Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Non "O" Visas from Thai Consulate Hull

I have just had a conversation with the Thai Consulate in Hull here in the UK. I have applied for a Non O visa multi entry and it seems to have taken some time to come through. They had told me now for the Non Immigrant O visa, either single or multi entry, you have to show proof of why you wish to be in Thailand for a long period of time and that proof is then sent to the London Embassy for approval which can take an extra few days. This has changed slightly as i used to post the application off on a Monday and get the passport with visa back by Wednesday. They are now advising 5 working days. So if you are planning to apply for this type of visa, you should allow a few extra days for your application to be processed.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will never understand this kind of jealous comment.   Yes Russian have better conditions for Visa and Stays in Thailand, but Russia allows Thai people to go Russia for 30 days without any visa

I have just had a conversation with the Thai Consulate in Hull here in the UK. I have applied for a Non O visa multi entry and it seems to have taken some time to come through. They had told me now fo

This discussion is very confusing   As stated on the Hull Consulate (not Embassy) a retired person over 50 needs to show a bank statement with pension and or 18,000GBP in a UK bank (not Thai bank) o

yes i had the same and the rules are changing again as from the 1st of september.

i called them 3 or 4 weeks ago asking about this and the girl was very helpful but she did say i wouldn't get a o visa as from that coming monday which was the 21st of july only to visit family and then you may not get one....

the only visa i would get is the tourist visa with 2 visa runs and she did tell me the NO extensions only giving you a set 60+60+60 =180 days would be allowed on this visa from the 21st of july.

as from the 1st of september the thai embassy will only be taking applications in person and you need to book, you can no longer post it.

Edited by lanzalad

the only visa i would get is the tourist visa with 2 visa runs and she did tell me the NO extensions only giving you a set 60+60+60 =180 days would be allowed on this visa from the 21st of july.

A lot of changes in the offing.

The line above drew my attention as I have heard nothing regarding the restriction on 'extension of stay' based on a tourist visa.

Obviously that will likely be up to the guys in Jomtiem and not those in the Hull consulate.

Hopefully Hull are wrong, or she is simply defining the last of the 3x60 day stays, as by then the visa will have expired, but I will be asking someone.

Edited by jacko

What is the 60+60+60 Visa?

Anyhow, I was at Immigration in Jomtien yesterday getting my 'Retirement' Visa and they were still issuing 30 day extensions for Tourist Visas for 1900 Baht.

What is the 60+60+60 Visa?

Anyhow, I was at Immigration in Jomtien yesterday getting my 'Retirement' Visa and they were still issuing 30 day extensions for Tourist Visas for 1900 Baht.

Presumably a triple entry tourist visa.

Some reports on thaivisa about a multi entry o visa

Apparently between 50-64 one has to have 65,000 baht a month earnings,or 800,000 baht in a thai bank,or a combination of the two,just like a retirement visa.If married 40,000 baht a month, or 400,000 baht in a thai bank,or a combination of the two

From 65yo,one only has to show a pension,of any amount,the worlds gone mad

This discussion is very confusing

As stated on the Hull Consulate (not Embassy) a retired person over 50 needs to show a bank statement with pension and or 18,000GBP in a UK bank (not Thai bank) or if over 65 (a UK pensioner) there is no such financial requirement just proof of pension

Visiting friends is no longer an option (has been last 2 years) and visiting family while under 50 may have had the rules change - don't know because never looked at it

If people are going to post here making claims please give more details of your age etc and why you are being refused a visa and on what basis you applied for a visa, then we may have a better understanding of what you are talking about

As for applications by post, the poster above stated the Thai Embassy will no longer accept postal applications - Hull is not an embassy it is The Royal Thai Consulate of Hull - confusing at best

• Upvote 1

Looks like again Hull is said to change its rules to have similar rules to other Thai consulates in the world.

Kuala Lumpur or Paris by example already required 800'000 baht in a Thai bank (or equivalent monthly earning) to get a multiple non-Imm O "for being over 50". Amount is only 200'000 if your are over 60 yo.

It's logical because the "non-Imm O" usage was not for retirement. For that you have non-Imm O-A or single non-Imm O + "retirement" extension. In both these cases you have to prove you have enough resources to live 1 year. I understand that Hull was a way to avoid this requirement...

Copied from the Thai Consulate Website. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Category “O”

--------------------------

1) Married to a Thai national.

Evidence required:

a) If married in Thailand:

Copies of Original Thai Marriage Certificate and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.

B) If married in UK:

Copies of Original UK Marriage Certificate, Copy of Thai Marriage Registration Certificate (this visa is only available to persons who register their marriage in Thailand otherwise they can apply only for the Tourist Visa) and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.

Either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted in these circumstances.

or

2) Visiting Thai child living in Thailand.

Evidence required

a) Birth Certificate of child showing relationship.

B) Proof of having Legal Custody of the child. Please note that this document can be in Thai language if submitted to either the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull or the Royal Thai Embassy.

Please note that a child ceases to be regarded as a child for these purposes when attaining 20 years of age.

or

3) Visiting non Thai family working and/or living in Thailand.

