Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I've used www.strong.com and overall thought the service was good. i still think it's good but it does have a glitch for some.

A few months ago I received an email from Strong which told me there had been complaints to Strong from various copyright holds. While there was no mention of www.priatebay.com the email did go on to say it was understood that at times there can be a virus or some maleware that causes a particular copyrighted item to be downloaded from a torrent site. I was informed if I did not tend to the virus or maleware situation, my already paid subscription to the serve would be cancelled without refund due to violation of terms of service.

I heeded the warning and took care of the virus by being sure there was no further connection to the above mentioned site.

While doing an unrelated search for something I recently came across this article which I believe may have been posted in the past.

http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition-130302/

By definition signing up for any paid VPN ends anonymity as a CC has to be used giving details.

Where does it go from there?

What are your experiences and satisfaction with VPN's?

P.S. the virus MAY have inadvertently downloaded a total of 45 - 50 flicks over the course of 5 - 6 months. Wow.

• Upvote 1

If you want to break the law... its best to know how the law works.

First, every VPN provider in the world that actually works well will log your activity and has to respond to copyright infringement or any other illegal activity. Sometimes you see new providers pop up and claim they do not keep logs etc, but without exception I have seen them shut down fairly quickly, either by legal action (if they are in a country that has VPN regulations), or by a mass banning of its IP addresses at major routers in countries that do, effectively shutting them down - a VPN that cannot route thru 1st world countries is worthless.

Second, even if you do not pay with a credit card (more on that in a minute), if the law(s) broken are significantly major, you CAN easily be found using those logs. Even if you use multiple VPNs routed one from another, there is a trail that can and will lead back to your ISP and then to you. Of course with copyright infringement that doesn't happen in most countries. Some places tho do go to extremes - a number of European countries now track and fine people using P2P, and VPNs will not always protect you.

So... the best you can hope for then is to make the VPN as anonymous as possible. The only way to do that nowadays is to pay for the VPN via an untraceable source. The best of these is a new internet currency called Bitcoins. Here is a article on the best VPN providers that accept Bitcoins:

http://www.bestvpn.com/blog/4646/best-vpn-for-bitcoin/

If your a computer guy and have an extra computer or 3 around the house, you can even get bitcoins "free" by tasking those computers to farm out data packets for bitcoins as "pay". Not a simple thing tho, so only people with good computer knowledge should try it. Its not "free" exactly as it will take computer time (and electricity), but it is doable. I am able to farm about 3-4 coins per month right now just by farming while I'm sleeping - each coin is worth around $110, give or take from day to day (its traded as a currency so it goes up and down like any other currency).

Anyway... hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

I believe in the US bitcoin has been declared a monetary instrument businesses the use bitcoins must adhere to the same financial laws as businesses that use dollars.

BTW, those are cool looking coins. Would you be interested in selling one?

If you want to break the law... its best to know how the law works.

First, every VPN provider in the world that actually works well will log your activity and has to respond to copyright infringement or any other illegal activity. Sometimes you see new providers pop up and claim they do not keep logs etc, but without exception I have seen them shut down fairly quickly, either by legal action (if they are in a country that has VPN regulations), or by a mass banning of its IP addresses at major routers in countries that do, effectively shutting them down - a VPN that cannot route thru 1st world countries is worthless.

Second, even if you do not pay with a credit card (more on that in a minute), if the law(s) broken are significantly major, you CAN easily be found using those logs. Even if you use multiple VPNs routed one from another, there is a trail that can and will lead back to your ISP and then to you. Of course with copyright infringement that doesn't happen in most countries. Some places tho do go to extremes - a number of European countries now track and fine people using P2P, and VPNs will not always protect you.

