Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Markland Hotel on Soi1: any recent reviews?

Has anyone stayed at the Mark-Land (or Markland) Hotel in Soi 1, North Pattaya lately? All info I found on the board, while positive in general, seems to be a couple of years old. Reviews on Agoda are a mixed bag.
I expect to be in Pats for 5 days in October, and am trying to compare the Markland against the Sandy Spring (where I have stayed many times) or the Sea Me Spring hotels (still new to me). A room with at least partial sea view is important for me.

Thanks

Hi

These days I stay at the Summer Spring hotel opposite the Markland on Soi 1.

Nice big rooms with good quality bed and sofa for B1390 with member card ... which I assume you have if you stay at Sandy.

Nice rooftop pool as well.

Normally stay in a room at the back ... but this current trip, as still working on, I think new Holiday Inn tower, at the back ... manged to get front corner room (#410), which has sea view and good breeze, although gets the sun a bit. Picture of view below.

:chogdee

Spud

summerSpringBalcony.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now I can partly answer my own question:

I am in Pats now. Walked over to the Markland, and got chatting with a nice farang with his girl in the glass elevator. He confirmed that not only is the Markland girl-friendly (no Joiner fee), but they even give 2 breakfast vouchers per room if you are not alone.

He was very happy with the Markland.

I am in the Holiday Inn this time due to redemption of some free nights. It is also girl friendly, at least as long as one is reasonably discreet. My companion got treated with politeness and respect.

I am in the Holiday Inn this time due to redemption of some free nights. It is also girl friendly, at least as long as one is reasonably discreet. My companion got treated with politeness and respect.

As she should!

She shows great respect for others herself, and deserves the greatest respect! The staff obviously recognise that.

;-)