Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't forget Dortmund v München. :thumbup

Hi,

I was wondering why Bayern were such strong favs. Dortmund were several defenders short.

Edited by wacmedia
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

A few rumors floating about ...

Tottenham and England striker Jermain Defoe has agreed an incredible £90,000-a-week move to Major League Soccer side Toronto FC, according to the Daily Mirror.

The report adds: "The 31-year-old has shattered the hopes of domestic clubs bidding to land him in January by accepting a stunning four-year offer to move to Canada. Defoe said yes to the deal, also worth £6m to the White Hart Lane club, last week.

"It is understood he will discuss the implications for his World Cup prospects with England boss Roy Hodgson."

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is clinging to his job after Sunday's 6-0 defeat at Manchester City prompted the north London club's hierarchy to question whether he remains the manager to establish them in the Premier League's top four, according to the Guardian.

The report adds: "The embarrassment at the Etihad Stadium was keenly felt by the club's chairman, Daniel Levy, and the owner, Joe Lewis, who had initially been angry after the 3-0 home defeat by West Ham United on 6 October and Villas-Boas's hard-luck-story when he read of the defeat.

"Most alarmingly, Villas-Boas has struggled to get the best from the new signings, particularly Erik Lamela who, at nearly £30m from Roma, is the most expensive in Tottenham's history. Given his difficulty in adapting, it was a surprise that Villas-Boas introduced him for his full league debut at City."

My thoughts:

Firstly, I loved the attacking footy Tottenham were playing under 'arry. But those days now seem ancient history.

Defoe is a handy player who is way under utilized by AVB, as is Adebayor.

Don't know why the manager plays only one striker, should play two.

Spurs' formation is not right, AVB given a lot of money and it will take a season to bed in but it's looking dicey for him, you can't spend 90 million quid and lose 6-0

As we saw with guys like Giroud, who is having a fantastic season and is playing with so much confidence, it takes time to settle into the EPL. The Frenchman beefed up in the off season and looks world class.

So next up for Tottenham is Man U, at least they are home, but there are worrying signs.

If AVB goes, who would step in?

BTW, who is this Lamela? 30 million quid on the bench!

Edited by Dungheap

Defoe seems to be one of those "unfortunate" players who never seems to do much wrong, but is dropped for long periods, normally to accomadate some "show pony". Crouch used to suffer in a similar way. I don't blame him chasing the limelight over in the States.

Hi,

Man Utd had a great win in Germany during the week so must come into the game against Spurs full of confidence. AVB is getting some stick in the media and from the Spurs fans. I'm having a small bet on the AH on Spurs. They have a terrible record against MU but I'm a gambler.

Hi,

Man Utd had a great win in Germany during the week so must come into the game against Spurs full of confidence. AVB is getting some stick in the media and from the Spurs fans. I'm having a small bet on the AH on Spurs. They have a terrible record against MU but I'm a gambler.

Funny enough the drubbing they got at City was odd, AVB has packed the midfield all year v city he put a attacking team out....

If he lacks it again I can see Spurs getting a draw, Rooney aside I am not convinced with Man. Utd this year, De Gea is getting better though....

Chelsea for the league

Arsenal played well today. Again. The two teams from Manchester had only got 1p in two matches in this season in Cardiff.

Hi,

Yeah, great win for Arsenal as the other top teams have found Cardiff a difficult venue. Mesut Ozil and Quade Cooper in town on the same day, Cardiff was the place to be yesterday. Everton looked good against Stoke as well with the young Barcelona player looking outstanding. Jol looks toast at Fulham and AVB is under pressure at Spurs. I'm glad Norwich won yesterday as Hughton seems a nice guy and I hope he can keep his job.

Stoke had a new arse ripped yesterday

Everton looked pretty good ... whether they have a good enough (large) squad to get through the winter is another matter. Newcastle are also looking better without the distraction of European football.

Sturridge out of action for 4 to 6 weeks. Should see Liverpool slowly fade away now.

Along with ... :bhappy

Must-win game for Stoke against Cardiff.

Man City growing as contenders for the title, IMHO.

Can Arsenal hang on as the pressure mounts?

Ramsey's wonder season continues.

Hi,

I thought Welbeck put his trailing leg into Lloris to get the penalty for Man Utd. Nothing about it in the media, if that was Suarez the cheating foreigner card would be played. IMO Welbeck is a chating toerag.

