Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Google lists FLB Bar as #1 bar in Pattaya

Was bored and web surfing when I went to maps.google.com and did a search for "bars, pattaya, thailand".

I was surprised when google gave FLB Bar the number #1 (A) spot in the list of bars on the left side of the page.

Was bored and web surfing when I went to maps.google.com and did a search for "bars, pattaya, thailand".

I was surprised when google gave FLB Bar the number #1 (A) spot in the list of bars on the left side of the page.

Maybe google takes into consideration your browsing history ...

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 1

I get Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort too.

Doing a search for FLB, Pattaya I see the result as "FLB Niteclub". Changing the maps search to "niteclub, pattaya" shows FLB on the second page of results. Not sure how niteclub gets into the name, but if it could be changed to "bar" I would hazard a guess FLB would see more business from those doing a Google search.

Maybe google takes into consideration your browsing history ...

And maybe the location.... my first one is the secretologists.....then:

Barracuda bar, Buffalo bar, whorist.com, Pook bar, Pattaya bar guide...

I noticed that both FLB and Heaven Above have "The Best Party Bar in Pattaya" on their sign boards outside.

Copyright infringements? Misrepresentation ? Someone should be suing someone!

Edited by lolex

I just googled FLB bar on my laptop for work from work and FLB Bar come up first!!

If you googled FLB bar , naturally FLB bar would come up first - duh ! If you are looking for FLB , it is not going to show you another place first , is it ?

• Downvote 2

The title of this thread is a bit misleading. Depending on how you have or haven't used Google Maps (and I believe Google Search) in the past, it will list certain businesses, addresses, etc. in order of relevance vis a vis previous searches and activity. FLB Niteclub will be the "A" point for some, not for others. It has nothing to do with a popularity ranking as #1.

So if Pook's turns up in anyone's results, they've been doing a hell of a lot of searching for ladyboy bars.

The results for me:

FLBCapture.JPG

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I don't think Google has quite nailed it yet, lol. Actually they probably have and it's a bit sinister.

On a side note, I don't like how Youtube recommends stuff for me to watch based on what I've looked at already. Is there any way of switching that off? Delete cookies?

• 2 weeks later...