Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The price of booze goes up tomorrow (4 Sep) ...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Successful people don't visits the bars like What's up...let them save for the losers...

I just checked in my fridge and my bottles of beer are just where I left them and none of them have gone up. They may go down later.

So its not only the girls that know you as a cheapo , but shopkeepers will be spreading the word as well.........

Posted Images

They will be smuggling it across the borders then.

I think 2-3 baht on a bottle of beer may translate to an opportunity to put 10 baht on in the entertainment zones.

I think my case of SML comes in around 950 baht, and 2-3 baht would take it above 1000 baht/case.

Ouch..... have to stop buying the lemons!

They will be smuggling it across the borders then.

I think 2-3 baht on a bottle of beer may translate to an opportunity to put 10 baht on in the entertainment zones.

I think my case of SML comes in around 950 baht, and 2-3 baht would take it above 1000 baht/case.

Ouch..... have to stop buying the lemons!

I don't drink SML. is it imported or made locally under licence?

I don't drink SML. is it imported or made locally under licence?

Made in Bangkok area, Pathumthani.....

Am i reading the change in wine tax correctly? It seems to say an increase from 100 baht per litre of alcohol to a 1,000 baht per litre. So that would increase the tax on a 5l box of wine from 65 baht to 650 baht !! I love my Mont Clair but that almost doubles the price.

Am i reading the change in wine tax correctly? It seems to say an increase from 100 baht per litre of alcohol to a 1,000 baht per litre. So that would increase the tax on a 5l box of wine from 65 baht to 650 baht !! I love my Mont Clair but that almost doubles the price.

No. The rates that have been passed are "ceilings" that allow for increases over the next 10-15 years without having to pass a new law/regulation every year to increase the lawful amount of duty that can be collected.

Just went out to panic buy some Aussie wine. 'Yellow tail' 'Linderman's' and 'Hardy's'

No change yet in price........even got my usual 10 baht a bottle discount.......... 120 baht. 'You know it makes sense Rodney'

Just went out to panic buy some Aussie wine. 'Yellow tail' 'Linderman's' and 'Hardy's'

No change yet in price........even got my usual 10 baht a bottle discount.......... 120 baht. 'You know it makes sense Rodney'

I just checked in my fridge and my bottles of beer are just where I left them and none of them have gone up.

They may go down later.

• Upvote 3

I wonder how much LD's will increase ???

They shouldn't, no alcohol involved.

So, did you see any change on beer or alcohol drinks in bars ?

Or was is a lot of noise for just 3 or 5 baht that will not immediately be added on prices ?

Since the beer distributors aren't tax collectors perhaps there will still be a bit of stock around that hasn't had the tax applied.

Of course some will add it anyhow.

My Leos are showing July and SML June '13.

I think the tax is applied at the manufacturing point of sale so it will work through to us soon.....particularly in soi Buakhao!

How many bar owners on here ???

how much have your drinks gone up ??????

from ???? to?????

Every bar that i went to thursday night,has an increase of 5 baht on beer,and nothing for sangsom or vodka,Sambuka same price,not a clue about any other spirit

cover other raised expenses of business.

So what are they then.

I have seen some bar's new purchase price lists for beer, per bottle raised about 3 Baht.

So I guess most Gogos will hike up the 10 Baht to keep their repurchase percentage and cover other raised expenses of business.