Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel On Sukhumvit Soi 4”

staying in Pattaya for around 23 nights at the end of february and havent been for around 5 years having visited on many occasions before this.We are doing a coupIe of nights in BKK and have found this hotel and was wondering if anyone knew if it was guest friendly and any other info on this hotel would be appreciated...Cheers

Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel “A City Hotel On Sukhumvit Soi 4”

It is guest friendly and is an OK hotel. Nothing special, though, I personally prefer the Dawin, myself, in that price range.

Dawin is a hell of a lot better hotel than the Woraburi. Woraburi may be guest friendly, but they will charge you for a 2nd guest. The cheaper rooms are dirty, and 4 years ago definitely had a cockroache problem in at least 2 rooms(that I stayed in).

Try the city lodge on Soi 9.

The Woraburi has been around for a long time and has a very checkered past. Sometimes it's been OK (never really good), other times a dump, depending on the manager at the time. But as patna and firth say, the Dawin is a much better choice. The Royal Ivory, Majestic Suites and even the granddaddy of them all, the Nana Hotel, are better than the Woraburi.

Evil

:devil

I've stayed at the Woraburi many times. It has changed hands in the past 18 months and most of the old staff has also gone, much to the loss of the hotel. (The guy in the downstairs bar still constantly picks his nose) The pool is a good area to chill out and have a few drink in the afternoon, but the main bar and restaurant area is not air-conditioned and is pretty warm in the morning when having breakfast. I have had no problems with bringing guests into the hotel, including at times, 2 guests. :a2m

Unfortunately, as others have said, the Woraburi needs a rebirth.

Stayed in Woraburi a few years ago...think they had a free tuk tuk but never available and a fair walk.

Found myself always lathered in sweat by the time i got to Nana.

Have also stayed in the Nana.. best location but prices have creeped up and could never get in on short notice.

Was in Bangkok a few months ago and stayed in the Unico Express which is in the other direction oposite Nana over the lights and in my estimate less of a walk.

Also got a good deal with B/F Superior for less than a 1000 baht....booked direct with hotel.

Also at the back of the hotel is the Saen Seab canal and i used it for one of Stickman's boat trips through Pratanum to the golden mount and then tuk tuk onto Wat Pho and Wat Arun.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not stay at the Dynasty Inn Soi-4 (1250 a night) its a just ok room, make sure its in the back new block, but great location and guest frendly.

Why not stay at the Dynasty Inn Soi-4 (1250 a night) its a just ok room, make sure its in the back new block, but great location and guest frendly.

Correct - I only hear good feedback re the Dynasty. As there is a good pub just over the road. :bhappy

Cheers,

Mark

I usually stay at the Honey House 2 on Soi 22. It's quite a ways off Sukhumvit but there are always taxis going by. One reason is the The New Cowboy bar up from the hotel towards Sukhumvit has the best coffee I have ever had in Thailand. It comes with a big cup and in a coffee press. Breakfast is pretty good also. A morning walk agrees with me. I think the price for the room is 900 baht. I'm a cheap Charlie and usually find my flavor of the day at Queens Park Plaza. Nana Plaza has priced me out.