Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sailor Bar and Restaurant is well-known for its cheap drinks and food. Since cheap booze in and of itself isn't a big attraction for me, I've never had a drink there and can't comment on the bar s

I'll take a wild stab at it, LOL.   Goulash and Egg Noodles.   Whatever it looks like, it could be delicious. What does a good bowl of Goulash look like anyway? Fucking food snobs are a joke.

Has nothing to do with "food snobs". I love to find good food at cheap places and if I do I usually rave about it. I know the same thing about Evil based on his reporting so if someone is trying to ha

Posted Images

I was a regular for the cheap breakfast when I lived in VT6, and would sometimes have a 30 baht noodle dish, but never tried the farang food there. My fondest memory of the Sailor Bar was overhearing a waitress saying "Fuck you, asshole." to a customer.

Tried the food twice as well as the breakfast.

Even the Schnitzel is not worth it's price, the potato salad is not very tasty, but might well be the best farang dish you can order.

Breakfast is quite ok in relation to 60 baht.

But the business plan seems good place is packed at night, always :clueless

place is packed at night, always :clueless

Maybe for the same reason the homeless shelter in NYC was packed every night.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you want to economize on food, are very hungry and have a strong stomach, you might do OK at the Sailor. Otherwise, give it a miss and head to the nearest street vendor where you'll get far better food. It's also service with a scowl at the Sailor. I've never seen unfriendlier waitresses anywhere else in Pattaya.

Evil

I enjoyed your tongue-extended review. :D.

For economy on farang food perhaps the Seaside around the corner or on Chayapoon... I would be interested for you to review that place. And was the waitress at the Sailor ex-Crazy Dave's?

Edited by jacko

Interesting observations here. I had never been in this place till last year and tried a light meal and it was just what I needed, cheap and filling. It has to be amongst the cheapest places in central Pattaya. Last month I did a return visit and had two meals there. The first was dreadful and the second they got the wrong item. This place is OK for many and fills a hole in the Pattaya scene but I think there has to be better out there.

The breakfast is good value: 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 slices ham, tiny hot dog, 2 slices of toast with butter and jam, orange juice, and coffee. I see from the pictures they've raised the price to 60 baht. If you want a cheap breakfast at 7:30 AM it's an option, just don't come before then because the staff will be having their breakfasts and will tell you to get lost.

PS i like the old pictures on the wall.

Edited by RhinoTusk

I enjoyed your tongue-extended review. :D.

For economy on farang food perhaps the Seaside around the corner or on Chayapoon... I would be interested for you to review that place. And was the waitress at the Sailor ex-Crazy Dave's?

I believe I remember reading somewhere that Seaside had closed and was for sale. Also read Crazy Dave's was up sale, but don't know if that's correct.

PS i like the old pictures on the wall.

Best thing about the Sailor!

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

But the business plan seems good place is packed at night, always :clueless

Have to,remember that........

Serve shite food.

Have abusive unfriendly staff who abuse the customers.

But serve it all cheap cheap cheap!

Says more about the clientèle.

• Upvote 1

The only restaurant I used to eat at in that area is Olala on soi7, mainly because I like to watch the traffic go buy. Gave up on European food there but the Thai dishes are still quite good.

Knock it all you like, but this bar has been an exemplary success since they first came on the scene (some 20 odd years ago). The food bit is just cashing in on a missing variation from Soi 8, and the clientele are most unlikely to be seeking cordon bleu; just what "they" would consider a proper meal, rather than street food. Booze has always been reasonably priced, and I really liked their "diminishing bar fine commensurate to ladydrinks bought" idea. Don't know whether that is still running. They have a good "business plan" I would say :thumbup Wouldn't get my custom though :bhappy Music drives me nuts ! :ninja:

• Upvote 1

I may be missing something here but the staff have never been an issue to me. I go into many restaurants and they take my order and deliver my food. This is exactly what this place does and I have never encountered any rudeness.

good review (:

I've a question for BMs - asked before but no one knew. There used to be 2 bars in there - Sailor Bar and another next door to it. SB then took over the whole floor space. Anyone remember the other bar's name? They'd have girls dancing on the bar top - revolutionary, maybe, in 1995-ish and blasted the music far too loud too compete with SB.

I believe I remember reading somewhere that Seaside had closed and was for sale.

I walked past the other evening and it seemed to be business as normal......

good review (:

I've a question for BMs - asked before but no one knew. There used to be 2 bars in there - Sailor Bar and another next door to it. SB then took over the whole floor space. Anyone remember the other bar's name? They'd have girls dancing on the bar top - revolutionary, maybe, in 1995-ish and blasted the music far too loud too compete with SB.

Hollywood bar at that time.

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
Guest King_Midas

I may be missing something here but the staff have never been an issue to me. I go into many restaurants and they take my order and deliver my food. This is exactly what this place does and I have never encountered any rudeness.

Afraid the dissenters have an axe to grind as usual.....

Probably the most popular Bar and eatery in Pattaya for a reason......Value for money....simple as

Guest King_Midas

good review (:

No wasn't two Bars. The other section was a restaurant not owned by the Sailor Bar but coveted by Eve the owner for some time. Eventually she brought it and opened the restaurant herself.....

Sailor Club was opened for a couple years in the late 90's about 30 Metres up Soi 8 from Sailor Bar on the left from Beach Rd end roughly where Golden Time Bar is now

Edited by King_Midas

Their Tom Yam goong is great. I'll post a pic of it. also, the chicken friend rice is very good indeed.

The Thai menu is fairly good tbh, which is the reason I avoid the Western one.

• Upvote 1