Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Non "O" Visas from Thai Consulate Hull

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will never understand this kind of jealous comment.   Yes Russian have better conditions for Visa and Stays in Thailand, but Russia allows Thai people to go Russia for 30 days without any visa

I have just had a conversation with the Thai Consulate in Hull here in the UK. I have applied for a Non O visa multi entry and it seems to have taken some time to come through. They had told me now fo

This discussion is very confusing   As stated on the Hull Consulate (not Embassy) a retired person over 50 needs to show a bank statement with pension and or 18,000GBP in a UK bank (not Thai bank) o

No, I am French.

I do know it's obvious with my many language mistakes,

but most of time people here manage to understand what I (try to ) write.

Why ?

I wasn't being critical - I understand you most of the time. And your English is better than my French, despite the so-called "Auld Alliance" There was another thread running a few days ago which laid out the requirements to go down the conversion/extension route. I don't think anything has changed in Thailand since then.

Edited by CheshireTom

yes i had the same and the rules are changing again as from the 1st of september.

i called them 3 or 4 weeks ago asking about this and the girl was very helpful but she did say i wouldn't get a o visa as from that coming monday which was the 21st of july only to visit family and then you may not get one....

the only visa i would get is the tourist visa with 2 visa runs and she did tell me the NO extensions only giving you a set 60+60+60 =180 days would be allowed on this visa from the 21st of july.

as from the 1st of september the thai embassy will only be taking applications in person and you need to book, you can no longer post it.

I don't think you've ever been able to obtain a visa through the post from the Embassy you have had to apply in person and it requires two visits, one to present your passport and application and the other to collect it. Only the consulates in Hull, Liverpool or Birmingham issue visas through the post.

It seems strange that the Thai govt wish to place so many hurdles in the way of those who wish to spend time and often considerable amounts of money in their country which can only benefit the economy.

Ever thought why they ask you how much you earn on that little immigration form that they give you to fill out on the plane when you fly to BKK. Perhaps they think that by discouraging the likes of Joe Bloggs visiting the LOS their places will be replaced by the hordes of British millionaires that are secretly biding their time for the hoi polloi or the great unwashed to be made unwelcome in Thailand.

Edited by yogi100

It seems strange that the Thai govt wish to place so many hurdles in the way of those who wish to spend time and often considerable amounts of money in their country which can only benefit the economy.

Compared to where? It's a lot easier than it is for a Thai to visit the UK. I think it's those guys who don't meet the financial requirements that they want to discourage - I can't see a lot wrong with that.

Edited by CheshireTom

It seems strange that the Thai govt wish to place so many hurdles in the way of those who wish to spend time

and often considerable amounts of money in their country which can only benefit the economy.

Why do you mix/add "the Thai govt" to this discussion ?

Nowhere to show that this decision comes from Thailand

Seems rather to come from the Thai Embassy in London. (Anywhere else concerned outside UK?)

Compared to where? It's a lot easier than it is for a Thai to visit the UK. I think it's those guys who don't meet the financial requirements that they want to discourage - I can't see a lot wrong with that.

There are reasons though. Depending on how the Thai gets to the UK the jobs and benefit system is wide open to them.

Thats the silly part, at 65 an expat can get a multi o by showing any amount of state pension

Yeah.. odd that but at least it gives the older guys with limited funds an opportunity to remain here then!

Personally if I am here at 65+ and cannot maintain 800k on deposit I would be nervous.

Lots of crazy rules going around.

Did you know that Russians get 30 day visa waivers at border runs and we get 15.

I will never understand this kind of jealous comment. :angry:

Yes Russian have better conditions for Visa and Stays in Thailand,

but Russia allows Thai people to go Russia for 30 days without any visa ! :smile:

How easy is it for Thai to go to UK ? :whistling:

Ask your country to get a similar bilateral agreements on visa waiving

and you will have 30 days too at borders.

Too easy to always criticize Thailand when it's often your (country) fault... :(

• Upvote 2

I will never understand this kind of jealous comment. :angry:

Yes Russian have better conditions for Visa and Stays in Thailand,

but Russia allows Thai people to go Russia for 30 days without any visa ! :smile:

How easy is it for Thai to go to UK ? :whistling:

Ask your country to get a similar bilateral agreements on visa waiving

and you will have 30 days too at borders.

Too easy to always criticize Thailand when it's often your (country) fault... :(

Hey...calm down and stop swigging the 7/11 Vodka.

The reason a Thai can go to Russia is they get NOTHING from the Russian Government should they fall on hard times.

Reality check needed.

Why do you mix/add "the Thai govt" to this discussion ?

