Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Some Photos: Soi Cowboy Last Night

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Purchased a fast prime lens yesterday and was trying it out on Soi Cowboy last night.  

I'll get better with more practice. It's not easy to get candid shots without the telephoto, then I can't get sharp images because a slower shutter speed is needed to emit enough light. Also, I'm th

Bought a new camera strap yesterday, the sling type. Was out in the field testing it.  

Posted Images

Purchased a fast prime lens yesterday and was trying it out on Soi Cowboy last night.

Nice pics, Sir! Would you mind telling us what lens is it and what settings you used? PM?

• Upvote 1

It's an AF-S Nikkor 50 mm f/1.4G. No secret, you can get it out of the file's exif data. All shots were hand held so fast shutter, but it didn't seen to give the best shots with the aperture wide open.

But here's some nice bokeh at f/1.6

DSC_0184.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's an AF-S Nikkor 50 mm f/1.4G. No secret, you can get it out of the file's exif data. All shots were hand held so fast shutter, but it didn't seen to give the best shots with the aperture wide open.

But here's some nice bokeh at f/1.6

That's a beautiful lens indeed. My fav lens is also a 50mm but being a die hard Olympus user, mine is not fast at all. Though about getting the Pana lens but with the new 12-60mm SWG lens in site that would be a unnecessary and a waste of money. I always have trouble with the red and blue neon lights with the nightlife shots but I guess some post production will take care of that as before.

Edited by Patna

The f/1.8 is less than half the price. I'll try some portraits this weekend and see if the extra aperture is worth it. Just need to find a thai girl who's not too shy to take her clothes off. :P

The f/1.8 is less than half the price. I'll try some portraits this weekend and see if the extra aperture is worth it. Just need to find a thai girl who's not too shy to take her clothes off. :P

Not sure you'll need the extra aperture for da nude :) Nice to have it for the extra light and the bokeh, though...

It may not be any better but here is what I've meant earlier(hope you don't mind me messing with it, not much difference at this size anyway but if you shoot raw it may be a world...):

DSC_0249.JPG

DSC_0249A.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes, that's an improvement. I'll have to learn more about editing software.

Also, I'll try the lens at Nana Car Park at 2;00 AM, much less light but sometimes better than a trip to the zoo.

The Nikon 1.8 is a lot cheaper and it's a good lens. With the 1.4, you get a little more speed, but is it worth the cost? Anyway, taking pictures at night can be a lot of fun.

It seems the taking of pictures is better tolerated on Bangkok's soi Cowboy, than Pattaya's Soi Diamond.

Edited by jacko

It seems the taking of pictures is better tolerated on Bangkok's soi Cowboy, that Pattaya's Soi Diamond.

I had the same thought as I enjoyed the photos posted.

After taking many photos recently, I know the girls do not appreciate having their photo taken! period from Soi6 to WS!

Maybe attitude just differs from BKK to Pats. I wonder why?

Anyway, thanks for posting and please keep them coming.

Regards,

It seems the taking of pictures is better tolerated on Bangkok's soi Cowboy, that Pattaya's Soi Diamond.

Most Welcome Girls will turn their back.

DSC_0155.jpg

There are more people around, so it's easier to blend in the crowd and easier to be undetected if you don't use a flash or tripod.

DSC_0138.jpg

Some girls don't mind

DSC_0096.jpg

Also, some punters don't like it, maybe the one's cheating on their wives? Not to worry, if anyone sees themselves just send me a PM and I'll delete the photo. For a fee, of course. :lsmile

DSC_0144.jpg

Its nice to see Soi Cowboy again. I would like to see the Nana car park as well.

I'm working on it. Had to leave a few nights ago because I was afraid some ladyboys were going to kick my ass. :llaugh

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 2

OOOh can I have a go too :-)

I have studied color and correcting photos and videos for years. I still suck at it. It is very much a subjective subject but I think the more you do it the better you get. Looking at Patna's correction, he improved the skin tones but ended up with a harsher picture which I did not like. Therefore had to have a go myself.

In my version I adjusted all the colors saturation level individually, used a noise reduction filter and sharpened the final result, all in photoshop. Learning color correction can improve you photos remarkably but it's a real rabbit hole than can have you fussing for hours over each pic. As Patna says if you have the RAW image to start with then you can do much better.

Anyway here's the result of my fiddling. 1) Original Image. 2) Patna's Correction. 3) My correction.

cow1.jpg

cow2.jpg

cow4.jpg

OOOh can I have a go too :-)

Me next! :ninja:

1) Original Image. 2) Patna's Correction. 3) Pete's correction. 4) My correction.

​Adjusted in OnOne Perfect Effects Photoshop Plug-in as shown below ...

Most Welcome Girls will turn their back.

At least there was one beautiful beaming smile in there, but mostly the girls seem to have an unwelcoming 'my shit don't stink look'.....

Was that caused by the camera?

How is the friendliness level inside these days?

It has been a little while since I spent much time in Cowboy but have the prices risen so high that 110 baht draft is a good deal for the suds boys?

Memo to self ... bring more money.

We can have a contest of who can come up with the best fix, and I've been convinced that post-processing is necessary.

Using the Image > Adjustments > Variations command in Photoshop makes it very easy to achieve a quick fix to remove a colour cast.

• Upvote 3

How is the friendliness level inside these days?

They're very friendly in The Arab's bars if you'll buy a 240 baht lady drink for a Welcome girl that you can't bar fine. But What's Up is still a much bigger rip-off for bill padding, and Soi Cowboy bars haven't yet started substituting Thai whisky for Jack Daniels like they do in some Nana bars.