Evidence required:

a) Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship and date of birth (applicant must not be older than 20 years).

B) Letter from relative in Thailand confirming they are in Thailand together with copy of page in their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit.

Either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted to applicant aged up to 20 years in these circumstances. If applicant is aged 21 or over they can be granted only a Tourist Visa with 1, 2 or 3 entries.

or

4) Volunteer Work with NGO or Charity Organisation (not with Private Organisations).

Evidence required:

a) Sponsor Letter from volunteer/charity organisation which must be registered in Thailand.

Only a single entry visa can be granted in these circumstances. Applicant will need to arrange Extension of Stay as necessary. Please check with volunteer/charity organisation for what extra documentation may be required by Thai Immigration to extend stay.

or

5) Visiting Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.

Evidence required:

a) Current “DWP Pension Statement” showing receipt of State Pension (no minimum necessary).

or

6) Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged between 50 and 64 years

Evidence required:

a) Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum 65,000 baht per month or lump sum of minimum 800,000 baht. Statement must include name and address of visa applicant (address on statement must be same as “Present address” on Visa Application Form).

Abb 01.08.13

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The Hull website has been updated and is a bit more specific about the requirements for those applicants aged 50+ ...

Hi. The big difference in Hull rules is for married guys & single non-O (rules from September, 16)

They made it simple (for the consulate) because All non-O Visa (married, +50,...),

single or multiple, require a 65'000 THB monthly income or 800'000 THB in bank (UK or TH)

See http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

non-O Married: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20130916155059

non-O +50: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20130918092412

Edited by Idefix

Hi. The big difference in Hull rules is for married guys & single non-O (rules from September, 16)

They made it simple (for the consulate) because All non-O Visa (married, +50,...),

single or multiple, require a 65'000 THB monthly income or 800'000 THB in bank (UK or TH)

I didn't see any option for the cash to be in a Thai account. They appear to be quite specific that it must be in a UK "Current Account" - as opposed to a "Deposit Account" or any other type of account where you would likely maintain your savings.

Hull was guilty of not adhering to guidelines and issuing non O visas willy nilly.

They gave them out like sweeties.

I tried getting one years ago in Glasgow and she refused. In the last few yers being Married to a Thai it's easy. Just go up with your Marriage certificate.

I didn't see any option for the cash to be in a Thai account.

Depends of the Visa:

For Married people : http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20130916155059 :

"Copy of Thai Bank Book or UK "Current Account" bank statements for last

3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum

amount of THB800k "

Just out of curiosity, is there a UK pension "minimum" for a guy that's retired?

The 'State' pension is £110.15 per week, about $175 or 5500 baht!

Not enough to qualify for a retirement extension or Non-Imm-O.

Thats the silly part, at 65 an expat can get a multi o by showing any amount of state pension

The 'State' pension is £110.15 per week, about $175 or 5500 baht!

Not enough to qualify for a retirement extension or Non-Imm-O.

Depends of the Visa:

For Married people : http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20130916155059 :

"Copy of Thai Bank Book or UK "Current Account" bank statements for last

3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum

amount of THB800k "

I was referring to single guys 50+, or 65+ as per Post 10.

Edited by CheshireTom

>> I didn't see any option for the cash to be in a Thai account.

I was referring to single guys 50+, or 65+ as per Post 10.

In this case you don't need a non-O Visa

Just come in Thailand with any visa (or none) and get here a 1-year Extension

In this case you don't need a non-O Visa

Just come in Thailand with any visa (or none) and get here a 1-year Extension

I always believed you had to convert to the proper visa (O-Type) before you could do a year's extension. If you're saying you can get a one-year extension without any visa ... :clueless

I always believed you had to convert to the proper visa (O-Type) before you could do a year's extension.

Yes. Thai Immigration in Jomtien will "convert" your entry in a single non-O without problem if you are +50

but you will not have to respect "new UK consulates rules" to get it

and then they will "give" you a "1-year Extension for reason of Retirement" because of your 800 kb in a Thai Bank :)

Yes. Thai Immigration in Jomtien will "convert" your entry in a single non-O without problem if you are +50

but you will not have to respect "new UK consulates rules" to get it

and then they will "give" you a "1-year Extension for reason of Retirement" because of your 800 kb in a Thai Bank :)

You'll have to provide a passport, photos and evidence confirming that you satisfy the financial requirements - just like you have to do in the UK. For lots of guys, it will be easier to get the visa in the UK ... for example, those who are not intent on staying in farang strongholds such as Pattaya and Phuket and would otherwise have to travel to Bangkok (twice) to do the conversion.

// just like you have to do in the UK //

No. YOU mentioned the "option for the cash to be in a Thai account" in post #12.

You cannot get a non-O anymore in Hull in this case

but you still can get a non-O and Extension in Jomtien :)

No. YOU mentioned the "option for the cash to be in a Thai account" in post #12.

You cannot get a non-O anymore in Hull in this case

but you still can get a non-O and Extension in Jomtien :)

Is your first language English?