Nowhere to show that this decision comes from Thailand

Seems rather to come from the Thai Embassy in London. (Anywhere else concerned outside UK?)

The Thai embassy in London is the representative of the Thai govt in the UK just as the British embassy in Bangkok represents the British govt in Thailand. That's why a Thai wishing to visit the UK needs to apply for a visa at the British embassy in BKK. They are governmental departments run by their respective foreign offices.

The Thai embassy in London is the representative of the Thai govt in the UK just as the British embassy in Bangkok represents the British govt in Thailand. That's why a Thai wishing to visit the UK needs to apply for a visa at the British embassy in BKK. They are governmental departments run by their respective foreign offices.

Correct.

And the Thai Consulate at Hull was breaking guidelines, issuing non O visas to everybody hat had a 'pal' in Thailand. That's why they have had their rope shortened.

What a fucking mess. So glad I can just turn up at the airport and get 30 days entry with no hassle.

So can the British.

Or you can buy a single to triple entry tourist visa where you get a 60 day entry at a time.

The Non O is the one people want it lets them stay close to 15 Months if you time your visa runs properly.

But Hull was issuing them too easily. I predicted this about 5 years ago on forums and I was right.

The Glasgow consulate ALWAYS sticks by the guidelines and if you are under 50 She will NOT issue a non O unless you are Married to a Thai.

• 4 weeks later...

sent my passport and papers off a week ago not heard nothing and the money is still in my bank..

i applied for a triple entry tourist visa...

i'll give it til monday then i'll call them.

Hope you get it mate.

I don't know if I updated my visa info on this forum but my application for a multiple non O was turned down by London but over ruled by my local Consulate. My paperwork was in order because I never had a Thai translation of my Marriage cert London wasn't happy. But my local Consulate said they were wrong to suggest giving me a SINGLE entry tourist visa. Then advised me to get the translation done in Thailand.

I couldn't wait so i've just called them and i was told there's a 3 weeks turn around on tourist visas......

due to the high demand and if i have a november flight my application would not be processed until the week before my flight..

this could turn into a months turn around

I couldn't wait so i've just called them and i was told there's a 3 weeks turn around on tourist visas......

due to the high demand and if i have a november flight my application would not be processed until the week before my flight..

this could turn into a months turn around

Nightmare.

Hope you get it mate.

I don't know if I updated my visa info on this forum but my application for a multiple non O was turned down by London but over ruled by my local Consulate. My paperwork was in order because I never had a Thai translation of my Marriage cert London wasn't happy. But my local Consulate said they were wrong to suggest giving me a SINGLE entry tourist visa. Then advised me to get the translation done in Thailand.

I never had that issue when I got mine, I also put I was flying back to Thailand in 1 week and I got my visa back in 3 days.

I never had that issue when I got mine, I also put I was flying back to Thailand in 1 week and I got my visa back in 3 days.

When did you get yours?

According to the Glasgow consulate from about 3 weeks ago EVERY Visa application has to be sent to London for approval now. This is a new rule. I had non O visas using our UK Marriage certificate from Glasgow on other occasions.

When did you get yours?

According to the Glasgow consulate from about 3 weeks ago EVERY Visa application has to be sent to London for approval now. This is a new rule. I had non O visas using our UK Marriage certificate from Glasgow on other occasions.

That was my thought..... now you are in the hands of Thai bureaucracy!

I often wonder if residents too will have a more difficult time with their visas and extensions.

(Or more expensive)

I got mine back in July, just before they changed the rules about money in the bank. I had sent them a copy of my Thai marriage certs and wifes passport and they were happy with that. It was sent to London for approval and came back next morning and was issued.

When did you get yours?

Last week drove up to Hull with the forms filled in,having emailed the day before for an appointment with an reply 2 hours later for a time the next day.Place empty no wait.In out 15 mins job done double entry tourist visa.

• Upvote 1

Hi. The big difference in Hull rules is for married guys & single non-O (rules from September, 16)

They made it simple (for the consulate) because All non-O Visa (married, +50,...),

single or multiple, require a 65'000 THB monthly income or 800'000 THB in bank (UK or TH)

See http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

non-O Married: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20130916155059

non-O +50: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20130918092412

Hi - i get blank pages from those 2 URLs - is it a local problem (my fault) or are they now expired links ? Thanks.

Hi - i get blank pages from those 2 URLs -

is it a local problem (my fault) or are they now expired links ? Thanks.

I get blanks pages too. Pages suppressed from their website :(

Still references to them (Abd1 & Abd2) in http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/download.aspx?id=20131029092152 but can't find the info anymore ??

Maybe a good idea to try ThaiVisa. They have a big live thread about Hull.