Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am sure Mr Moyes and Mr Ferguson will be doing that ASAP , that kid looks like he's going to be a good un......!

I wouldn't bank on it! This is my team, and I plus several other ticket holders in my vicinity are getting more and more pissed off with these antics, which are almost certainly coming from the Carrington Road training ground. Young,Nani,Janovic,Welbeck, and a few others, even a noticedly reluctant Rooney on occasions, are at it. I would be interested to hear from a Villa supporter wrt Young's play when he was there; I don't recollect him being a diver there, just a very effective penalty taker. We do appear to be the "diviest" team in the premiership and it has to stop. Even Ronaldo seems to stay upright nowadays since his move! I was putting it down to a predominantly continental coaching staff over the years, but that is no longer the case. Anyway, rant over, and a good win against Fat Sam's pathetic attempts to play with a "ghost" striker !
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

Hi,

Everton produce another great performance to get into the top 4. Stoke beat Villa to go into the top half of the table on Saturday. Mark Hughes seems to be having a good effect on their style of football. Man City seem to be the strongest team at the moment but struggled to beat a poor Fulham team. Man Utd are going through a period of playing weak opposition but will have to be better when they play stronger teams. Arsenal need at least a draw tonight to stay in the mix.

Hi,

Liverpool top at Christmas :clap1 . Who would have thought ? Chelsea were negative last night but a draw wasn't too bad for either team. Not a bad game IMO despite the talking heads saying it was dire. Difficult conditions to play in, very windy and heavy rain.

My hope is Liverpool to break the dominance and win the premier league,but i hope it goes to the last match too,amazing excitement,if this happens.

Dont fancy stoke city,s next 4 games

Newcastle away

spurs away

Everton home

Liverpool home

be happy with 4 points from this lot

Hi,

Liverpool top at Christmas :clap1 . Who would have thought ? Chelsea were negative last night but a draw wasn't too bad for either team. Not a bad game IMO despite the talking heads saying it was dire. Difficult conditions to play in, very windy and heavy rain.

Where they are at the halfway point on 31st December will be a better guide as to how far they've really progressed ... with Suarez though, anything could happen ... :ninja:

That said, it's not inconceivable that they could go into the New Year's Day games in 4th or 5th place.

Edited by CheshireTom

My hope is Liverpool to break the dominance and win the premier league,but i hope it goes to the last match too,amazing excitement,if this happens.

Newcastle away

spurs away

Everton home

Liverpool home

Agree mate. But those games won't decide our season. I think four points could be anbitious but we can only hope for a few Xmas hangovers ... :ninja: :D

Agree mate. But those games won't decide our season. I think four points could be anbitious but we can only hope for a few Xmas hangovers ... :ninja: :D

Gawd … I thought you might have had a chance on that first one, but not with 9 men! Nobody is really saying much about Newcastle (remarkable for the normally verbose Geordies), but they are riding quite high at the moment.

Top results more or less went to plan yesterday, but a lot of turn-ups at the bottom. City are "something else" at home nowadays, and I reckon Barcelona will not be too happy with their Champion's League draw.

Belated Merry Xmas to participants of the most civilised Footie thread, ever !

Aye, "Bah, humbug!", said Martin Atkinson.

What's with Tim Howard? 4 yellows and a red to his name this season. Is he a slow learner, or what? :clueless

Edited by CheshireTom

Nobody is really saying much about Newcastle (remarkable for the normally verbose Geordies), but they are riding quite high at the moment.

They're just a bit wary about supporting the French. I think they should adopt La Marseillaise at St James'. They wouldn't even have to learn the words ... just make them up as they go along .... :thumbup

Stoke were stuffed royally by the ref but we've been riding our luck with bookings of late. Shit happens! Newcastle are a quality team playing with a lot of confidence.

Hardest thing for the Potters is Begovic is out for SIX weeks. Reserve keeper Sorensem no longer the player he was, no longer EPL standard.

Huge win for Sunderland and Palace getting some momentum.

Stoke were stuffed royally by the ref but we've been riding our luck with bookings of late. Shit happens! Newcastle are a quality team playing with a lot of confidence.

Hardest thing for the Potters is Begovic is out for SIX weeks. Reserve keeper Sorensem no longer the player he was, no longer EPL standard.

Huge win for Sunderland and Palace getting some momentum.

