Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Its been a while as I had problems logging in, not sure why but found I can now so would like to say "Hi" again and update Canterbury Tales.

W e have a huge amount of books, more than ever and we have worked hard still to have the best choice in this great City.

We still offer a reasonable breakfast as have been doing so since 2005, 2 eggs, 2 bacon, sausage, beans, tomato, toast, tea or coffee & orange juice for 90 baht, we also offer other main meals and Thai food.

we have 25 rooms in 4 buildings all close together in the soi ranging from 400 per night for a smallish budget room to 700 for a really big studio style room, all as standard have A/C, fan, en-suite hot water shower, large fridge, kettle, TV, DVD player, most have either 3 piece suit or sofa/sofa bed & recliner, 32" flat screen TV, balcony etc

We offer discount on a week or more booking and monthly rates.all the best Dave

post-17186-0-63189500-1376153783_thumb.jpgpost-17186-0-49329400-1376154990_thumb.jpgpost-17186-0-93616700-1376154097_thumb.jpg

Edited by thaidave991
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't resist this     Subject: :-) A New Password Website: Sorry your password has expired - you must register a new one. User: Did anyone discover that password and hack my computer?

Its been a while as I had problems logging in, not sure why but found I can now so would like to say "Hi" again and update Canterbury Tales. W e have a huge amount of books, more than ever and we hav

Yes it can get boisterous and I do try to control it if it gets too much and conversations can get heated too, sometimes its difficult and point taken but its not too often, I know the guy you mean in

Posted Images

Those are nice big well equipped rooms but the colors are awful. whose idea was it to go with pink walls and green floors?

It wouldn't take much to fix these rooms up.

Those are nice big well equipped rooms but the colors are awful. whose idea was it to go with pink walls and green floors?

It wouldn't take much to fix these rooms up.

I heartily concur there old boy.

Yes pink tiles in the shower room, blue turquoise floor in the room itself, not easy to retile and not too long spent in the shower room but only one room like that, left the builders alone for too long unfortunately.

Never had anyone move out because of the tile colour.

Lesson that I learned the hard way. When you are having tile laid, you need to be there.

I had tile laid in part of my house and liked it so well that I decided to tile more. Well the supplier changed the pattern of the tiles, but the contractor just kept working.

So I paid him to remove the new tile as I went looking for a replacement. I ended up having to hand pick each tile because the variations in the later lots was much greater than the original lot.

If you don't want to replace the tile, drop some carpet on it. Paint the walls that can be painted. Get rid of the nik nak on the walls and place some cheap paintings. Do all that and most customers will ignore the bathroom has long as it is clean with no mildew around the edges.

You may not be having customers leave, but you have either had customers turn away, or customers willing to pay more turned away leaving you with lower profits.

BTW, I love your book store and have bought several new and used books there. I have eaten there also. It would be nice if you could partition off an area that is air conditioned.

I'm making these comments because I like your business and want it to continue to succeed.

Question, do you have WIFI? I would say this to everyone. Hire someone that knows how to install WIFI properly to avoid dead or weak spots. Its amazing how many 4 and 5 star hotels claim to have WIFI yet it isn't properly installed.

Edited by short

Points taken on the colour scheme and will relate to them in due course, happy that your happy with the bookshop etc and am always happy to listen to constructive criticism.

Yes we have good wifi, used to get complaints but had a pro in yrs back to improve the system, it still pops off now and again but no one much mentions problems anymore with it so seems all ok, we have a 12 meg connection at the bookshop so try it when your in next if you can.

Dave, you've not seen much of me the last year, where before I was in at least every two weeks for breakfast and to buy some books.

The reason for my absence is summed up in one word...KINDLE.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

And there was me thinking I had upset you, yes kindles etc becoming more read, which is why I am looking into them, but many still like a book thankfully.

ps, I have a book or two on PDF well worth reading so email me and I will email them back to you free or any member who reads off their PC or kindle etc.

canterburytalescafe@hotmail.com

Edited by thaidave991

Next time i need english brekkie i will try u again.A couple of times in the past i have taken my gf to your place for brekkie,and some guys have been using realy bad language,which isnt very nice,and shows no respect for a lady eating.

I have had this once at irish rovers too,some guys had been drinking all night,but a total lack of respect for the patrons eating.In Pattaya we all have choices,as to how we spend our money,and things like that,certainly affects how i spend my money.

Hope to try your breakfast soon

we all have choices,as to how we spend our money,and things like that,certainly affects how i spend my money.

So true.

I work customer service. You can rack up years of goodwill and one incident can ruin the relationship.

Yes it can get boisterous and I do try to control it if it gets too much and conversations can get heated too, sometimes its difficult and point taken but its not too often, I know the guy you mean in particular and he hardly comes in these days.

Cheers Dave

• Upvote 1

ok mate,not a problem on my own.I did drop some books off last time for u,so a free piece of toast would be ok heheheheheheheh.Try to get in tomorrow,as u have got a good brekkie menu there.

Yes it can get boisterous and I do try to control it if it gets too much and conversations can get heated too, sometimes its difficult and point taken but its not too often, I know the guy you mean in particular and he hardly comes in these days. Cheers Dave

So true.

I work customer service. You can rack up years of goodwill and one incident can ruin the relationship.

Totaly agree,but i arent the type that one incident would stop me going to a place that i have had good service from,but i do understand whereu are coming from,was i nthe sales and management industry most of my life

Do you have rooms on the ground floor? I'm disabled and have a difficult time going up steps.

The above looks good. I arrive in Pattaya 16 February and leave 6 March. What is you best rate?

Any readers out there I can recommend this place for books. I always bring books with me and have never had a problem trading these in for others at the CT. Whereas MM mentioned Kindle my issue is a bit different. There are at least two libraries in the hotel that I stay in of books I presume are left by guests. I am aware however that the offering at the CT has some really interesting Thai books of the Private Dancer sort and the selection is the best that I have seen in Pattaya.

Thanks for that Teelak, we have worked hard over the yrs to gain the best selection in this great City, we have sections on most subjects and many of the newly released fiction books come in on a regular basis.

Some examples;post-17186-0-28194200-1376409211_thumb.jpgpost-17186-0-28759300-1376409221_thumb.jpg

Most if not all Stephen Leather books

post-17186-0-05803100-1376409239_thumb.jpg

A large selection of Classics such as GRaham Greene

post-17186-0-65175400-1376409290_thumb.jpg

Clarkson

post-17186-0-47696200-1376409352_thumb.jpg

Coelho and many more

post-17186-0-60193600-1376409401_thumb.jpg

A room above a bookstore in Pattaya down the street from a number of ago go bars. That's about as debauched as it gets. :thumbup