Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Moyes seems to be getting rid of the older players like Vidic and Rio. Also getting rid of deadbeats, like Anderson. For the real Man Utd fans it will be an interesting time to see if he is up to the job of building a virtually new team.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

Hi,

Moyes seems to be getting rid of the older players like Vidic and Rio. Also getting rid of deadbeats, like Anderson. For the real Man Utd fans it will be an interesting time to see if he is up to the job of building a virtually new team.

Hi,

Anderson just went on loan I think. And has allegedly being saying that some players don't want to play under Moyes. I've no idea why Moyes won't play Rio. He denied freezing him out when asked at a press conference.

Build a new team? You cannot be serious. RVP, Rooney , Janujaz and Mata are better than every other teams equivalents, except maybe Man City. Then there's Englands midfield and ex captain, his £20 + million signing Fellaini etc. If he can't beat Stoke and Sunderland with that squad, and finish above Everton, then he isn't up to the job. Records are dropping like flies for getting beaten by some teams in decades and not winning in games in a row. Moyes has them underperforming, no question.

Is Gervinho still with Arsenal?

Build a new team? You cannot be serious. RVP, Rooney , Janujaz and Mata are better than every other teams equivalents, except maybe Man City.

Hi,

I feel Rooney and RVP will head for the door if CL football is unavailable. Vidic is leaving as I said yesterday, before all those guys in the Press, and Janujaz is wanted by PSG. Mata had a need to play so Man Utd was a good short term move for him. Will he want a move once he has played for Spain in the WC ? Moyes had a big task on his hands and the Glazers main business is in trouble in US. Scarey days to be a supporter of the Red Devils.

Hi,

I feel Rooney and RVP will head for the door if CL football is unavailable. Vidic is leaving as I said yesterday, before all those guys in the Press, and Janujaz is wanted by PSG. Mata had a need to play so Man Utd was a good short term move for him. Will he want a move once he has played for Spain in the WC ? Moyes had a big task on his hands and the Glazers main business is in trouble in US. Scarey days to be a supporter of the Red Devils.

Agree that at least Rooney and RVP will leave, and reckon Man U will find it hard to attract the best players with a third rate manager and no champions league. Man U are finished as title contenders for the foreseeable future. In fact, Moyes managed that in less than 5 months. I wouldn't have thought it was possible!

Agree that at least Rooney and RVP will leave, and reckon Man U will find it hard to attract the best players In fact, Moyes managed that in less than 5 months.

Hi,

Moyes is not to blame. The lack of good signing in the last few years by Fergie, especially in midfield, is at the root of the problem. I remain to be convinced that Smalling and Jones are the answer in the centre of defence. Jones should be given a chance there as he is not good enough in midfield. Give him a chance, he might be brilliant at Centre Half.

Saints v Stoke today

Hope Begovic leaves his shooting boots at home :)

Hi,

Saints are a good team and Stoke have been alittle unlucky with decisions this year. As a gooner I hope we get something in the North. We beat Liverpool easily at home but they will be a different kettle of fisn at Anfield.

Hi,

Saints are a good team and Stoke have been alittle unlucky with decisions this year. As a gooner I hope we get something in the North. We beat Liverpool easily at home but they will be a different kettle of fisn at Anfield.

I don't know how to say this, but ... :ninja:

The general concensus from my area of the stands is that both Rooney and Van Persie will stay. All of these various players may bleat on about playing in the Champions League, but that is only because the wage packet for those clubs reflects it. Jeez if CL appearances were the be all and end all - Celtic would have a team of superstars! Van Persie would be the most likely to leave, but is anyone going to offer him the 260,000 pounds a week, now that he has reverted to his "sickbed routine" again. Rooney's only real outlet would be to Chelski (or possibly PSG), but his latest payrise up to about 300,000 a week (probably to keep him in line with Mata) will keep him happy. Jones was one of the best central defenders in the PL when we bought him, and that is where he needs to play, and bond with Evans. My biggest concern is why the f*** has that despicable Nani been given a new and greatly improved contract. I also think Felationi will be shipped on quite quickly he was a panic buy anyway, and is better suited to other sides. The fix for United will not be rapid; but the question is will the "moronic" element of the supporters have patience. I still maintain that it was purely Fergusons giant ego, that stopped the employment of Mourinho, who would have been a perfect fit for most parties at Old Trafford; and also that the "Great Days" are unlikely to return whilst the Glazers are present. If the real reason was to "Buy British" for the manager, then Moyes was the most deserving and credible choice.

Just seen the Liverpool Arsenal result ; Could Liverpool really contend the title; bearing in mind all the other top teams have to go to Anfield ???

Edited by Fatboyfat

Hi,

Moyes is not to blame. The lack of good signing in the last few years by Fergie, especially in midfield, is at the root of the problem. I remain to be convinced that Smalling and Jones are the answer in the centre of defence.

I can't fathom how you would think a team that ran away with the league, wasn't strong enough? :clueless And were on top of Real Madrid before Nani was sent off very lightly. Mourinho said the best team that night lost. The evidence is against you. Facts v biased hatred. Mourinho v Wac lol.

-------

WTF happened to Arsenal today?

Obsession, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Facts v biased hatred. Mourinho v Wac lol.

