Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways crash Bangkok Airport 8th Sept

Not quite a crash. Landing gear failure.

Late Sunday night, local time in Bangkok, Thailand, a Thai Airways Airbus A330-300 landed and experienced a failure of its front landing gear. Flight 679 departed from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) in China and landed at the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) at about 11:00pm. The aircraft was carrying 278 passengers and 14 crew members. The airline is reporting that eight passengers were “slightly injured.”

Not quite a crash. Landing gear failure.

Late Sunday night, local time in Bangkok, Thailand, a Thai Airways Airbus A330-300 landed and experienced a failure of its front landing gear. Flight 679 departed from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) in China and landed at the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) at about 11:00pm. The aircraft was carrying 278 passengers and 14 crew members. The airline is reporting that eight passengers were “slightly injured.”

Thank God!

Well done to the pilots !

Maybe but wonder how they ended up in the grass if it was a collapsed nose gear.

Dammmm, I fly Thai sometimes 4 time a month, and i "do" fly 2 times every month (Work and back) Maybe its just a matter of time for me.?

I saw a video where Thai painted over the Thai logo on the plane. Personally I think it's a silly move.

I saw a video where Thai painted over the Thai logo on the plane. Personally I think it's a silly move.

Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see that.

I suppose they feel it has a negative affect on Thai passengers heading towards the runway to pass a damaged aircraft on the grass.

Probably a face thing!

I read it was the right undercarriage that failed.

What a lame-brained thing to do.

I thought it was a wind-up at first ... how much have they spent promoting their "identity"? A Gerald Ratner moment on a grand scale ... :sosad

Edited by CheshireTom

What a lame-brained thing to do.

Any chance of posting a URL?

It doesn't seem to come up for me here in UK on a dongle link.

I've read various articles that state nose gear failure after landing.

Seems like failure was possibly asymetric, and gouged runway, and plane went to right while pilot attempted to control it.

Right main gear may have dug in to soft ground on right when off runway.

Right engine was sparking and some stage of the landing, and even smoking after stop, and was foamed by fire trucks.

Note slides were only deployed on left of plane, avoiding possible fire event on right side.

Edited by s77656769

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words.......

And Thai Air painting over their logo is worth even more.

Apparently that act of silliness, Thai style, has made international news of what would normally be a minor report of an airline mishap.

And Thai Air painting over their logo is worth even more.

Apparently that act of silliness, Thai style, has made international news of what would normally be a minor report of an airline mishap.

This is standard practice through out the airline industry. It would be unusual if

the airline involved didn't cover up their logos, or even slap a coat of paint over

most of the aircraft, if the wreckage cannot be immediately removed from public

view.

Edited by Samsonite

This is standard practice through out the airline industry. It would be unusual if

the airline involved didn't cover up their logos, or even slap a coat of paint over

most of the aircraft, if the wreckage cannot be immediately removed from public

view.

That is what the Thai Air spokesperson said. Still, it seems silly to some.

Be sure to let the international media know this is standard practice, since they are the ones commenting on it.