Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

British airways currently have a sale on. Expats may be interested to know that I have just booked bangkok london bangkok in april for 444 pounds.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

British airways currently have a sale on. Expats may be interested to know that I have just booked bangkok london bangkok in april for 444 pounds.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

There's also the small matter of another 400 quid 'tax' to consider.

BA's site is showing the cheapest current price as being 16K Baht before tax and charges. That translates to 36K Baht once the 'extras' have been added. Next April is even more expensive.

Edited by CheshireTom

Interesting Tom. This is my booking.

Flight detail.jpg

Booked through Expedia.co.uk yesterday. Looking at todays prices for the same flight and it is now £847.00

ebookers had a similar deal but that is also around £850.

I guess that you have to be quick.

So by April they have started the direct (turn back at BKK) LHR-BKK and use of T5!

Makes them a player again for transit passengers.

So by April they have started the direct (turn back at BKK) LHR-BKK and use of T5!

Makes them a player again for transit passengers.

They are using a 777 plane. Not sure if it will be more comfortable than their current planes.

THe BKK > LHR leg seems a little long at 14 hours and the LHR>BKK a bit short at 10:15. Put them together at 24 hrs 15 mins seems more like the usual 12 hr each way hop.

I shan't argue at £2 for each hour flight time.

Edited by Severn

They are using a 777 plane. Not sure if it will be more comfortable than their current planes.

THe BKK > LHR leg seems a little long at 14 hours and the LHR>BKK a bit short at 10:15. Put them together at 24 hrs 15 mins seems more like the usual 12 hr each way hop.

They must have allowed 2-3 hours going round and round in circles over London!!!! :D

Looks like you got a great deal there.....!

I wonder what CT has to say now that the " Evidence has been produced "....?

Best seat sale i've ever seen...!

Simple ... Expedia has BA on sale, not BA is having a sale as per the OP.

Sounds like a snooze you lose flash sale.

Be quick then and book your flight to Cambridge for the reunion! :D

Be quick then and book your flight to Cambridge for the reunion! :D

Looks like I'll miss this years reunion. My family is leaving for a ten day vacation to Hawaii next week. :bhappy

• Upvote 2

The timings are correct but the durations are wrong. The flights are 13:00 hours and 11:15 respectively.

Cathay had a huge sale for my November flight which saved me nearly $3,000 over the April trip cost for a refundable business fare.

I think from North America there must be good coach and coach plus fares and this sale has fares valid all the way to December 31st, and seats available for many flight, so worth a look due to the great service as well.

Perhaps even from Europe also. I don't fly out of Europe but if they have $1,100 fare from Canada and US the UK etc., I would think there must be a good deal unless the fare is North America specific.

just made a booking on the ba website, 597 quid, very cheap by their standards, also note they have changed the schedules, instead of a late evening flight it is a very reasonable 14.55 departure, arriving just after 9.00am