Hi,

I thought Welbeck put his trailing leg into Lloris to get the penalty for Man Utd. Nothing about it in the media, if that was Suarez the cheating foreigner card would be played. IMO Welbeck is a chating toerag.

Yes was quite funny, all of a sudden his trailing leg is hugging the ground....funny running style... It was cheating

Yes was quite funny, all of a sudden his trailing leg is hugging the ground....funny running style... It was cheating

Hi,

I think the only way it will be taken out of the game is red cards. I dont care what team is involved I dont like it. It was a foreign problem in the past but English players are just as "good" at it now as anyone.

Agree Wacmedia but it's often too tough a call for the officials alone.

The EPL should adopt video technology, red card any divers (including on review) and throw in a three-match suspension to boot!

Amazing how many of these world-class players can trail a leg when it suits them to fall.

FIFA's stance that "human error is part of the game" is outdated.

Too much is at stake nowadays.

It will give the fourth official something to really do apart from having to listen to abuse from the rival benches.

The EPL should adopt video technology, red card any divers (including on review) and throw in a three-match suspension to boot!

Amazing how many of these world-class players can trail a leg when it suits them to fall.

It will give the fourth official something to really do apart from having to listen to abuse from the rival benches.

Hi,

Good post.

Agree Wacmedia but it's often too tough a call for the officials alone.

It makes me laugh people moaning at refs, it's an impossible job 22 people cheating... How can he get anything right ?

But it's like the nasty tackles,,, there is no intent now , which is lunacy....

Hi,

I think the only way it will be taken out of the game is red cards. I dont care what team is involved I dont like it. It was a foreign problem in the past but English players are just as "good" at it now as anyone.

I would like to see 3rd referee opinion on penalty decisions.

IE a fast review of recordings..... referees are rarely looking the right way and easily taken in by histrionics.

And like you, see punishment for 'diving'...... although sending off some of the bigger miscreants would be a brave referee decision too!

I would like to see 3rd referee opinion on penalty decisions.

IE a fast review of recordings..... referees are rarely looking the right way and easily taken in by histrionics.

And like you, see punishment for 'diving'...... although sending off some of the bigger miscreants would be a brave referee decision too!

You'd need multiple cameras at every match.

It makes me laugh people moaning at refs, it's an impossible job 22 people cheating... How can he get anything right ?

But it's like the nasty tackles,,, there is no intent now , which is lunacy....

Agreed!

Enough cameras at the grounds now to do it in the EPL. Wouldn't slow the game down any more than the usual theatrics of rolling on the ground, begging the ref for a spot kick, arguing with the ref, etc!

Big win for Palace last night!

Edited by Dungheap

Hi,

I'n not one of his fans but it would be a great effort from Pulis if he can keep Palace up. Everton travel to Old Trafford tonight and although United have dropped 4 points on the road recently this is a tough game for Everton. The other game which catches the eye is Stoke v Cardiff. Cardiff have done well at home, but are struggling away from Cardiff and this is a must win for both teams.

Hi,

I'n not one of his fans but it would be a great effort from Pulis if he can keep Palace up. Everton travel to Old Trafford tonight and although United have dropped 4 points on the road recently this is a tough game for Everton. The other game which catches the eye is Stoke v Cardiff. Cardiff have done well at home, but are struggling away from Cardiff and this is a must win for both teams.

Sounded like a typical Pullis performance, 36% of play at home,but the three points are invaluable

Edited by bratpack

Agreed!

Enough cameras at the grounds now to do it in the EPL. Wouldn't slow the game down any more than the usual theatrics of rolling on the ground, begging the ref for a spot kick, arguing with the ref, etc!

Big win for Palace last night!

Surely, with many cameras and modern technology this could be done.

They could have slow motion 3D panning replays like the fight scenes in The Matrix.

They have had retrospective bans for diving, gleaned from post match videos, for a couple of years now in the Scrotish Premier League. (Also Serie A in Italy, I believe). I don't watch SPL football, but staff that do assure me that it works reasonably well, although there are the odd gripes, seemingly based on the fact that the result still stands, which would be really difficult to compensate for. It also has been simple to impose; once the clubs somewhat surprisingly voted for it; and guilty cheats attract an automatic 2 match ban.

Hi,

Great away win for Everton against Man Utd. Martinez's signings have improved the team. Man Utd need to buy some midfield talent in the window. Arsenal win to 0, which is encouraging for gooners as City and Chelsea are conceding plenty of goals at the moment.