So... the best you can hope for then is to make the VPN as anonymous as possible. The only way to do that nowadays is to pay for the VPN via an untraceable source. The best of these is a new internet currency called Bitcoins. Here is a article on the best VPN providers that accept Bitcoins:

http://www.bestvpn.com/blog/4646/best-vpn-for-bitcoin/

If your a computer guy and have an extra computer or 3 around the house, you can even get bitcoins "free" by tasking those computers to farm out data packets for bitcoins as "pay". Not a simple thing tho, so only people with good computer knowledge should try it. Its not "free" exactly as it will take computer time (and electricity), but it is doable. I am able to farm about 3-4 coins per month right now just by farming while I'm sleeping - each coin is worth around $110, give or take from day to day (its traded as a currency so it goes up and down like any other currency).

Anyway... hope this helps.

Thanks frosty.

I'm surprised. I was hoping for a recommendation of sorts for a VPN that would be likely to keep its guarantee of keeping no logs and etc. I gather you think that is a total bullshit promise.

I've read about bitcoins but really would not be likely to jump into it only to seek a decent VPN. i understand your sincere suggestion and appreciate it. i believe what you say.

I guess all the fellows that think they use their VPN's tracklessly are completly mistaken. I tended to suspect that.

I agree with short. Nice coins.

Short - Germany has declared that, but there is absolutely no way for them to even try to restrict, tax, monitor or even track bitcoin usage or ownership.

The whole point behind the Bitcoin was to remove the ability of any government to influence the value of it in any manner. Not sure if the architects thought about taxation or not, tho I would guess they did, and the design they came up with is a currency that cannot be tracked or traced in any manner by anybody.

As to the look of the "coin"... thats just a graphic. The bitcoin is a cryptographic currency. Think of it as a "file", tho that is not accurate. IN any case they are not "coins" as you know of them.

Cisco - Ya, that is correct. "no log" providers are a scam for the most part. Either they do keep logs and lie about it, or they are running their service on a network that is essentially worthless. Sucks, but with the amount of internet crime going on nowadays its not surprising that the governments are taking such a strong stand against those types of providers.

Why can't you print the hash on a coin?

The biggest problem I see with it is that there is a top limit of 21 million bitcoins and no more will be mined after that. Based on my understanding of how bitcoins work, that is not enough to stabilize its value. Few people will want to use a monetary system in which the value of its currencies jumps all over the place.

Edited by short

Why can't you print the hash on a coin?

Go ahead. I don't see any point in it, but you're free to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Cisco - Ya, that is correct. "no log" providers are a scam for the most part. Either they do keep logs and lie about it, or they are running their service on a network that is essentially worthless. Sucks, but with the amount of internet crime going on nowadays its not surprising that the governments are taking such a strong stand against those types of providers.

It wouldn't surprise me if Governments are targetting VPN's in search of terrorist activity. as well as criminal.

Lol short.

I would like to see that. Need a pretty big coin, and some really fucking small type to get it to fit :)

And then what would you do with it, since nobody expects virtual money to be coinage?

But, I hope short has one made up for us and shows what it would look like if it weren't virtual.

Few people will want to use a monetary system in which the value of its currencies jumps all over the place.

I agree with Frosty that Bitcoins are the way to go and in reply to Short, the real value of Bitcoins are that they can be totally anonymous.

Edited by papillon

papillon, on 27 Aug 2013 - 03:53, said:

I agree with Frosty that Bitcoins are the way to go and in reply to Short, the real value of Bitcoins are that they can be totally anonymous.

If Bitcoins are anonymous, how do you prove that you own one?

papillon, on 27 Aug 2013 - 03:53, said:

If Bitcoins are anonymous, how do you prove that you own one?
Please start a new topic or read up on bitcoins.

This topic is about VPN security.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

• 8 months later...

Many of vpn services to be slow and may also harm your computer also has unobtrusive ads

I downloaded this program http://probably-some-virus.qatar.com

and its very good for me , no annoying ads , were made to any of my browser settings. It was a totally clean download for me.

Not a good first post. :toilet_claw:

Edited by MM
Changed off site link
  • Upvote 1