Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Residency certificat for driving licence on trist visa

Hi, can I get residency certificat from immigration, on a turist multi entry visa :)

i stay gf condo, she owns it...

got bank acc. if thats helps

i need it for bike licence.....

thx

I think you need a permanent address however the first time i applied for my driving license i was staying in a hotel on a tourist visa so usef an agent to take care of it. Now its not a problem as i have an address and contract for the property.

I think agencies charge approx 500b for immigtation residency cert.

I think you need a permanent address however the first time i applied for my driving license i was staying in a hotel on a tourist visa so usef an agent to take care of it. Now its not a problem as i have an address and contract for the property.

what agency do that ?

cant use gf adress? if bring her electric bill or something?

Take your girlfriend with you and tell her to bring info on her condo. 200 baht, take passport with.

ok i try that :)

apparentely certificat is free of charge, but well thy still charge :)

Yes I believe it is a 200 baht donation per certificate. Best to have your 200 baht on top of your paper work. Good luck if you try and not pay the donation.

I don't understand why so many people talk about these "agencies" for this kind of paperwork ? I can understand a few rare cases when they can be useful (sick, work,..) but for most people in Pattaya the Jomtien Immigration Office is an easy way, not far, not long (except high season...), and very helpful for special cases.

Yes there is a "donation"... And I heard it's now 300 baht, no more 200 :(

It may still be 200 baht.

I went today (July 15) and, when asked, informed them that I needed both car and bike licenses. They decided to give me two residency permits and charged me 200 baht for each.

I did not want to argue that one would do. As a bonus I got a very nice thank you and wai.

I was in and out in less than 30.minutes.

They decided to give me two residency permits and charged me 200 baht for each.

You must be very very lucky,

because a Residence Permit usually cost about 300'000 baht, require many paperworks, and take years to get ;)

Lucky again.

I always had to come back, in the afternoon or the day after, to collect my Residence Certificate

From ThaiVisa topic like this one , I understand that the price donation at Jomtien is still 200 baht

but that they have a "fast processing" option at 300 baht where you get your paper in ~10 minutes.

I went today (July 15) and, when asked, informed them that I needed both car and bike licenses. They decided to give me two residency permits and charged me 200 baht for each.

I did not want to argue that one would do. As a bonus I got a very nice thank you and wai.

what visa u got ?

u got perm. adress? like ur own condo in ur name ?

i neede to know i can get bike licence on turist visa :) ???

and get that certificate somehow

You don't need a visa to get this Residence Certificate

You don't need a visa to get a Thai Licence,

but without a non-Imm visa you will have only 1 year validity each time, not 5.

You don't need a visa to get this Residence Certificate

You don't need a visa to get a Thai Licence,

but without a non-Imm visa you will have only 1 year validity each time, not 5.

so what do I need to get res. cert.

photo, passport, and some bill from my gf condo enough ?

thx

Your passport and copies of all relevant pages.

Two photos for one permit or certificate, whatever it is called.

I gave them a copy of a rental receipt. You can maybe ask your girlfriend to give you a rental receipt in your name. But it should be professionally done - do not do it the way you write your posts here. There may be other ways of getting round in your situation. If you want to know what they are then ask a professional.

Incidentally, I got my licenses today - the process took a tad over two hours. It was straightforward, other than not knowing initially how to start (take a number), and the uncomfortable feeling caused by being unaware of what is round the corner.

I also had to get the International license copied again, because they wanted a certain page.

I was given two licenses, for car and bike. Dont know why it cannot be done on one, but mine not to question why.

Do an online search - there's plenty of material on what to take with you and what the process is.

Your passport and copies of all relevant pages.

Two photos for one permit or certificate, whatever it is called.

I gave them a copy of a rental receipt. You can maybe ask your girlfriend to give you a rental receipt in your name. But it should be professionally done - do not do it the way you write your posts here. There may be other ways of getting round in your situation. If you want to know what they are then ask a professional.

Incidentally, I got my licenses today - the process took a tad over two hours. It was straightforward, other than not knowing initially how to start (take a number), and the uncomfortable feeling caused by being unaware of what is round the corner.

I also had to get the International license copied again, because they wanted a certain page.

I was given two licenses, for car and bike. Dont know why it cannot be done on one, but mine not to question why.

Do an online search - there's plenty of material on what to take with you and what the process is.

thx

sorry 4 my language

My first lang. is polish :)

Was it theory thing in english ?

no probs. with communication/language ?

Take your girlfriend with you and tell her to bring info on her condo. 200 baht, take passport with.

That may work.

Bring tea money as well.

Mataleo - there is no need to be sorry. Your English works reasonably for everyday communicating, though I am not sure what you mean by: Was it theory thing in english ?

It's just that in a formal document it is better to have everything looking professional.

As to your question about visas, I have a two-entry tourist visa. No one questioned that.

You have enough information - now it is time to take the plunge! What is the worst that can happen - you will be refused and will need to walk for the rest of your life? Good for health.

Let us know how it goes.

I did not have to take any kind of test, other than the eye and reaction ones.

Maybe someone else can answer your question, if it has not already been answered somewhere on this board.

I mean theory test was in english?

I did not have to take any kind of test, other than the eye and reaction ones.

Maybe someone else can answer your question, if it has not already been answered somewhere on this board.

Yes, it's in English.

• 4 weeks later...

You will need a cert from Immigration for each license, so for car and bike, you will need two. They will cost 200 baht each and take about 30 minutes to complete.

If you have a 30 day on arrival stamp, you can still get the residency cert but they will state you only have a 30 day stamp and so you will only get a 1 year license.

If you are going to re new your license for a 5 year license, you will need a visa of some type to get the 5 year license. If you only have a 30 day stamp and are looking to re new a 5 year license, you will only get a 1 year license.

You will also need a medical cert (100 baht type)

residence letter(s)

passport pics

Existing Thai license (if you have one)

License from home country

copy of passport plus entry card

Two copies of everything

Fill out form at immigration office

Too easy so do it yourself

Any one who pays an agent to do this needs your head looking at

Edited by bigmick

Cheers

I am on 30 days extension but still got 2 more entries on my visa 60x2

So better wait till i out and back or no matter i get 1 year anyway..

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 4

I just got cought no licence no insurance on sukumvit 600 bath instead 1200

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 4

Why has your bike got no insurance? Or is that a secondary consequence of you not having a driving licence?

Don't you have an International Driving Permit?

They set up on Sukhumvit, heading South between Klang and Tai very frequently.... although you 'just got caught'...on a Sunday? That would be unusual, I am more used to weekday mornings.

Edited by jacko