Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have often looked around central Pattaya for a proper barber shop where you can get a good haircut and a good close wet shave with hot towels and face massage , i have checked all the usual places but no one seems to do the full works , anyone know if such a place exists and what are your experiences of it .

Hopefully, someone will offer a decent choice. I had used a place that is a few doors east of the intersection of 2nd Rd. and Pattaya Klang. There was a young Thai guy who worked there and several expats (incl. myself) suggested that he was the best in town. But he left a few months ago, coworkers saying that he went back home to Rayong... and I've been looking for a replacement ever since...

Not just Central Pattaya,

but at Pattaya Tai, between Soi 9 and Friendship Market.

"Thonar Barber"

Shave and hot towels, not sure about the face Massage.

100 Baht.

On the bend opposite the R-con Hotel on soi Baukhao, opposite the western union bank, wet shave 70 baht, hair cut same, they do offer face massage, cant remember the price.

Thanks for the info guys , i will be back in town in a few weeks and will check these out...

There seems to be a load of these places in the streets beside Tuc Com. Heading back towards Walking Street about 2 streets down same side as Tuc Eom.

There are also about half a dozen places in the last 200 metres in Soi Buakhao before you get to Pattayya Klang.

I would recommend a proper set of Hepatitis vaccinations A and B for anyone who gets shaves or tattoos in third world countries.

Manicures and pedicures also spread Hep A and B.

A and B are both very communicable and I have a lot of doubts as to sterilization of instruments particularly straight razors and nail and toe implements.

Nearly all the barbers put in a new razor blade in the holder before shaving you. Only ever seen one with a cutthroat razor and he was only trimming with it after a haircut.

Getting shots for Hep A and B should be recommended for anyone.

Next you'll be recommending that we should be using condoms.

Edited by DP Gumbypgh

I went for a haircut at home today. This is a place run by a couple of old time hairdressers and is possibly the cheapest place in town. The price was approx. 450 baht, the cut was ok but all they wanted to do was chat chat chat! I closed my eyes and even then they don't shut up. Dear Lord, take me back to my 70 baht haircut in Pattaya!

I went for a haircut at home today. This is a place run by a couple of old time hairdressers and is possibly the cheapest place in town. The price was approx. 450 baht, the cut was ok but all they wanted to do was chat chat chat! I closed my eyes and even then they don't shut up. Dear Lord, take me back to my 70 baht haircut in Pattaya!

Did they still ask you if you needed " Something for the weekend sir "............. :whistling:

LOL! No they didn't but in my head I could visualise it. I am not sure if I am on my own with this but the incessant chatter by some hairdressers drives me mad. Thankfully this is not the case in Thailand and in addition to a decent cut the guys and girls I have had of late don't try to share the story of their lives with me.

Did they still ask you if you needed " Something for the weekend sir "............. :whistling:

Yes, that is the bill for mine although I give 100.

And the language barrier keeps the chit-chat down and they can get on with it.

• 4 weeks later...

If you take a right from Pataya klang at the light just before Foodland, follow this road for about 8 minutes (motorbike) winding road, Just before you get to the "T" in the road...it is on your right. Great shop...100 baht....haircut, shave, hot towel massage, and the best thing.....this guy will listen to what you want. Been going there for 3 years now...out of the way....but worth the time.

Bad Boy had a haircut and a shave with all the extras 160 baht. Barber on Pattaya Tai up from IT com opposite side before the lights Pattaya No 1 Barber.

P1030098 (1024x768).jpg

P1030095 (1024x768).jpg

P1030096 (1024x768).jpg

P1030097 (1024x768).jpg

If you dont like happy men dont go here.

I get my hair cut at the barber opposite R-Con condos at the bend on Soi Bukhaow when I'm in town. They do an excellent job, but I won't let them near my beard again. Butchers! :angry2

Edited by Big_Brian

I get my hair cut at the barber opposite R-Con condos at the bend on Soi Bukhaow when I'm in town.  They do an excellent job, but I won't let them near my beard again.  Butchers!   :angry2  

This place?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1381878184119.jpg

• 2 years later...

There's actually a very good barber on Phratumnak Soi 4 in south Pattaya.. they also have straight razor shave, hot towels and thai traditional massage if you fancy. try checking out their page for more information www.fb.com/vintagebarbershoppattaya