Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good Curry House in Central Parts

Hi.... does anyone know of a good Indian curry house in Central Patts? I used to like the one in the Papagayo arcade, but the chef left about 18m ago and his Burmese replacement wasn't so good.

Tried one up near Central but the ambience was pretty close to zero.

I need my biriyanis and vindaloos !

Those are my 2 favoured dishes, well Phalls in place of Vindaloo anyway, and I have yet to find a good example of either in the whole of Pattaya. The one at the Sai 2 end of Soi Post Office (name escapes me at the mo', but very close to the Hot & Cold horror show) did the best Biryani that I have had, but it was a couple of years back, and the cooks do change; it also wasn't that great.

Whilst I am still travelling I tend to leave the Indian food to UK, Singapore or UAE nowadays!

Those are my 2 favoured dishes, well Phalls in place of Vindaloo anyway, and I have yet to find a good example of either in the whole of Pattaya. The one at the Sai 2 end of Soi Post Office (name escapes me at the mo', but very close to the Hot & Cold horror show) did the best Biryani that I have had, but it was a couple of years back, and the cooks do change; it also wasn't that great.

Whilst I am still travelling I tend to leave the Indian food to UK, Singapore or UAE nowadays!

Was that the one that was on the 2nd floor on the corner? That was a great place, but I'm pretty sure its closed.

If you are a curry fan and happen to be in Bangkok, I would strongly suggest checking out Bhanga Mahl (sp?) in the Rembrandt Hotel. The Sunday brunch is to die for.

Tikka Centre on Soi Boukaow, at the junction of Boukaow and Honey. Not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination, but a spot on curry. Chiken Tikka Masala, popadoms, Tandoori Roti and a soda came in at about 200 baht. I went 3 times on my last trip and it was always good. I'd had it recommended via a thread on Secrets I seem to remember.

Im from Bradford btw so I know my Rubys

• Upvote 1

Tikka Centre on Soi Boukaow, at the junction of Boukaow and Honey. Not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination, but a spot on curry. Chiken Tikka Masala, popadoms, Tandoori Roti and a soda came in at about 200 baht. I went 3 times on my last trip and it was always good. I'd had it recommended via a thread on Secrets I seem to remember.

Thanks. I have heard good things about this place and have been hoping for a revue.

Yes I went there based on a recommendation.

Most certainly not the Ritz, nor a restaurant, you would be stretching your imagination to call it a cafe.

Similar to being invited into someone's kitchen for a meal.

Personally not too impressed with it.....

Yes I went there based on a recommendation.

Most certainly not the Ritz, nor a restaurant, you would be stretching your imagination to call it a cafe.

Similar to being invited into someone's kitchen for a meal.

Personally not too impressed with it.....

Me neither

Funnily enough I thought the curries in Crazy Daves were much better lol

Me neither

Funnily enough I thought the curries in Crazy Daves were much better lol

Someone mentioned Crazy Dave's was up-for-sale (maybe Evil) recently...I rode past yesterday and everything looked normal. Plenty of advertising notices for quite a menu, and a reasonable number of customers.......

Has he not had the place up for sale (at a "crazy" price of course) ever since he moved in there? Much the same as most privately owned Pubs in the UK are; in possible anticipation of some "sucker" coming along!

Parry, is the Karachie Restaurant still in Neil Street. That's where I was introduced to Indian Currys.

Bloody fantastic they were too.

Could eat them every day.

It doesn't sound very promising. You'd think with so many visitors from the sub continent (India) there'd be some benefit arising from their presence. Maybe it will take a year or two...

It doesn't sound very promising. You'd think with so many visitors from the sub continent (India) there'd be some benefit arising from their presence. Maybe it will take a year or two...

Have you ever seen an Indian eating in a Indian restaurant.....? Those cheap cunts would rather cook their own currys in the 10 to a room condo that they stay in and not spend a baht more than necessary on food......!

+ 1 for Tikka Centre.

If you want a decent curry then this is a good place to try; you might like it, you might not but its relatively good value so worth a trip one night. As stated, don't expect a fancy nancy restaurant. Also quite popoular with Indian/Arab visitors if that is a recommendation.

I tried Tikka centre. Vegetable samosas were excellent. I had lamb vindaloo and butter chicken. They were ok, not as good as in Aussie. Still can't find a beef vindaloo anywhere. I'll keep looking.

Been one today,a total of 7 indians,male,and 1 beautiful indian lady,plus me and my thaigf,this was 1pm lunch time, u ok now.

Have you ever seen an Indian eating in a Indian restaurant.....? Those cheap cunts would rather cook their own currys in the 10 to a room condo that they stay in and not spend a baht more than necessary on food......!

Been one today,a total of 7 indians,male,and 1 beautiful indian lady,plus me and my thaigf,this was 1pm lunch time, u ok now.

Where they eating with their hands ! , filthy cunts , and i bet their bill was no more than 500 b for the 7 of them......!

• 8 months later...

I had a very nice curry in Jomtien yesterday 'Real Indian Curry'

New management and chef. Good enough for me when I get that curry urge. No dramatic bowel movements this morning always reassuring. You never know what's in them.

Here's an interesting pre PC clip from Spike …….It would not make it to the screen today.

I had a very nice curry in Jomtien yesterday 'Real Indian Curry'

Where abouts in Jomtien?

Like the clip, even without any background on the skit. I'm no so sure that it would flunk the PC test in the States, but that might be because the Pakistani community is less visible here.

Edited by nkped

Where abouts in Jomtien?

Like the clip, even without any background on the skit. I'm no so sure that it would flunk the PC test in the States, but that might be because the Pakistani community is less visible here.

As you turn away from the beach about 300 meters on the left.

It's an old clip and from a time before you could call down a fatwah upon your head just by scratching your arse whilst facing mecca.

A prescient clip too in-as-much as today Burka'd-up ladies are often referred to amongst us infidels as Daleks!!

Edited by atlas2

Went to Tikka centre last week. Bland,bland bland.

About 1200 baht for 4 with 2 cokes and our two girls with us ordered basic Thai dishes. Nothing to recommend here.

Went to Tikka centre last week. Bland,bland bland.

About 1200 baht for 4 with 2 cokes and our two girls with us ordered basic Thai dishes. Nothing to recommend here.

I don't know where you live in Canada but I've tried about a dozen Indian restaurants in the Calgary area and not one has been worth a second visit, terrible curries, all of them, whereas I tried this place last night and had the chicken tikka masala extra spicy and it was great, just like you get in a good UK restaurant.