Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

B Visa, no work permit, through gf company ?

I dont want it doggy. My gf will yak yak if i mention anything doggy.

So can u give me some details on it please.

Now u confussed as most of guys says u need wp and b visa together...

Thx

You need a non immigrant visa before they will approve a work permit however you can apply for a work permit on a tourist visa.

Edited by Fondles

I mean she had wp at all

work permit or no work permit nothing was in her passport other than a visa (assuming she was not here on a 30 day visa exempt stamp).

what was the permit in her passport ?

Edited by Fondles

I got a one year visa for Thailand in Saigon. I had a stack of papers from a company claiming they were going to file for a work permit on my behalf.

The work permit never materialized, but I was able to use the Non-Imm B multiple entry visa for over a year.

I got a one year visa for Thailand in Saigon. I had a stack of papers from a company claiming they were going to file for a work permit on my behalf.

The work permit never materialized, but I was able to use the Non-Imm B multiple entry visa for over a year.

What company

When did you get that visa? Recently?

What company

Endwave Corporation

When did you get that visa? Recently?

Looks like nothing has changed.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2884/34919-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22---To-Work-in-Thai.html

"Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand."

I reckon an education visa is just perfect for you, it will provide a 12 month visa and as a bonus you will learn the Thai language...

Working on his English would be a good idea also.

Why, if he learns Thai that would cover him well.

I think the Ed visa is the way to go too... and don't get caught 'working'.

So what if you have to have a language test after a year...... attend the classes and he might well be fluent then.

Only other visa I can think of is extension for medical treatment.

Or get married.....

Do Thai girls use shorthand in SMS to each other like some of the OP's post content? Do Thai letters work that way?

When I see forum posts with SMS shorthand where none is required I think about non Roman alphabet languages and if that would even work.

Spanish speaking girls do this a lot because of the SMS limit per message. "k" for "que" etc.

I think you make a good point on (his) learning Thai for both learning and the visa simplicity. If I retire n Thailand, I would study, not for the visa (because retirement O is cheaper) but because when I spend a lot of time in a foreign country I want to at least function in the local language.

Endwave Corporation

Looks like nothing has changed.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2884/34919-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22---To-Work-in-Thai.html

"Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand."

The link shows details of a 90 single entry. I was asking about the one-year multi-entry ...

but I was able to use the Non-Imm B multiple entry visa for over a year.

Things have changed. I got a look at my old passport and it was definitely a Multiple entry Non-Imm visa I was issued in HCMC, but that is not the case any longer.

Good luck getting Immigration to extend you past 90 days w/o having a work permit.

The other option back then was the Thai Trade office in Taiwan, which would issue 1 year Non-Imm B visas, but it appears that has changed too:

http://www.tteo.org.tw/english/business-visa

You might actually be able to get a one-year, but they are asking for a Taiwanese residency certificate.

• Upvote 1

Why, if he learns Thai that would cover him well.

I think the Ed visa is the way to go too... and don't get caught 'working'.

So what if you have to have a language test after a year...... attend the classes and he might well be fluent then.

Only other visa I can think of is extension for medical treatment.

Or get married.....

Or turist multiple ... and do runs..

Or turist multiple ... and do runs..

Why are you making suggestions when it was you who asked the question?

Two problems there... for sure you won't get a work permit.

You will need to travel outside of Thailand and possibly stay overnight in a neighbouring country.

Some neighbouring countries have restrictions on how many entries they will give you on the multiple.

Not sure what these guys are up to!

Some neighbouring countries have restrictions on how many entries they will give you on the multiple.

Yes, it's a good idea to change your exit country every time, but even then they are wise to you. When I was doing runs the best bet was a country you needed to fly to. Singers was the best, but obviously the most expensive.