Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 261 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Budget hotel and guesthouse

Hii i am visiting pattaya for first time on Oct 9 for 2 weeks could anyone recommend me good hotel or guesthouse 500-600bhat a day in south pattaya or beach/second road etc .

James

Just off the top of my head, I'd say you'd have more places to chose from if you raised your daily limit to about 800 baht.

Hii i am visiting pattaya for first time on Oct 9 for 2 weeks could anyone recommend me good hotel or guesthouse 500-600bhat a day in south pattaya or beach/second road etc .

James

Try this one " The Nags Head " on 2nd road opposite Soi post office , this is a good value guest friendly place , it is very clean and tidy and has a no hassle policy for bringing back girls , it has got free wi fi and free cable tv in rooms , they have large safe boxes in reception that are big enough to put a lap top in and have a good cafe / restaurant on the ground floor , at the time you are going they will always have rooms available , so just go straight there , no need to book , ask for a rear room , they are nice and quiet......600 b a night.......!

How about this room for 500

En-suite room with A/C, ceiling fan, new king bed, large fridge, free wifi etc, now with 32'flat screen TV

attachicon.gifWebsite small 5A.jpg

Or this one for 600

Separate bedroom and lounge, etc etc

attachicon.gifWebsite small 6B.jpg

many more on the website

Hi Thaidave, on your site it says there is also a charge of 7baht per unit of electricity and 250 baht for water with meters outside rooms, how much on average is the electricity and water bill on top of the rates of 500baht and 600baht rooms. I haven`t had to pay water and electric in any guest house i have stayed at before. whats the day rate with water and electric?

Im asking because im looking for a room for one month or maybe more from the 12th december

Edited by newbie34

Hi Thaidave, on your site it says there is also a charge of 7baht per unit of electricity and 250 baht for water with meters outside rooms, how much on average is the electricity and water bill on top of the rates of 500baht and 600baht rooms. I haven`t had to pay water and electric in any guest house i have stayed at before. whats the day rate with water and electric?

Im asking because im looking for a room for one month or maybe more from the 12th december

The electric and water is on the monthly deals only, all the daily rates are inclusive of everything, no extra's.

Mostly electric cost is the A/C and we as most places do this to deter guests from leaving the A/C on 24/7 which makes offering monthly discounts pointless, the average electric bill is between 5/700 baht.

I have never paid water and electricity in a guest house, i have in a condo and i understand some people leave the A/C on when not in room which is a waste and an added cost to you and people who do this aint being fair to you.

So room 5a in high season is a daily of 600 baht...@ 28 days is 16800 baht but your giving 300baht discount on a month stay which is 16500baht...or 11baht a day discount off the 600baht a day

so with electric and water for a month its 17000/17200

how much is the water per month?

it works out cheaper to pay 600 a day with "all included water and electric" than it does to go for the monthly discount????

600baht a day for 28 night all bills included no discount = 16800

or one month with discount 16500 + water / electric is 17000/17200??

Thants not a discount thats an increase in price when you go for the monthly discount...paying 200/400 baht more than you would if you just paid the 600 a day.....is there more to pay with water than the 500/700 electric???

Edited by newbie34

One month is not 28 days, we do 1 month say from the 6th to the 6th or 20th to 20th etc, no mention of one month being 28 days.

For example 600 X 30 is 18,000, with discount 16,500, + electric, keep it real with electric and water is 250 baht net so should be not much over 17,000 and high season most places do same and many don't offer monthly rates over high season as well as many places don't have separate meters and bump up your rates that way and many are in high season 1st November to April etc.

We already have 50% booked up over high season, mostly repeat customers.

Hope you dont take it as me having a go at ya thaidave cos im not, my mistake on your 30 day being a month (say 6th one month to 6th next month), just i have always worked with 28days as a month when booking hotels in thailand...my mistake on your pricing so sorry about that.

I noticed one place on LK metro that has gone for 8 months of high season - 15th september to 14th May.

I am coming to thailand on a tourist visa this time so may take your 30 day thing, i have only had 1 month(28day) entry stamps before and always had a one month discount at places so your 30 day threw me.

So i guess its just people with tourist visas who get the monthly discount and not entry stamp people?

Thanks for all the info Thaidave, as i said i hope you dont think i was having a go at you or anything, i was just trying to work it all out and its nice to see someone with a more realistic high season.

what rooms do you have available from thursday the 12th december for 30 nights? im still looking into rooms and your place is on the list

Thanks for all the info Thaidave, as i said i hope you dont think i was having a go at you or anything, i was just trying to work it all out and its nice to see someone with a more realistic high season.

what rooms do you have available from thursday the 12th december for 30 nights? im still looking into rooms and your place is on the list

Rooms available for a full month clear are 202, 402, 401, 1C, or 4C, thats about it or we can do a mix of into say 4A for half the time then into 8B as it becomes available.

Don't worry I am always trying to accept and questions or even criticism as it normally makes me aware of things which should improve what we offer.

Don't forget your only get stamped in for 29 nights....! if you stay longer you will be clobbered with 500 b fine per day and risk arrest........... :shame:

Don't forget your only get stamped in for 29 nights....! if you stay longer you will be clobbered with 500 b fine per day and risk arrest........... :shame:

So a thirty day visa is only 29 nights, ok, will have to check that one but never heard of anyone being arrested for a few days overstay, they like the few day overstays or a week or two as its filling the kitty and only goes upto 20k total but I wouldn't suggest overstaying that much more than once, you can of course get an extension and or the visa run which most guys do.

So a thirty day visa is only 29 nights, ok, will have to check that one but never heard of anyone being arrested for a few days overstay, they like the few day overstays or a week or two as its filling the kitty and only goes upto 20k total but I wouldn't suggest overstaying that much more than once, you can of course get an extension and or the visa run which most guys do.

You and i know the score Dave , but i am trying to give sound advice to a first timer........ :thumbup