So, I was using Yahoo mail and an internet cafe. Anyway, they never wrote back but I went anyway. What's the worst that could happen? But when I got there, they were waiting for me. I asked the girl why she didn't respond to my email and she said that were having trouble with their computer. I think that some of the people they have working at the hotels are less than computer literate.

When you read these forums there is no doubt this this happens.

It is possibly a warning for you to take notice of. I have either been lucky or maybe I phrased my emails in an understandable manner but I have had a good time of it and generally speaking get responses inside the same day. I think that because of the number of places to stay in town I am happy to forget about the non responders and move on. There was however a case earlier this month where the people were so brilliant in responding, in both speed, content and follow up, that I will be calling in to see them next time in town and will seriously think of using the place.

Thanks for the replies.

A long time ago I remember emailing a Pattaya hotel for a reservation. I was in Bangkok at the time and didn't have my laptop. So, I was using Yahoo mail and an internet cafe. Anyway, they never wrote back but I went anyway. What's the worst that could happen? But when I got there, they were waiting for me. I asked the girl why she didn't respond to my email and she said that were having trouble with their computer. I think that some of the people they have working at the hotels are less than computer literate.

I’m a bit wary ‘just turning up option’. I’d hate to arrive with my suitcases, canoe, snooker table, pole-vaulting equipment (it’s a long story), etc, etc, to be told “No room at the inn”. In previous years the same hotel (Sabai Wing) has replied more or less straight away, but for some reason, not this time.

If you have free international calls with your internet provider if all else fails you could just ring them up. Sounds expensive but it isn't.....

Andy

I did (briefly) consider the ‘phone option, but if it came to that I’d just book a different hotel on-line.

When you read these forums there is no doubt this this happens.

It is possibly a warning for you to take notice of. I have either been lucky or maybe I phrased my emails in an understandable manner but I have had a good time of it and generally speaking get responses inside the same day. I think that because of the number of places to stay in town I am happy to forget about the non responders and move on. There was however a case earlier this month where the people were so brilliant in responding, in both speed, content and follow up, that I will be calling in to see them next time in town and will seriously think of using the place.

I have never had a problem in the past, only this time. It’s also my custom and practise to email the hotel after my return home to thank them. During each visit I generally check out one or two other hotels for future ref, but, probably like most people, once I find a place I like I generally stick with it – until they upset me or raise the price unreasonably.

This is usually because what you imagine to be a basis for running a BUSINESS

is light years away from what a Thai imagines it to be

As I say, same hotel in the past no problem. This time…

Can you imagine the hassle trying to cancel a reservation when they have your deposit? You'd need to get the ccc involved for sure.

My regular BKK hotel is part of an international group, so I do the on-line credit card details etc. They have a ‘give us 48-hours notice and there is no charge’ cancellation policy. Sabai Wing’s cancellation policy for on-line booking is fully pre-pay and no refunds for cancellation.

In fact I have never given advance credit card details to any Pattaya hotel.

Anyway, after all that, the story has a happy ending! I sent original enquiry email on 9 September, followed by two nudges. Got a reply on 16 September. Sent a firm booking on 18 September and, only one nudge later, I received a confirmation on 24 September – a mere 15 days in total.

Next time I’ll put more email stamps on my original enquiry.