Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Congrats to Lefty

You're quick!

Phil crept under the radar. Was cheering for Westwood but he can't putt when it matters!

Tiger also has lost his pressure putting instincts.

He putted very well over the 4 rounds,he couldnt hit a fairway the last 8 holes,thats what lost him the match,no putting.

Hi,

I'm not an expert on golf but I saw Phil's initials PM(Precious Metals) and had a small bet on him. :bhappy The golfing experts will hate that one.

Hi,

I'm not an expert on golf but I saw Phil's initials PM(Precious Metals) and had a small bet on him. :bhappy The golfing experts will hate that one.

Did that offset your loss on Sergio Garcia? :D

He putted very well over the 4 rounds,he couldnt hit a fairway the last 8 holes,thats what lost him the match,no putting.

Who? Woods or Westwood?

If you're talking about Woods, the experts and Tiger himself may disagree.

http://www.delawareonline.com/viewart/20130722/SPORTS1103/307220039/British-Open-Poor-putting-dooms-Tiger-Woods

As for Lee, sure his long game deserted him but his putting on the final day was certainly not on fire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/23405506

Westwood's stats at Muirfield were completely out of character. His traditional ball striking strength became his weakness. His usual fallibility on the greens was his mainstay. No one putted better over the first three days.

Despite getting to three under par - two clear of the field - after 54 holes, Westwood languished in 62nd place in the Greens in Regulation figures. Rarely does that level of inaccuracy yield a major champion.

This wasn't a choke. The fact is that the 40-year-old wasn't playing well enough at Muirfield to win.

Eventually the course caught up with him and when decent putts early in the final round - the kind that had been dropping earlier in the week - started to only shave the hole, the pressure on his long game became intolerable.

Let's hope Westie can find his A game for the final major.

:chogdee2

You're quick!

Phil crept under the radar. Was cheering for Westwood but he can't putt when it matters!

Tiger also has lost his pressure putting instincts.

Heck, on Sunday Westwood couldn't hit a fairway with an iron either. Nothing worked.

I think Tiger has the Major yips and is thoroughly psyched out in the grand slam tourneys...jmho...but, I think he's finished winning Major's.

He still has the talent but he does have some issues between the ears...and not just putting. His short game sucked. He was as bad as Westwood in hitting fairways and he made bad decisions.

On Saturday on 17, all he needed to do was not drive the ball into the fairway bunker but he did. A two shot swing.

He has only won majors from the lead. He cannot handle it when things go a bit south. He acts like a petulant child who expects everything to go his way and when it does not he is dour, often vulgar and can't correct the problems with his swing.

I am not sure he can catch Jack's 18 majors but he is capable, if things fall into place, to win another. If he wins one his confidence might return.

His body is aging and he has had a number of serious injuries. He does not seem capable of adjusting to what his body allows and that is mostly mental. He is still among the leaders despite all his issues.

Edited by midlifecrisis