Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I need a bit of info especially from any of you out in L.O.S.at the moment.I'm heading back to Siam in July and i'm tossing up on two hotels at the moment.Flipper house on soi7 have a very good offer on 'off season' it's 750 Baht per night but if you stay 5 nights you pay for 4,if you stay 7 nights you pay for 5 or if you stay 14 nights you pay for 10.I tried E-mailing them only for my efforts to bounce back on me.I really wanted to know if their offer also applied to their sister hotel Flipper lodge On soi8?I also wanted to ask them what sort of deal i'd get for an 18 night stay at Flipper lodge on soi 7.The other hotel i've been making tentative enquiries about is Sunshine hotel on soi8.They also have a deal of free nights depending on the length of your stay.Their rooms were quoted at B770(before discount).But they also have rooms for B500 but have told me via E-mail that these rooms are not available with a discount!!I found this strange as i am aware Pattaya is a buyers market at the moment with a big drop in tourism.I usually stay in hotels at around B500 in central/south pattaya areas so i'd appreciate anyone with some good feedback on any 'good deals' in Funcity :) THE DRUID.

hi  staying in  Flipper on soi 8  June3rd for 9 nights  been offered 700 baht for city view or 770 baht for seaview room .if this is any help

Nice deal. Why not call them? www.flippergroup.com

I always stay at the Sunshine myself - I like the location and the rooms are fairly large.  Make sure they put you in the new wing tho if you stay there.

Also, if you can get a good deal on the "deluxe" rooms opt for that.

Ask for a high floor with a seaview - it's nice to hang out on the balcony and survey the scenery.

Rad

Please remember that western logic does not apply in Thailand.

I am staying at the Flipper house on Soi 7 during the month of July.  I booked early and got a rate of 650 baht/night for the month in the old wing.  When I heard about the offer on the internet, I went back to them and asked for an improvement in the rate.  

Their reply was to give me the first 14 days at the 14 for 10 day rate of 535 baht a day and then increase the rate to 600 baht a day for the rest of my stay.  Does any of this make sense?

Remember, TIT.

I have never tried the flipper but after reading the board it seem like it much better than the Sunshine.

I have been at Sunshine two times and will not recomend the room in the old wing. Maby the new wing is better. In summer i give it a go on the Eastiny inn longer down soi 8.

These hotels make me laugh. They say hotel preview and show their best room available (www.flipp[ergroup.com) I wish they would show you a room for all classes. I presume their pictures are the suites or deluxe class. Anybody can comfirm because the rooms on both these properties look fine.

Guest Fatboyfat
These hotels make me laugh. They say hotel preview and show their best room available (www.flipp[ergroup.com) I wish they would show you a room for all classes. I presume their pictures are the suites or deluxe class. Anybody can comfirm because the rooms on both these properties look fine.

Well Floyd I can vouch that the room shown for the Flipper Lodge is the normal Seaview (I can see the sea in the window!) Room in the original building. The city view rooms are the same but without the view. The rooms in the annex are slightly different (better in my opinion) but are at the same rates, city or sea view.

I'm not sure about Deluxe room quoted, they never quote those when you book or walk in. Suites,(only 2), need to be booked a long time in advance, (years at times!)

Can't vouch for House piccys, never stayed there.

I've stayed at the Flipper House twice most recent for 17 nights left on 13th May, they were just putting the offer banners outside.

The picture of the room on the site looked very like my delux room in the new wing, as it was classed as high season I was paying the internet rate 1300 less 20%  just over 1000.

Last Oct, 850 so the offer prices look pretty good.

Great hotel and service, although the in house massage girls didn't look too hot this time

Steve    

Guest Fatboyfat

So what's the difference between the Deluxe and standard then. IMHO the deluxe is probably some kind of high season scam. I only question this, as on one hand I am saying and am certain that the room pictured is the standard that I have stayed in, and steveg is sure that it is the deluxe room that he has stayed in. IE same room, different rates ???

Tis a good hotel though; however the fact that there are some "ugly old slappers" offering "all in massage" on hand in the foyer is the last thing that should influence one's hotel choice in a place like Pattaya !

I think maybe the difference between the standard and deluxe may be where the room is located, both times I stayed there I was the last room on the left at the end of the corridor on the new wing, next to the fire escape, first time on the 7th floor second time on the 5th

You are away from all the noise of Soi 7 as it is at the back of the hotel, but as the earliest I usually went to sleep was 5am who cares!

Steve

I stayed in a suite at the Flipper House this month and payed 1040 bahts per night.  Check CJ Trip Report "The One Who Stayed Behind" for pictures of bed and shower size.

CJ   [smiley=beer.gif]

Guest Fatboyfat
I think maybe the difference between the standard and deluxe may be where the room is located, both times I stayed there I was the last room on the left at the end of the corridor on the new wing, next to the fire escape, first time on the 7th floor second time on the 5th

You are away from all the noise of Soi 7 as it is at the back of the hotel, but as the earliest I usually went to sleep was 5am who cares!

Steve

Aha

Just sussed the confusion. My fault, not really reading the posts thoroughly! I was talking about the Lodge on Soi 8 and you were describing House on Soi 7.

It looks like i'm swaying towards staying at Flipper house on soi 7.The only problem i've had is that i've sent them numerous E-mails but have never had a reply back.Can anyone tell me if they've changed their E-mail address.Ihave been sending to Booking @flippergroup.com. ???The Druid.

Have had the same experience. I called them and told them I wanted to book a room via email. After this, they have responded to all my mails.

Try this address:

flipperptty@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

Hi there.....

Can anyone tell me if the construction on the old wing of the Sunshine has improved the rooms at all? Everyone says the old wing is not that good....any information on this? It sounds like a great deal for 500 baht/night.

I have stayed at the Beach View previously but it is a little too far from everything. I am looking for something in the Soi 7 or 8 area and don't really want to spend too much ( I have to save the cash for "other" things...haha)

I would appreciate some help.....

Cheers!!