Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Residency certificat for driving licence on trist visa

Why has your bike got no insurance? Or is that a secondary consequence of you not having a driving licence?

Don't you have an International Driving Permit?

They set up on Sukhumvit, heading South between Klang and Tai very frequently.... although you 'just got caught'...on a Sunday? That would be unusual, I am more used to weekday mornings.

Some people need money to buy mommy something nice.

• Downvote 1

Why has your bike got no insurance? Or is that a secondary consequence of you not having a driving licence?

Don't you have an International Driving Permit?

They set up on Sukhumvit, heading South between Klang and Tai very frequently.... although you 'just got caught'...on a Sunday? That would be unusual, I am more used to weekday mornings.

I used my gf bike, she drives car, She got business by Mimosa, so sometimes I help her bring this do that so drive to Pattaya and back.

I got no farang bike licence at all, just B for cars (UK), and international B car permit.

I knew i get ticket if no licence, but she forgot about something expiring, so it was exired. Think Insurance, like paper disc they keep under seat.

I was stop in middle way to mimosa, on red light, they got box there, pulling people, making extra money....

It was friday.

Cop was quite ok, not making big deal from it, he show me papers, it was 600 for no licence + 600 no insurance, I called gf and let him talk her.

She said just write him ticket, she will clear it later.

He was like ohh 2 things missing, discount discount, 600

so I give him 600, said thanks, ask i ok to go, he said ok go, and that was it :)

promotion 50%

no ticket

Theres few of them, some looks like higher rank, but they all in to it :)

I still have to drive there and back ehh might be stopped again....

got to keep business going on....

I am going to do licence asap...

Well the disc is actually rectangular and the annual tax/registration.

To renew it you do need a current and recent insurance certificate and there is a tear off bit at the bottom they keep.

Most people renew their compulsory (CTPL) insurance at the driving licence centre so they often expire about the same time.

So perhaps you had 3 violations, no licence, no registration and no insurance..... :D

The 'tax disc' for a car must be displayed, so you can see when it is due. The motorcycle one, under the seat maybe, sure it gets forgotten. I plug a reminder into my phone. Most Thais girls are airheads when it comes to things like this! But you try forgetting to pay them!!! :D

It was all quite fair.... but beware as the same guy or his friend will be looking out for you now.

Paying the fine 'directly' is cheaper and expedient of course.

I was watching a Thai guy slipping some notes from his pocket to a discrete hand only the other day as my licence was checked. He got off cheaply (200 baht). My policeman was disturbed I had a Thai licence as farangs are normally a good bet! I am sure many people get away with no licence for years on end just paying up the odd bit of money and taking detours.

All part of the fun of the place!

PS What/where is mimosa?

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

To renew it you do need a current and recent insurance certificate and there is a tear off bit at the bottom they keep.

Most people renew their compulsory (CTPL) insurance at the driving licence centre so they often expire about the same time.

So perhaps you had 3 violations, no licence, no registration and no insurance..... :D

The 'tax disc' for a car must be displayed, so you can see when it is due. The motorcycle one, under the seat maybe, sure it gets forgotten. I plug a reminder into my phone. Most Thais girls are airheads when it comes to things like this! But you try forgetting to pay them!!! :D

It was all quite fair.... but beware as the same guy or his friend will be looking out for you now.

I was watching a Thai guy slipping some notes from his pocket to a discrete hand only the other day as my licence was checked. He got off cheaply (200 baht). My policeman was disturbed I had a Thai licence as farangs are normally a good bet! I am sure many people get away with no licence for years on end just paying up the odd bit of money and taking detours.

PS What/where is mimosa?

Thx for info

yeh perhaps 3 violations :D

lucky they did not take away bike

just 600 bath promo :)

We got currency exchanges, if u need money exchange hit me up :)

Mataleo - its no good having something that shows where someone else lives - you have to have something that shows where you live - if there is nothing in your name at all then try getting your GF to write a letter explaining that you are residing with her and include a photocopy of her Thai ID card - that should be enough. You said earlier that you had a Thai bank account, so maybe you have some bank paperwork that shows your address - don't get too worried about it just go in with what you have and put in the application - if they aren't satisfied with what you show them, they will just tell you what they want to see and go away and come back with it - no charge and nothing lost except a ride to Soi 5 and back.

if i go on my own, witch electric bill from my gf condo I be ok ?

its her name on it

No, as the post above suggests, if you have your own bank account use a statement.

If you don't get a statement mailed, show the bankbook itself.

I deliberately had the utilities put in my name when I got the house..... relationships can fail and you are left with an awkward problem.

No, as the post above suggests, if you have your own bank account use a statement.

If you don't get a statement mailed, show the bankbook itself.

I deliberately had the utilities put in my name when I got the house..... relationships can fail and you are left with an awkward problem.

ok i see

i dont get any statement yet

its my gf condo, not mine

I try take bank book, electric bill, and may b her letter...

thanks

i neede to know i can get bike licence on turist visa :) ???

and get that certificate somehow

YES YOU CAN...

Just get your girl to ask the people that own her room to put your name on the bill..

my girl asked them for a copy as she just paid the bills a few days before and they just made copies and put my name on them.

thats what i did and it worked no problems..

Edited by lanzalad

YES YOU CAN...

Just get your girl to ask the people that own her room to put your name on the bill..

thats what i did and it worked no problems..

she owns it

but dont want to bother her like that, and may b too complicated

letter might be quicker and easier

if change electric bill name that means got to wait next month for new bill....

PS What/where is mimosa?

do u know where can i renewe tax and insurance for a scooter/moped

and how much it would be ?

thx

thx

I just went to the Mityon motorcycle dealer and asked them to do it. You need to give them your ownership book (green?) and it's less than 1k, as I recall.

Alternatively, you can do it yourself by going out to the Dept of Land Transport on Hwy 36.

• Upvote 1

thx

Both can be done at the vehicle registration centre on Rt 36.... opposite the Regents School..

Insurance outside....'tax' inside.

The CTPL insurance is about 325 baht, the tax/registration is only 100 baht I think.

If the bike is older than 5 years it requires an inspection.

Be aware that the obligatory CTPL insurance is very limited and you can end up with some 3rd party liability! I have supplementary motorcycle insurance.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Its old moped

So i guess need inspection

Where that can be done ehh

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 4

There are a few places near the registration centre I was told... but to be honest I send the TGF out to sort out things like this so don't know exactly myself.

The TGF informs me many car mechanic type places do the test and for a bike it is only 60-70 baht (for Thai maybe???)

As you head towards the licence place on 36 from Sukhumvit there is a place on the left about 100m after the crocodile farm junction.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1