Hughes been done by the FA, Peter Coates complains to the FA,after that miserable fucking ref,s performance.He has history with stoke and Hughes,a while back.Newcastle were crap to be honest,and for 38 mintes stoke were in complete control of the the game,then 5 mins later Atkinson gives the game to Newcastle.First goal a defelction,second,originaly a hand ball by newcastle plAYER,third,ball out of play,should have been a goal kick.Newcastle are riding their luck at the moment,and hope they can feel what stoke fans felt,about that abysmal perfomance by ref

Newcastle away

spurs away

Everton home

Liverpool home

Liverpool pelted well v City, but City were a bit too strong in areas...

Why Skyrtel was busy fouling Kompany rather than attacking the ball,,, the the idiot keep off his line.. Some of these keepes ball watch so much and edge further and further out... Crazy if he was on his line the ball hits him in the face...

Credit to City for playing proper football , with the money they should,, Chelsea stinking the place out, scared to play Arsenal, man for man they are far superior...

Good to see Liverpool do well a proper club....

Huge win for Hull! Didn't see that coming, thought the Cottagers were on the rebound.

Fulham used to be solid at home, which covered their miserable away form but even that has gone pair-shaped.

In a cunning stunt, I binned Ozil for Yaya in my fantasy team, even slung him the armband, only to be left slumped in my sake as he was rested. :angry2

Looking forward to the Newcastle vs Arsenal game tonight. I recall when the Toon came back from 4-0 down to draw.

Can Stoke tame a sharpened Spurs?

Edited by Dungheap

Looking forward to the Newcastle vs Arsenal game tonight. I recall when the Toon came back from 4-0 down to draw.

Made even more memorable by Cheick Tioté actually scoring. With wins already in the bag against Chelsea and Man Utd, I'll be hoping for a big-name treble and watching Tioté's return - the Toon missed his considerable presence early on against Stoke. Another hard game for Liverpool on the cards ... their players will be totally knackered before they host Hull on New Year's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2sTWK4cTvI

Edited by CheshireTom

You a Newcastle fan, Tom?

I'm hoping Liverpool is well buggered by the time Stoke face them shortly.

I remember that goal well by Tiote. As likely as Dave Kitson scoring for Stoke in his "prime!"

Edited by Dungheap

You a Newcastle fan, Tom?

I think they were my 'tip' for the team to watch last season and I praised Pardew - end result; almost relegated. :ninja: I've always had a soft spot for them since the Texaco Cup games against Hearts ... no away goals rule, so they beat us on penalties.

Big wins for Arsenal and Chelsea last night.

Fatigue now kicking in with many teams that don't have deep squads.

This end of year barrage of games designed to accommodate a few friendlies in the good months is daft!

Stoke looked lost all game, while Spurs have really picked up but the big test for them will come against Man U.

Stats tell a sad story for stoke:

Match StatsShots
20 2
On target
7 1
Corners
6 1
Fouls
6 14

Yes, Spurs at Old Trafford could be an interesting barometer. United have had a good run, but against some of the worst teams in the league. Spurs have traditionally thrown games to United in particular ( media quote, not mine) in order to rot up other London teams (Arsenal in particular)…So will that be the case this time round ? …(I really need smileys here !).

As I am fairly pragmatic about United not contending the League this season ( 4th place will be a minor miracle!) I am happy to see it so tight, and would love to see it go to the wire for 4 or more teams in the mix over the last two weeks… Just feel that Man City will eventually break loose tho'.

Liverpool's couple of losses shouldn't be regarded as much of a dismissal of their chances. All of the other contendors have to go to Anfield; United are the only "top" side with a home fixture left against them; and no Europe to deal with of course.

Where they are at the halfway point on 31st December will be a better guide as to how far they've really progressed ... with Suarez though, anything could happen ... :ninja:

That said, it's not inconceivable that they could go into the New Year's Day games in 4th or 5th place.

Hi,

Well called. Liverpool have performed well in the two big games. Felt they were a bit unlucky in Manchester.

Well, these are the odds available now. Where would you guys be putting your virtual 100 quid? I'll have a bit of a gamble and stick it on Everton for a Top 4 Finish at 4/1. They'll need a couple of inspired signings in the transfer window, but this is as good a chance as they're likely to get. There must be a couple of internationals getting itchy feet with the World Cup coming up ...

Hi,

Well called. Liverpool have performed well in the two big games. Felt they were a bit unlucky in Manchester.

I think Liverpool's situation was summed up perfectly by their choice of substitutes at Chelsea ... :ninja:

Yes, Spurs at Old Trafford could be an interesting barometer. United have had a good run, but against some of the worst teams in the league.

Hi,

That was my reading of the situation as well. Man City and Chelsea look to be the two to fight it out now with Arsenal finishing 3rd. Stoke almost beat Everton who seem to be going through a bad patch. It looks like the second half of the season is going to be easier for the top clubs with more resources, like Chelsea winning at Southampton.