-------

Hi,

If you are suggesting I hate Mourinho why have I backed Chelsea to win the League ? Arsenal had an off day, like most Londoners they are at their best when the sun goes down. Looking foward to the Devils showing up on Wednesday. Bring em on!

I don't know how to say this, but ... :ninja:

Hi,

I know you are a stats person.

Now then, lets look at penalty awards by Mr Webb since he started in the EPL.

Arsenal. Matches per pen awarded = 12.5

Matches per pen conceded = 5

Chelsea. Matches per pen awarded = 12

Matches per pen conceded = 8

Liverpool. Matches per pen awarded = 9

Matches per pen conceded = 9

Man United. Matches per pen awarded = 3.5

Matches per pen conceded = 16

Obsession, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Facts v biased hatred. Mourinho v Wac lol.

-------

Hi,

If you are suggesting I hate Mourinho why have I backed Chelsea to win the League ? Arsenal had an off day, like most Londoners they are at their best when the sun goes down. Looking foward to the Devils showing up on Wednesday. Bring em on!

I didn't say you hated Mourinho. The biased hatred was in reference to your years of attacking Fergie and Man U, including you claiming the league was fixed in their favour lol. I guess they must have stopped the tea money!!!

You wouldn't be saying " bring em on" if Fergie was still there. He owned Wenger!

You should cuff Man U on Weds. They can't even beat the bottom of the league Fulham.

Here's a clock for you

http://arsenaltrophyclock.net/

Hi,

Well, look at the facts about Mr Webb, OBS.The stats are posted above. Webb nearly had the best team beaten in the WC first by Switzerland and then by the Dutch in the final. According the the press in England he is the greatest. :clueless I think Webb is a good ref when he is inclined to be. Maybe he goes to the same lodge as Fergie ?

Hi,

Must say Liverpool were great at the weekend. I only watched the first 20 mins. To compound my misery Everton were unlucky yesterday against the dreaded Spurs. Haven't seen a team put in such a 20 mins in a long time as Liverpool. Great stuff!

wacmedia, on 10 Feb 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:wacmedia, on 10 Feb 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Haven't seen a team put in such a 20 mins in a long time as Liverpool. Great stuff!

Having seen that I fear Spurs' hopes of a Fourth Place finish are in tatters. One can only hope for the best...

Edited by papillon

Having seen that I fear Spurs' hopes of a Fourth Place finish are in tatters. One can only hope for the best...

I don't necessarily think so: Arsenal have a bit more plumetting to do yet and it will be them that you are in competition with for that 4th spot.

According the the press in England he is the greatest. :clueless I think Webb is a good ref when he is inclined to be. Maybe he goes to the same lodge as Fergie ?

Yes. According to everyone he is the greatest, except a serial conspiracy theorist. I think I will have to take their side v you.

The stats you posted. What were the stats for the whole league? And has he reffed the same amount of games for each team?

For all his obvious talents in the management game, Sir Misery's choices both as successor and in many cases player acquisitions have been appalling. Don't forget that his original choice, when he threatened retirement as John Magnier started to question his integrity, was "Mary Poppins" himself…… Steve McClaren !

If the "Buy British" decision was correct, then the most deserving guy, by some distance, has got the job (Brendon Rodgers being the only real competition on the home front). Mourinho was the way to go to ensure continued and instant success, but Fergie's giant ego would not allow that. If Moyes does go, it will be the tune of blazing trumpets and a charge down the stand from behind me, by the ultimate saviour (in his own eyes) Sir Mis himself! ……All in my very 'umble, and slightly jaded, opinion of course !

For all his obvious talents in the management game, Sir Misery's choices both as successor and in many cases player acquisitions have been appalling. Don't forget that his original choice, when he threatened retirement as John Magnier started to question his integrity, was "Mary Poppins" himself…… Steve McClaren !

If the "Buy British" decision was correct, then the most deserving guy, by some distance, has got the job (Brendon Rodgers being the only real competition on the home front). Mourinho was the way to go to ensure continued and instant success, but Fergie's giant ego would not allow that. If Moyes does go, it will be the tune of blazing trumpets and a charge down the stand from behind me, by the ultimate saviour (in his own eyes) Sir Mis himself! ……All in my very 'umble, and slightly jaded, opinion of course !

Oh dear. I had to laugh at someone who claims Sir Alex had a huge ego, yet wants the managing worlds biggest ever ego, Mourinho, for the job.

Sir Alex doesn't have a big ego. He has never forgotten where he comes from or misses a funeral of some of the old Govan shipyard mob. He even turned down a peerage and seat in the house of Lords.

Mourinho was never a fit for Man U, even if he wanted it, which nobody knows. I can't really see him living in Manchester v London, or managing a team without shitloads of money to buy the top players. Apart from he probably wouldn't have been any good at Man U, and saying he was the only guy is laughable. And you totally ignore the hassle he had at his last two clubs.

He and Sir Alex got on well. I don't see how ego would come into it. But when people want to bad mouth him, they usually don't do it with any logic, but just make shit up, like orange lodges and suggestions of sectarianism, Howard Webb conspiracies, strange illogical ego stuff and silly names like Mr Misery. Scraping the barrel there lads.

I think Webb is a good ref when he is inclined to be. Maybe he goes to the same lodge as Fergie ?

That didn't sink in until later. I'm surprised you are going down the sectarian bigotry route. I thought you were above that way of thinking.